• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

by John Pacheco and Pete Vere

John Paul II often speaks about the contemporary battle between the culture of life and the culture of death. Nowhere is this cultural battle more pronounced than with regard to the institution of marriage.

Weapon of Choice for the Culture of Death

Undoubtedly, artificial birth control is the weapon of choice for the culture of death. It undermines the self-sacrifice that marriage entails and it undermines both the unitive and the procreative functions of the conjugal act. In short, contracepting couples never become one

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  520
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/07/1974

I hope there aren't any Catholic Church haters here. I was at Faithforum and they hate catholics there...calling them a cult and the harlot of Rev. 18.

I don't agree with catholic doctrine personally. Mary is not sinless, according to the Bible, she needed a Savior, just like the rest of us. She even made a sacrifice.

But I love people who are Catholic. I have some great catholic friends. God bless you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Bless you, Endure...I'm not Roman Catholic but I also have some wonderful RC friends as well.

I strongly disagree with their doctrines in many cases but I still regard them as brothers.

I can't say I consider what the "Holy Father" (the Pope) says...since I'm not Catholic, I don't consider him to be my father.

My Father is God Almighty who reigns in heaven.

Nevertheless, I love the Catholics ...just don't see eye to eye with them.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

I use to be Catholic,

Thank goodness that i dont have to rely on my own pentance to get me thru my sins...... but the Repentance, and the washing of my body, mind, soul with the Blood of the Lamb.... a total cleansing....

I have many people that are around me on a daily bassis that are catholic, there are a few of them that are Born Again Catholics, and are remaining in the Catholic church as wittnesses for the others. they feel that is where God wants them to be ( Hmmmm Spirit Filled Catholic? one that no longer has to use the priest to get a message to God? one that dont have to use a statue of mary to talk to God? ...... )

in Matthew, it tell us not to call any one father but Him above.....

i have found that i do not need to have a set of beads to get me to pray, i dont need another man to interceede for me when i need to chat with God......

the idea is good, that we put God at the hub of our marriages, and let God be the one to bless us with the children, or the not having children.... God can do that, and if we keep Him the center of our lives, and households ( me and this house is serving the Lord )

serving the Lord,

if we all focused our efforts on what the Lord wants, we would not have to worry about crime, ( any kind ) or even sin infiltrating our lives, for there would not be any room for it. if we all have truely asked the Lord into our hearts, and have accepted Him in to our hearts, then follows Him with our hearts, letting Christ rule over our hearts, there would be so much love, and comfort and peace and joy in the church world that there would not be enough buildings to shelter all that would be coming to services.

as it is, we are still trying to be of this world and not of this world at the same time, we want both, and well, THAT JUST AINT GOING TO HAPPEN......

we have to let go of the things of this world, and cling to the Lord God Almighty..... nothing else will fill the soul, nothing else will satisfy, nothing else will make you truely happy, there is no one else that can fill you with the Joy, peace.....

I dont care who you are, Catholic, Protestant, budist, muslim, hindu, J.W. Mormon, or any other " religion" if you have not accepted the Lord Jesus into your hearts, as your Lord and Savior, if you do not Believe on the Lord God Almighty, if you do not believe that Jesus is the True Son of God, then you need to be on your knees before God, seeking His Mercy and Grace, so that you can accept and believe on the Lord Jesus Christs, and be filled with the Holy Spirit, just as on the day of Penticost, just as the deciples were filled, they did not start their ministries untill they had waited on one of the promises of Jesus, and that was to stay there until the Spirit of God came upon them......

forget the material things, they mean nothing....

statues and beads and medalians, are being used as idols for worship..... forget them, and dont pray to them at all..... that is one thing that God was very upset about.

your friend and brother in Christ......

mike

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  251
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/31/1943

AMEN BROTHER MIKE.... THAT IS A GOOD WORD FROM THE LORD..... amen

brother i really appricate your comments ..... They are right on with the word....

bless you and yours jesusislord

• 1 year later...

• Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

I love all people! My daddy is RC and my ma is GO (Greek Orthodox) but she dropped that and went to Christianity and I followed in her footsteps!

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Well, since this is a message board I'll chime in here <_<

I find no Scriptural support for the anti-contraception view. I do understand that some forms of contraception are abortifacient, rather than contraceptive in nature, and hence they should be avoided in the respect of life.

But, nowhere in the Bible are we commanded to have as many children as the womb will handle.

I once heard something on this that I really liked, and here it is.

In 6 days God created the heavens, the earth, and all that in them is. And, on the 7th day God rested.

Was God tired? No.

Did God run out of things to create? No.

Then, why did God "end his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made (Genesis 2:2)?"

Because, "it was very good (Genesis 1:31)."

So, too, as a parent I can look at my 2 children (and the 3rd that I have on the way), and say, "it is very good. I will end my work and rest." <_<

Just because we are "able" to continue producing children doesn't give us a mandate to do so. God was able to continue creating and he chose to rest from His labor. And, after my 3rd child is born I, too, will choose to rest from my labor by having a vasectomy (non-abortifacient).

Regarding the rosary, I find no biblical support of it at all. And, the only reference to the concept I find in the Bible is in Matthew 6:7 and it is not positive.

But, I do feel that there are RC who are genuinely saved. It isn't our denomination or religous affiliation that saves us, rather it is the blood of Jesus Christ that saves us. Salvation depends on Who you are trusting, not where you are fellowshipping. I have known true believers who are RC.

For me, I do not understand how one could be a genuine believer and be "at home" in the RCC. But, that is between them and their Lord.

Guest Bro Davidâ„¢
Well, since this is a message board I'll chime in here  <_<

I find no Scriptural support for the anti-contraception view. I do understand that some forms of contraception are abortifacient, rather than contraceptive in nature, and hence they should be avoided in the respect of life.

But, nowhere in the Bible are we commanded to have as many children as the womb will handle.

I once heard something on this that I really liked, and here it is.

In 6 days God created the heavens, the earth, and all that in them is. And, on the 7th day God rested.

Was God tired? No.

Did God run out of things to create? No.

Then, why did God "end his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made (Genesis 2:2)?"

Because, "it was very good (Genesis 1:31)."

So, too, as a parent I can look at my 2 children (and the 3rd that I have on the way), and say, "it is very good. I will end my work and rest."  <_<

Just because we are "able" to continue producing children doesn't give us a mandate to do so. God was able to continue creating and he chose to rest from His labor. And, after my 3rd child is born I, too, will choose to rest from my labor by having a vasectomy (non-abortifacient).

Regarding the rosary, I find no biblical support of it at all. And, the only reference to the concept I find in the Bible is in Matthew 6:7 and it is not positive.

But, I do feel that there are RC who are genuinely saved. It isn't our denomination or religous affiliation that saves us, rather it is the blood of Jesus Christ that saves us. Salvation depends on Who you are trusting, not where you are fellowshipping. I have known true believers who are RC.

For me, I do not understand how one could be a genuine believer and be "at home" in the RCC. But, that is between them and their Lord.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow that is a post that made sense to me.

Great Job, and be happy for you have spoken in the Spirit and therefore be Ye Blessed.

I pray the Lord watch over you and keep you the way you are.

Glory be to God,

Amen to everything and I mean everything in the post above.

Truth and Luv that is indeed a wonderfull Post.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

I agree with Bro David! It made 100% sense to me also and be blessed!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/27/1975

The entire article has one overlying flaw Mobile:

If we believe God is truly in control, then contraception or no contraception a baby will be born if he wills it.

To assume otherwise denies the power and divinity of God.