Guest jckduboise

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Christians will be gone in the rapture before any of the tribulation happens.

yes LawyerForGod,

I don't plan to be here neither for that time period I want to be accounted worthy and ready and I pray we are should he choose to come as the thief in the night. I want to be watching and ready.

:blink:

OC

You are already counted worthy, not because of anything you have done or will do, but because of the merit of Jesus Christ and the imputation of His righteousness. The doctrine of imputation says when G-d looks at you, He sees all the good things Christ ever did (simply put). There are no levels of righteousness in the Lord's reckoning. Still if some feel they need to go through the Tribulation to be "cleansed" or "purified" or whatever, maybe the Lord will make an exception for them (just kidding, kids). None of us is worthy on our own before the Lord, but we are made worthy by Christ and Christ alone ("judicial sanctification," for the lawyer guy). Obvioulsy a lot of people have a problem with that Biblical teaching.

Hello Marnie,

I give some serious thinking thoughts to what you have said here about imputation. I know of this teaching from the word concerning Abraham in Romans 4 and I think I know what you trying to tell me which is "God forbid that I should glory save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ by whom the world is crucified unto me and I unto the world"

you say "they are no levels of righteousness in the Lord's reckoning." As the Lord would open up my mind to these thoughts of yours I can see this to be true. There are levels of glory to obtain in our walks with the Lord I do think as the Lord wants to work in our hearts further as we continually die daily to self and take up our cross.

But that does not or does not combine with any of the Lord's work in our hearts as far as "levels" of righteousness we can obtain ourselves by our own good works. Our righteousness comes by faith in what God inputed unto us through the work of the cross and nothing else. And that also sealed us Romans 4:11 and Ephesians 1:13 until the day of redemption. "Christ the Solid Rock I Stand all other ground is sinking sand." Jesus blood and "His" Righteouness. :24:

Your words have not fallen on deaf ears this day I can hear you maybe sometimes I a little slow but He made us "worthy" It going to have to sink down more in spirit but I see.

We are already "purified" made clean. This is good news and I don't want to go through the tribulation period to be purified either and glad I don't have to.

I have just lately try to get away from everybody else and try to learn from God on my own seeking him as they alot of doctrine that I think have hurt me in walk with God mixing me up. causing me to stay stuck in alot of areas. So I thank you kindly for what you say to me. :whistling:

blessings

OC

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Anyway, the main thing is that we keep walking with Jesus and shun sin. If we do that and I am right, one day I will meet you in the sky in the rapture, and if you are right, we will be close enough to the Lord to make it through until the second coming.

I like your attitude! Thanks so much!! :whistling:

Still if some feel they need to go through the Tribulation to be "cleansed" or "purified" or whatever, maybe the Lord will make an exception for them (just kidding, kids).

Marnie,

How do you interpret this passage:

Revelation 19:1-9:

After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in heaven shouting:

And, this one:

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Still if some feel they need to go through the Tribulation to be "cleansed" or "purified" or whatever, maybe the Lord will make an exception for them (just kidding, kids).

Marnie,

How do you interpret this passage:

Revelation 19:1-9:

After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in heaven shouting:

Marnie, your last answer has me wondering about something. I agree that when the angel showed John the Lamb's wife, he showed him the Holy city New Jerusalem, not the church. At the same time, in your post, after referencing that, you mention the church being married to Christ. What I am wondering is do you believe the church to be the guests at the spiritual wedding with the Holy City New Jerusalem being the bride, or is it your position that the city itself is not the bride, but in the vision, John saw a city that was inhabited by the church and that it was the church that was the real bride? I have often questioned this matter myself.

Yes, I believe the Bride of Christ is the New Jerusalem, which is/will be inhabited by the saints. So, yes, I would say the Birde will include the Saints from all generations, from Adam onward. My previous answer was a bit rambling; I should have edited it more. Sorry.

We are already "purified" made clean. This is good news and I don't want to go through the tribulation period to be purified either and glad I don't have to.

I have just lately try to get away from everybody else and try to learn from God on my own seeking him as they alot of doctrine that I think have hurt me in walk with God mixing me up. causing me to stay stuck in alot of areas. So I thank you kindly for what you say to me. :wub:

blessings

OC

OC,

When I say there are no levels of righteousness, I am referring to just one side of sanctification. The "instantaneous" side says the moment I become born again, I am as holy as Christ in G-d's eyes. Ours is not a works-based holiness. But on the "experiential" side, I need to grow in the faith and grow in grace. This is the side man sees. There is no tension between the two sides of righteouness when you realize the conept of "judicial sanctification," that is, in Christ we are reckoned or declared righteous, like in a court of law. Even though we may be sinners, because Christ "paid the fine," we are set free. In practical terms, we still sin and we still need the blood of Christ each and every day to wash us clean. But G-d is faithful and just and will do just that at our asking. Praise the Lord for this. It is so liberating.

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8:1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

I have just lately try to get away from everybody else and try to learn from God on my own seeking him as they alot of doctrine that I think have hurt me in walk with God mixing me up. causing me to stay stuck in alot of areas. So I thank you kindly for what you say to me. :emot-highfive:

blessings

OC

OC,

When I say there are no levels of righteousness, I am referring to just one side of sanctification. The "instantaneous" side says the moment I become born again, I am as holy as Christ in G-d's eyes. Ours is not a works-based holiness. But on the "experiential" side, I need to grow in the faith and grow in grace. This is the side man sees. There is no tension between the two sides of righteouness when you realize the conept of "judicial sanctification," that is, in Christ we are reckoned or declared righteous, like in a court of law. Even though we may be sinners, because Christ "paid the fine," we are set free. In practical terms, we still sin and we still need the blood of Christ each and every day to wash us clean. But G-d is faithful and just and will do just that at our asking. Praise the Lord for this. It is so liberating.

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8:1

Yes Marnie,

I can see that these two are not "combined" or interwoven with one another pertaining to works of our own. Works are the experiential side of our faith and not the "justification" side by faith that God did for us on our behalf.

And God is faithful and just at our asking. These two work in harmony with one another but are not combined into one act of works. It is liberating indeed. I think somethings got all joined up together somewhere along the line in all this pertaining to me. But I really do see they are not at all to be joined together for they are seperate. blessings

OC