hopedancer92

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

yea! and sometimes zoegirl is the opposite of rock..... they play some really slow quiet songs! i don't think you heard zoegirl like i have, lawyerforGod, cuz they are not rock and they worship God in all of their songs!!! it's not even close to britney spears!! :th_praying: i don't even get how you could relate them to Brittany.... except that they're both female!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by hopedancer92

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

yea! and sometimes zoegirl is the opposite of rock..... they play some really slow quiet songs! i don't think you heard zoegirl like i have, lawyerforGod, cuz they are not rock and they worship God in all of their songs!!! it's not even close to britney spears!! :24: i don't even get how you could relate them to Brittany.... except that they're both female!!! :P

And young! :rolleyes::th_praying:

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/16/1980

:th_praying: Well, "traditional" Baptist says that dancing is a sin, and it should not be in a church. but what i say is this. If it will get more bodies in the church, go for it.

:24:

Ecc. 3:4 a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance.

Jesus even looked down on the crowd in Matthew for not dancing.

Matthew 11:17 We Played the flute for you and you did not dance; we sang a dirge and you did not mourn.

David talks about dancing in Psalms.

Psalms 30:11 You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy.

149:3 Let them praise his name with dancing and make music to him with tambourine and harp.

whatever glorifies the Lord rather it is music, singing, or dancing. I say go for it.

Break Tradition......and make a statement for the Lord. :rolleyes:

God Bless

Billy

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/16/1980

Floating axe.... then your pastor has no idea what he is talking about and he is inviting a major problem into his church. He is not wise either in such a choice.

I have heard Zoegirl... first hand... a CD was given to me thinking they were doing a good thing.... no way. It is harder rock than most secular music.

You must be just a bunch of teenagers that are replying to this topic.

Kids, you just don't get it do you?

Doing this kind of stuff in church would be sin.

Dancing in Church A Sin?? if it was for any other reason then glorifying the Lord, then yes it would be. but if it was for the work of the Lord...then no.

oh and BTW.... i am not a teenager. I am 25. and the Bible is Crystal clear on the dancing thing....

if this was for something else, please forgive me....

God Bless

Billy

Edited by Sanyo

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Floating axe.... then your pastor has no idea what he is talking about and he is inviting a major problem into his church. He is not wise either in such a choice.

I have heard Zoegirl... first hand... a CD was given to me thinking they were doing a good thing.... no way. It is harder rock than most secular music.

You must be just a bunch of teenagers that are replying to this topic.

Kids, you just don't get it do you?

Doing this kind of stuff in church would be sin.

Excuse me! Our pastors are spirit-filled and Spirit led people! I have never in my life known more godly leaders! You, sir, are out of line by attacking them. We have no problems in our church, at least associated with worship! In fact we are closely connected with the church in Bogota, Colombia, pastored by Cesar Castellanos, which is a growing, vital church of about 800,000 I think. It is called Mision Carismatica Internacional. Look it up! You need to be careful when calling people of God unwise. It reeks of sedition.

There is NO SIN in worshiping before the Lord with your body in dance. It is a sweet savour unto the Lord! He is pleased with us! Remember how the Lord cursed David's wife for turning up HER nose to his holy behaviour? Be careful, sir. You will have to answer for these very words you have spoken one day.

Edited by Floatingaxe

Guest jckduboise
i'm sort of confused about this one idea i have , lets see if u can help me out:

it was about a month or so i got an idea of something i could do in church....i want to start a dance class.... with a devotional before every class.... on sunday nights at the church. now this cood be complicated especiallybecause its a baptist church...i don't know if they'd allow it... and i'm only 13 ... almost 14. i'd like to do it for about 3 month periods with 2nd -5th graders ... i haven't asked neone yet.... but i don't kno what to do... or who to ask... i f i shood do it at all....

ne comments or suggestions?

dance sister DANCE!!! :wub:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I have seen this kind of dance and think it's awesome...go for it! :wub:

Guest ymihere_really
i'm sort of confused about this one idea i have , lets see if u can help me out:

it was about a month or so i got an idea of something i could do in church....i want to start a dance class.... with a devotional before every class.... on sunday nights at the church. now this cood be complicated especiallybecause its a baptist church...i don't know if they'd allow it... and i'm only 13 ... almost 14. i'd like to do it for about 3 month periods with 2nd -5th graders ... i haven't asked neone yet.... but i don't kno what to do... or who to ask... i f i shood do it at all....

ne comments or suggestions?

I belonged to a Southern Baptist church and asked my pastor this very thing. Not to have dance classes,,just about dancing in general. He said that if I was thinking about the Lord while I was dancing, it was probably ok. I REALLY got into the "praise and worship" music during services and would sway and bobble around while everyone else in the congregation stood like boards,,no one complained.

The church I attend now is more lenient. We have all sorts of people. Some just sit, like baptists, some raise their hands and pray out loud during worship, some have scarfs or shawls and wave them around while they're dancing in the walk areas or behind everyone. To me, it's a little distracting and I have a hard time paying attention, let alone praising and worshipping but I think it's a good thing to not shun anyone away.

On the side, we have a group of people who take dance lessons at the church on Monday evenings. We mostly learn "ballroom" dancing for the singles who go to Christian Singles dances...a few marrieds go, too. We also do line dances that are fun and a GREAT form of exercise.

If you use Christian music,,,which comes in all forms of music these days,,,and you're only teaching jazz and ballet (which isn't done out on the dance floor of anyplace I've ever been) maybe you could approach the church as a form of exercise AND worship? If the kids understand that you're playing music for God, and maybe put some hand and arm jestures in the choreagraphing like praying hands or lifting hands or pointing at the Heavens, etc....in the appropriate places in the music,,,the kids AND the church would see the benefits? Not only giving the kids exercise and fun but teaching them to HEAR songs and another way to worship?

God bless you for taking an interest in the kids!! :wub:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

No - Kutless, Audio Adrenaline, Reliant K, Third Day - are rock.

Zoegirl is pop/dance.

It's a completely different style of music.

You may have problems with pop/dance, but please call it what it is. Thank-you.

Hopedancer - ask your parents for input. :wub:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

wow there is a lot to think about when comes to dancing in the church? When I was growing up I was taught that the "D" word was even bad enough just to speak of let alone do it. However, I grown up and away from that kind of thinking and I think a lot of churches have. Even if still few believe that. It is kind of like the movie "Footloose" with Kevin Bacon who moves from the big city to little town that does not believe in rock music or dancing.

Another thing to consider is if your church is afraid of the "D" word dancing sometime they may accept the words of chorygraphed or Litigiual dance.

Also, consider looking at other churches that allow dancing and ask them how they got started.