KeilanS

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Hmm, my favorite bands are Fear Factory, Thursday and Atreyu. I listen to mostly metal, punk, industrial (lots of Nine Inch Nails.) I don't think it matters what music you listen to as long as you enjoy it. I'd probably listen to more Christian bands but all the songs are so Christ centered, yes I know that's the point but it's so annoying. I listen to music because I enjoy music, not because I enjoy being preached to. I just want something loud, fast, and angry, the kind of music that when you hear live you just get so pumped up you want to jump into a mosh pit and go nuts. Unfortunately the Christian music I've heard lacks loud, angry, energy filled mosh pits.

I know what you mean!!! I don't mind Christ centered music as long as it doesn't sound like a sermon. I also like fast, loud, angry music.

If you are looking for some Christian Stuff, here is some you might want to look into.

1. Kutless (A lighter Christ-centered kind of band, you probably wouldn't like it, but I do and I seem to enjoy the same music as you.)

2. Thousand Foot Krutch (This is a good one, not super heavy, but heavy enough and although when you think about it, there is a Christian perspective to their music, you wouldn't notice it if you didn't know they were Christian.

3. Demon Hunter and Underoath (These are both VERY heavy screamo angry bands, the Christ-centered part won't bother you because when you can even make out the words, they arn't like preaching).

Thats the main Christian stuff I listen to, so if you have some free time, you might want to check them out.

Thank you so much :-D. I didn't even know Underoath was a Christian band, I've heard them a bunch of times on the local college radio. I'll have to check out the other bands you listed.

hr.jr. I feel like my relationship with Jesus is strong, I really don't think if Jesus were here today he'd say "We must all listen to Christian music!" He asks us to spread his word, but if I know his word already why would I have to make my whole life listening to it? I've driven cross country so many times, and most of the time in the car I'm listening to music. I'm really not in the mood to hear the same thing over and over again about Christ and his message. Not that I have anything against Christ but it'd be like if my music was about programming, or photography (two things I like a lot and know a lot about.) One or two songs and I think "Oh cool they're singing about something I'm passionate about." It's even nicer because it's so rare I'd hear a song like that. When it becomes every song I listen too "This is just redundant and annoying."

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  297
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Hmm, my favorite bands are Fear Factory, Thursday and Atreyu. I listen to mostly metal, punk, industrial (lots of Nine Inch Nails.) I don't think it matters what music you listen to as long as you enjoy it. I'd probably listen to more Christian bands but all the songs are so Christ centered, yes I know that's the point but it's so annoying. I listen to music because I enjoy music, not because I enjoy being preached to. I just want something loud, fast, and angry, the kind of music that when you hear live you just get so pumped up you want to jump into a mosh pit and go nuts. Unfortunately the Christian music I've heard lacks loud, angry, energy filled mosh pits.

I am nobody's judge. I think if I were you I would look long and hard at relationship with Jesus. What you have just said makes it appear you may not have a relationship with Him.

wow, that wasnt judging or anything!! :o. what you said is the opposite of your initial words...'i am nobody's judge'. yet you turn right around and judge anyway. i cannot believe the audacity of your comments.

its amazing how much you 'know' about a person through a screen and some typed words. i guess God made everyone to look and act as you do.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Well, 3in1, it's out of the heart that the mouth speaks.

Blessings! :emot-hug:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

I am nobody's judge. I think if I were you I would look long and hard at relationship with Jesus. What you have just said makes it appear you may not have a relationship with Him.

wow, that wasnt judging or anything!! :emot-handshake:. what you said is the opposite of your initial words...'i am nobody's judge'. yet you turn right around and judge anyway. i cannot believe the audacity of your comments.

its amazing how much you 'know' about a person through a screen and some typed words. i guess God made everyone to look and act as you do.

I agree! I don't agree with what the original OP had to say, but instead of lambasting him, why not PRAY for him and let God open his eyes?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

I have to agree that that was a pretty judgemental comment. Everybody listens to different music, and just because somebody listens to hymns all day, it doesn't mean they have no relationship with Jesus. Since I got more into Christianity within the last two years, the music I listened to for parts of it was downright bad, and while maybe it hindered it, that didn't spoil my growing belief.

Edit to remove my rudeness. Lawyer, could you explain your posts? Why is heavy music wrong?

Edited by KeilanS

Just to add to this, I'm going to post a song. It isn't extremely heavy, but it is definatly rock, and even gets into screaming at the end.

Have u ever seen a man stumble and fallen,

all due to his pride

I don't want to be another one

Fallen due to my pride

Woah...

Take my pride away,pride away

Take my pride away

Lord keep me only focused on you

Make me a humble man

Don't ever let me take the credit

For all that you have done

Woah...

Take my pride away,pride away

Take my pride away

Away.....

Standing here amidst this point of definition

Pushing for position as I battle oposition, Am I on a mission or is it all in vain

Do you notice the difference or is it all the same

And who do I blame when my vision get blurry

I get in a hurry frustrated and feeling fury

Faith is enduring to stand the test of time

Answers are plain we make them hard to define

But pull from divine when problems arise

But pride denies and my stand never survives

In every one of our lives in every single day

We need to lay down our pride as God takes it away

Take my pride away,pride away....

Call me crazy, but I have to say that lyrics like that probably dont' come from the Devil.

P.S. The song is Pride Away by Kutless on their self-titled album (Kutless). The lyrics were taken from www.lyricsdomain.com.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Amen!

It is not beyond God to have Himself glorified in any and all types of music! After all, He is the creator of music, and He is the reason for it in the first place--it was created to glorify HIM!

God created rhythm..our bodies bear that out incessantly! The psalmist tells us that we are to worship God with all we've got and with all we have--instruments included! I take that literally! Praise Him! :cool::):emot-dance:

Edited by Floatingaxe

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Amen, Axe! :cool:

Amen, Axe! :)

Amen, Axe indeed, I couldn't have put it better! If God put in you a liking for loud, fast, and yes, even angry music, then by all means use it in his praise!!! :thumbsup: