• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

I have been thinking about this topic ever since 1981 when Trinity Broadcasting Network and others [sort of Hal Lindsey suggested] that September 1981 would be The Rapture. The basis for this was the interpretation of The Lord Jesus Christ's words "this generation" {Matt 24;Mark 13;Luke 21}--Israel became a nation in 1948, a "generation" = 40 years, Tribulation length = 7 years. Therefore 1948 + 40 -7 = 1981, since The Church [supposedly] would/will not be here during the 7 year Great Tribulation.

Now. Since The Rapture did not happen in 1981, nor 1988/1989 {per Edgar Whisenant}, nor 1992 {Mission for The Coming Days}...

Are the tares to be taken out the next major event [i am definitely NOT saying when]??? The following Scriptures are some of them that deal with this topic, as I see it.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/Mat/Mat013.html#top

Tares removed rather than The Rapture???

Mat 13:36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.

Mat 13:37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

Mat 13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked [one];

Mat 13:39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

Mat 13:40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

Mat 13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

Mat 13:42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Mat 13:43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Here in Schenectady, NY [uSA] where I live-few days ago in an apartment building 3 house down from where I live {I live in a rooming house} had a Federal drug raid [flash-bang I think, then was tear gas, local police-arrested what was/is purported to have been a "crack house":I heard the bang, then went out and saw a few local police there]. Also, I used to live on Hamilton Hill--this recent article re "Weed and Seed" seemed to me to be another way to look at the Scripture in post#1:maybe tares being taken out isn't a one-time End_Time event-maybe continuous tare removal/seeding???

Comments please. Article is from our local paper here.[selected/copied/pasted below]

________________________________________________________________________________

Paper: Daily Gazette, The (Schenectady, NY)

Title: City officials tour Hamilton Hill - Geraci gets an earful from

Hill residents on Weed & Seed outing

Author: MATT VOLKEGazette Reporter

Date: July 7, 2006

Section: B: Local

Page: B4

SCHENECTADY

Stephanie Riou was out of breath, ranting Thursday afternoon on

Schenectady's Emmett Street in Hamilton Hill, complaining of the crack dealing

and violent crime in her neighborhood."I'm tired of being asked if I

want to get high," Riou said, struggling to compose herself as she spoke

to city officials. "We're not all on drugs and alcohol here. There's

good people in this neighborhood who love their children and take care of

one another."

Marion Porterfield, a program site coordinator with the city's Weed

& Seed program, talked to her, encouraging her to come to a

neighborhood policing meeting later this month at the group's 782 Albany St.

office.

"Then do something about it," Porterfield said.

"They've been dealing drugs for years, and nobody cares," Riou

said, waving her hands.

"Then come join us," Porterfield said.

Thursday, Porterfield was joined by Police Chief Michael N. Geraci

Sr. and city code enforcement officials, as they toured the Emmett

Street area. They talked with neighbors, asking questions about problems

and concerns.

Weed & Seed is an initiative by the federal government to pull out

the criminal elements in low-income neighborhoods and plant good

influences, like community watch groups, said program site coordinator

Porterfield. Schenectady is one of 300 communities in the nation with the

program. The city's program concentrates on the Vale and Hamilton Hill

neighborhoods.

There have been programs to help residents in Hamilton Hill and the

Vale get jobs, set up neighborhood restoration and help get youth off

the streets, Porterfield said.

"Good to see you up here," said Leslie Richards, as Geraci

approached his house. "Need to see you more often."

Geraci chatted with Richards and his wife, Catherine, who said

living in "The Hill" is never easy.

"You take your life into your hands living here," she said. "Being

on the streets here, it's never safe."

Mike Smith, now of Clifton Park, used to live in Hamilton Hill. He

worked at the Carver Community Center in the late '80s, and was

visiting the Richards'.

He said he moved out of the city for the safety of his three

daughters.

"It's good to see this happening," he said of the Weed & Seed tour.

"This is the way to do it. I know a lot of these kids who are out here,

or are in jail."

Schenectady was designated a Weed & Seed community by the U.S.

Department of Justice two years ago, and was awarded a $175,000 grant. The

grant has been used to offset police overtime, undercover operations

and equipment.

This was the first tour the group has taken of the summer, and the

fourth time it's been done.

The group takes surveys of the neighborhoods, counting abandoned

buildings, like one where residents said crack was being sold.

The building will be boarded up today, Geraci said.

Reach Gazette reporter Matt Volke at 395-3110 or

mvolke@dailygazette.net.

Author: MATT VOLKEGazette Reporter

Section: B: Local

Page: B4

Copyright © 2006 The Daily Gazette Co. All Rights Reserved.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

40 years is not a generation, that is why they have their timing wrong. We are still waiting for the rapture and it could be imminent as God said it is. It does not mean these people had their theology on the rapture wrong, just an important point of what a generation is in time.

Today what Christians are getting wrong is what the trumpets mean in Thessalonians. They ARE NOT the same as the ones in Revelation.

Right! :thumbsup:

Stay away from anything that talks about dates and times. It is false doctrine.

I got sucked into the whole Hal Lindsey thing back in the 70s and it took 20 years of backsliding to get that junk out of my head. If you need answers...go to the source...God. The only book you need is the bible, anything else is a waste of time and money. God will not hold anything back from you if you go to him with an honest heart. Proverbs says "Fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge...Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." Ask and you shall receive. Ask Him for knowledge. Ask Him for wisdom. But most of all ask Him for understanding. You can have all the wisdom and knowledge in the world but without understanding, it is useless.

Stick with the bible...it's the only book you'll ever need.

Today what Christians are getting wrong is what the trumpets mean in Thessalonians. They ARE NOT the same as the ones in Revelation.

How do you know that?

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Just like in the days of Noah...the ones "taken out" were not on the ark... :taped:

Anyhow...Look to the Lord for His coming ...put all your faith in Him and His timing..

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  2,986
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

I have been thinking about this topic ever since 1981 when Trinity Broadcasting Network and others [sort of Hal Lindsey suggested] that September 1981 would be The Rapture. The basis for this was the interpretation of The Lord Jesus Christ's words "this generation" {Matt 24;Mark 13;Luke 21}--Israel became a nation in 1948, a "generation" = 40 years, Tribulation length = 7 years. Therefore 1948 + 40 -7 = 1981, since The Church [supposedly] would/will not be here during the 7 year Great Tribulation.

Now. Since The Rapture did not happen in 1981, nor 1988/1989 {per Edgar Whisenant}, nor 1992 {Mission for The Coming Days}...

Who has ever heard of a generation that passed away inside of 40 years?

People are known to live for well over a hundred years.

Ridiculous!

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  2,986
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Numbers 32:13 And the LORD's anger was kindled against Israel, and he made them wander in the wilderness forty years, until all the generation, that had done evil in the sight of the LORD, was consumed.

Hmmmm, so maybe if God would have made Israel to wander another 40 years, this silly prediction might have come to pass? :24:

It's been 58 years and counting, the prediction of that prophecy was taken out of context.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  10/27/1965

God has defined a Generation of man to be 120 years. The 40 years of wandering was the added time to have the generation that sinned die off (sorry for the cruddity). The generation that sinned with the golden idol was an older generation that grew up with the false gods of Egypt.

However, we know that a generation of man, or his lifespan, is 120 years.

Genesis 6:3 " And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years."

If you wanted to be a literalist you could say that the founding of Isreal in 1948 will start the clock and that on May 18th 2068 the Lord will come back. The Lord did not say that He will come back on the very last day of that generation, he said that the generation that sees will not die. I dont like to put dates to things like this because it creates false hopes, thoughts, and takes away from God's word. We dont know when he will come back. This is why any time I hear an organization say they have a date I discount their claim out of hand.

Jesus said that even He did not know when the end would come, only God knew. So if a man dares to believe that he knows the mind of God, and knows more than even Jesus I will say that that person is a false teacher and should be ignored and driven from you, because that person seeks to decieve you.

The Scripture I gave in Post #1 as well as everything Jesus said re "this generation" was said around 33AD or so. Revelation was [supposedly] written around 95AD. "shortly...time is at hand..."

We are in the year 2006. Anyway, let us assume that for purposes of this discussion.

The Scriptures [to me] do not teach teach that Israel is the "fig tree" Jesus mentions in Matthew 24 and therefore teachings like "when the fig tree- Israel- became a nation{1948} then that generation..." ... <Romans 11>, for example, refers to Israel as an olive tree I believe.

A careful literal reading of The Holy Bible gives [ to me ] lots of doubt about teachings that give little or no doubt that:

1. "The Rapture is next" and/or

2. "The 7 year peace treaty@antichrist of Daniel 9:27 and the Jews rebuilding of the 3rd/4th Temple then 3 1/2 years later-antichrist...".

I have grown very skeptical of teachings that attempt to bludgeon Holy Bible seekers and students into submission. By that I mean I have been {and seen others} greatly harmed and even driven insane by following closely a teaching or teachings from even very highly respected scholars. Incorrect teachings have, to me, logically resulted in a "yeh sure" attitude from unbelievers, seekers, even senior Christians to Bible prophecy teachings. To me, part of the Last Days teachings from The Holy Bible. Rather than love and unity in The Body of Christ hate and discord from our common adversary-the devil.

After many thousands of hours I have yet to find any endtime prophecy teachings that address the entire Word of God. Not that they are not out there. I am not a Holy Bible scholar-am a pupil.

Please try to always be aware of massive deception-he deceiveth the whole world/the very elect if that were possible.

Agape and peace to all,

Ron...

Edited by ajesuschrist_mathetes