• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Hello, FC.

Lemme tell you that I understand what you are going through. I came to the Lord just 6 short years ago. Before that, I had nothing to do with churches or anything related to them.

I didn't live the way their members did, or hold the same values. To me, going to church after salvation was pure culture shock. To tell you the truth, I'm still a little wary of churches in general, but it's my own fault, really.

Churches are filled with people. That much right there should let you know that none of them are going to be perfect. Because they consist of people, churches are subject to mankind's failings.

There's not much we can do about it- it's simply just that way.

However, churches are also under the supervision of God, as well. Christ, being the head of the church, must remain at the forefront of all it's activities and leanings. When mankind strays, it must allow for the correction of Christ, or it's in for some hard times.

Why these people from your church would say things like that to you is beyond me. Perhaps they were trying the ol' tough love angle or method for which they thought the situation might merit?

Jud 1:22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:

Jud 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Regardless, I will have to say that yes, finding a good church is crucial for the development of our walk and blessings in Christ Jesus. There are many which do not merit the Name of Christ, but there are many more which strive to do His will.

Shake the dust of past hurt and give it up to God, who will see you through and help you on your way.

Peace,

t.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Psalm 63:1-2:

"O God, you are my God,

earnestly I seek you;

my soul thirsts for you,

my body longs for you,

in a dry and weary land

where there is no water.

I have seen you in the sanctuary

and beheld your power and your glory."

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

It is true that it is difficult to decide which church to go to, especially since there are so many(40,000 denominations +) to choose from nowadays, and most teach differing doctrines to one another.

This situation was baffling for me as a Christian. I can't imagine how it looks from the outside to a non christian who may be interested in the faith.

I had to go to scripture and to church history to see what the church taught in the first through the 15th centuries.

Then i made up my mind and am at home in the Church.

Good for you, Papist! :taped:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  636
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

It is true that it is difficult to decide which church to go to, especially since there are so many(40,000 denominations +) to choose from nowadays, and most teach differing doctrines to one another.

Protestantism is so much more credible than the Roman version. 40 000 times more?

I had to go to scripture and to church history to see what the church taught in the first through the 15th centuries.

This is what Scripture says about 'church' history:

'"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them."' Matt 7:15-16 NIV

'"I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them. So be on your guard!"' Acts 20:29-31 NIV

'"There will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  314
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Church is not for those who do not want it, and is for those that do. So therefore church is not for everyone.

If the Church is the body of Christ of which HE is the HEAD, are you saying that the Head doesnt need the body....?????

If Jesus is the groom and the Church is his bride, are you saying that the groom doesnt need the bride....???

How can you be married if youre nowhere....? and with noone...??

Regards,

ben.

No redeemed....*sigh* howcome I can`t just say something simple? Why must I always elaborate everything?! people have there walls up way to much around here.

What I meant by

Church is not for those who do not want it, and is for those that do. So therefore church is not for everyone.

Is the same thing if I said I don't like rock music it's just not for me I mean yes church IS for everyone but people that don't like church, don't want church, or are against the church use this figure of speech. I mean church doesn't SUITE everyone/ My argument sir is that regardless of who the church is actually for, there are people that don't want it, they feel church is not for them, so therefore church is not for everyone that doesn't want it, and is for those that do. It's really quite a simple thing.

Guest charlye

Oh, FC, what do you mean ending it all? You don't mean suicide, do you? :24:

Yes

Hey, luv, you know who's putting these thoughts in your head, don't you. That's the first step.

Know your enemy.

As far as that church, I would shake the dust off my feet and never go there again. If you are a born again believer, the Bible tells us that we are to fellowship with other children of God. That's the reason we go to church. But you do not have to put up with the likes of those people.

There are a lot of churches out there, and I know that God will lead you in your search. It may take some time, going to different ones until you find the right one. But don't give up! Please!!

God loves you so much and He knows what you're going through. Trust Him! :24:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/11/1964

Oh, FC, what do you mean ending it all? You don't mean suicide, do you? :24:

Yes

Hey, luv, you know who's putting these thoughts in your head, don't you. That's the first step.

Know your enemy.

As far as that church, I would shake the dust off my feet and never go there again. If you are a born again believer, the Bible tells us that we are to fellowship with other children of God. That's the reason we go to church. But you do not have to put up with the likes of those people.

There are a lot of churches out there, and I know that God will lead you in your search. It may take some time, going to different ones until you find the right one. But don't give up! Please!!

God loves you so much and He knows what you're going through. Trust Him! :cool:

That's right.

I'm sure many of us have been hurt by the church. When my first husband hit me, no one at church belived he would do such a thing! My whole support network disappeared into the walls. That was a worse dagger in my heart than anything the hubby did...

Christians are the worst Christians...

But that's what's wrong with people -- us, not God.

I think we need to realize two things. First, what does the Bible say about fellowshipping together? (These aren't exhaustive.)

Psalm 133

1 How good and pleasant it is

when brothers live together in unity!

2 It is like precious oil poured on the head,

down on the beard,

running down on Aaron's beard,

down upon the collar of his robes.

3 It is as if the dew of Hermon

were falling on Mount Zion.

For there the LORD bestows his blessing,

even life forevermore.

John 13:34

34 A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

Acts 4:32

32 All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had.

Philippians 2:1

1 If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion...

And 1 John 3 continues in this vain, and commands that no one lead you astray. Apparently fellowship with believers is not only commanded, but it's understood to be the right thing.

Second, we need to think about what we become and how we are influenced by certain situations. When I lived with college students, I acted (to some extent!) like a college student. When I was without a church family, I prayed less and read the Bible far less. Now that I'm in a loving Christian family of believers, I am encouraged and kept accountable in my prayer and spiritual life. It's a GREAT relief knowing I'm in the company of like-minded followers of Jesus.

Would I say it's a sin to not go to church? Absolutely not. Remember also that "fellowship" doesn't have to occur in a church building. I have fellowship with some friends in our home after potlucks! "When two or more are gatherd together, I will be there," Jesus said. "There" doesn't need a steeple or a copy of the Torah... It needs Jesus and those who follow Him completely. I find that for myself, I do better in a committed relationship with Him when I'm part of a "church."

Please take care of yourself and your family who needs you. Go church hopping and try to find a group that is challenging, welcoming, transparent and grateful. I'm praying for you. Keep us posted!

Love in Christ,

~~Lisa :24:

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  489
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  02/12/1964

If the Church is the body of Christ of which HE is the HEAD, are you saying that the Head doesnt need the body....?????

If Jesus is the groom and the Church is his bride, are you saying that the groom doesnt need the bride....???

How can you be married if youre nowhere....? and with noone...??

Regards,

ben.

No redeemed....*sigh* howcome I can`t just say something simple? Why must I always elaborate everything?! people have there walls up way to much around here.

What I meant by

Is the same thing if I said I don't like rock music it's just not for me I mean yes church IS for everyone but people that don't like church, don't want church, or are against the church use this figure of speech. I mean church doesn't SUITE everyone/ My argument sir is that regardless of who the church is actually for, there are people that don't want it, they feel church is not for them, so therefore church is not for everyone that doesn't want it, and is for those that do. It's really quite a simple thing.

Sorry. :emot-highfive::thumbsup::24::24:

Regards,

Ben.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  454
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/19/1985

i agree church isn't for everyone.....but I at least come here and go to the chat and listen to the admins and moderators....Not exactly in a church with a steeple and listening to people talk about what new clothes they got or how well off their family is with money. :king:

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

i agree church isn't for everyone.....but I at least come here and go to the chat and listen to the admins and moderators....Not exactly in a church with a steeple and listening to people talk about what new clothes they got or how well off their family is with money. :king:

Wow, if those are the only kinds of churches you've been to, you need to visit a real church, not a dead one. :cool: