IGNORED

What are we supposed to "do" with Old Testament Law?

Guest LivingWater

Guest LivingWater

I am confused about this issue cuz I have a Messianic Jewish friend. She said for one thing shrimp and crabs are nature's trash disposals system and that is reason enough not to eat them. But besides, it was not allowed in the Old Testament Law.

But isn't there something to about (maybe it was Paul, or Peter? I don't know) someone having a dream and all things were they allowed to eat? But if that's true, than who cares that the Law of Moses is there in the Bible? Should we care what is in that Law? Or is it totally irrelevant? But the 10 commandments are in there, too. But I don't know any Christians, except two, who do anything special on the Sabbath day.

What are we supposed to do with the Law? :emot-hug:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

I am confused about this issue cuz I have a Messianic Jewish friend. She said for one thing shrimp and crabs are nature's trash disposals system and that is reason enough not to eat them. But besides, it was not allowed in the Old Testament Law.

But isn't there something to about (maybe it was Paul, or Peter? I don't know) someone having a dream and all things were they allowed to eat? But if that's true, than who cares that the Law of Moses is there in the Bible? Should we care what is in that Law? Or is it totally irrelevant? But the 10 commandments are in there, too. But I don't know any Christians, except two, who do anything special on the Sabbath day.

What are we supposed to do with the Law? :emot-hug:

I shudder to think what kind of answers are going to appear with this one! :whistling:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Yes, it was Peter's vision found in Acts 10. All things are lawful in dietary things. That is only one purpose for that vision. The main purpose was for Peter and us to realize that God now makes no distinction between Jew and Gentile--we can all come to Him--there are no barriers!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

The Jews and Muslims don't eat pork. Yet, Christians do.

While I was growing up my mother fixed alot of pork dinners. Today, I do eat some pork but not alot.

The OT law came first. I guess it's a decision you will have to make.

Snow

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

We are not bound by OT dietary laws but they are a good choice if one wants to eat healthy.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Romans 14--read it.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Romans 14--read it.

Good advice. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  03/15/1966

What do we do with the O.T. law?

We study O.T. law, and Jesus fulfilled it.

It's been called a "type and shadow" of things in the New Testament.

I've heard that the law itself is somewhat prophetic, too.

Should we eat shellfish and/or pork?

Why not? Just cook it thouroughly. In my opinion, they were considered unclean because they are prone to parasites.

Besides, it's not what goes into a man that defiles him, but what comes out from his heart that defiles him.

R.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Excellent suggestion, wordsower! :huh:

Here it is: Romans 14....

" 1 Welcome with open arms fellow believers who don't see things the way you do. And don't jump all over them every time they do or say something you don't agree with

Edited by Floatingaxe

Guest H.O.P.M

What are we supposed to do with the Law? :noidea:

That was Peters dream that had nothing to do with cleansing all meat it was showing that not to call man clean or un clean only god can judge that it is a confusing letter most people take it as god cleansing all manor of meat but at the end of that chapter peter tell what the dream meant, he said For god showed him to call no man common or unclean. God said i come not to distry the law not one jot or title will pass from the law till his returning nad he has not returned as of yet lol thanks Just a quick note alot of people quote it is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a man but what comes out that is spiritual speaking this is talk about the health law to keep us healthy7 if you look we dont have canine teath we have teath to eat vegetairian. but hat is another story dont confuse the two. we resel the scriptures to our own demise. sorry about the spelling

Edited by H.O.P.M