• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.newdirection.ca/a_biol.htm

For anyone who is interested, or if the topic ever comes up.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  02/21/1986

I'd like to see a mention of recent brain-scan work done on straight, gay and transgender subjects which showed that the chemical makeup of gay men more closely reflects that of women than straight men, and vice versa - a more advanced, current version of De Lay. Also, I don't think it's ever been claimed that someone's being gay is determined exclusively by genetics. If this were the case, we might note a trend of gay parents producing a high percentage of gay children, which I don't think is the case. The refutation of the findings of the study with regard to twins was based solely on genetics; however, it could be that being gay is a consequence of being born with a different brain structure - not out of genetics, but in the same way that some people are born with greater mental capacities than others. I hesitate to use the word "condition," but not every person born different from their parents is born so because of their genes.

Also, I notice the studies referenced mentioned only gay men, not gay women, and made no reference to people who are either bisexual by inclination, who choose to experiment or who choose one gender over another due to experience. All in all, I think the link you've provided, while it makes relevant comments on a few choice studies, is not the be-all and end-all of the issue.

I have a question. I like to know why gay men feel the need to either, hate women, or attempt to behave like they are women? Where's the normal ordinary gay guy...?

You know, of all my male gay friends, I wouldn't put a single one in either of those categories. How many gay blokes do you know?

Guest LadyC

no scientific evidence has ever been found to sufficiently support ANY genetic link to homosexuality. and dood you make good points regarding the chemical makeup of the brain being altered by substances and other influences.

God forms each individual in the womb. scripture says that. God doesn't make mistakes, and He isn't cruel, either, which means he doesn't intentionally design anyone to be something he abhors.

Guest LadyC

for the record, i've never known a gay man to hate women either... although many lesbians hate men, generally because they've been abused by them. and lots of gay men do not act like women.... and lots do.

no scientific evidence has ever been found to sufficiently support ANY genetic link to homosexuality. and dood you make good points regarding the chemical makeup of the brain being altared by substances and other influences.

God forms each individual in the womb. scripture says that. God doesn't make mistakes, and He isn't cruel, either, which means he doesn't intentionally design anyone to be something he abhors.

This seems a strange argument to me, LadyC; this means that God also makes children with congenital birth defects or diseases such as progeria, forms Siamese twins, makes some babies be with their organs on the outside of their body and lets children be formed as the result of incestuous relations. If these things aren't mistakes and they aren't cruel, then what are they?

I have two neighbours, the one walks around with the high pitch voice thing going, saw the other in his nice blue tank top cutting the grass with short short short shorts. I knew a 3rd guy who was a accuantice, spoke a few times and man he hated women. I know little off track. Kinda curious lol.

For about two years I worked in a cafe in Sydney's bohemian area. Of the employees while I was there, there were, including me, 3 gay chefs, 2 straight (male) chefs, 4 lesbian barristas, 1 straight barrista, 3 lesbian waitresses, 2 straight waitresses and 1 gay waiter. Nothing gives you insight quite like being in a minority :blink: Also, I had a couple pf gay friends from school. One was reasonably effeminate and, ours being an Anglican school, he was ostracised mercilessly by people two grades above and below him as long as I was there. This led him to deny it. When he finally did confide in someone, they blabbed and it got even worse, which led to another round of denials. In the end, he told me he'd first realised when some boys from the school had been going to bash him up at recess in year 7 for being gay, but one of the popular guys had stepped in and stopped them - he'd ended up with a crush on his rescuer for most of school, and had never told a soul. The other guy, by contrast, went to an all boy's school and was famous as the resident, flamboyant gay guy, who was brave enough to wear makeup to school and popular enough to get away with it. *shrugs* Moral is, I hesitate to put anyone in a box.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  583
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

secondeve,

I have seen you vehemently defend the gay/lesbian community in numerous posts.

If you don't mind me asking...are you a lesbian?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

secondeve,

I have seen you vehemently defend the gay/lesbian community in numerous posts.

If you don't mind me asking...are you a lesbian?

I can't imagine that question being relevant. I can assure you that one need not be gay to defend the concept that sexual orientation is an inborn thing.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  961
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I find it interesting that some people spend all their time and effort trying to prove that homosexuality is an acceptable lifestyle. There is no grey area in the Bible about this topic. It is clearly a sin and called an abomination.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I am of the mind that once a person "gives over" into that perverse mindset of homosexuality, then there is a "giving over" into the demonic. When that happens, certain changes can certainly occur in the brain, and can be detected chemically or otherwise, but it is all the result of satanic control and tampering.

This all the tests in the world may show a difference in the brain, but it occurs AFTER the release of one's control to the evil, not before.