• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

Anne!!! :P

I may be no expert, but from what I have seen of you on these boards, you definatly come across as a born again Christian. And I am quite certain that you are saved!

You love Jesus, you asked Him into your heart, and you are washed clean by His blood as you said. That to me is EXACTLY what you need to do to be saved!

Everyone sins, it's just a fact of life. I know some people that barely ever sin that others can see, in fact after knowing them for 5 years, I couldn't point out a sin. But they still do. These people have told me themselves that they are sinful, either when they arn't being watched or in their minds. If sinning was grounds for us losing our salvation, then nobody would be saved.

I hope that God will take away your heavy heart Anne!

God Bless!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Qinael, I believe that is his username, made a statement along the lines of "A Christian does not sin. That he/she is incapable of sin."

Qinael is wrong. Some years ago, my wife hosted weekly Bible Studies in our home with the women she worked with. One of the women brought her mother-in-law one week to "teach" the study. The guest teacher, before she evan began, expressed her displeasure that food was served while she was teaching. She told the women that was rude and that it took away from her teaching. Then, as she got into the study, the other ladies began questioning her, especially when she proclaimed herself to be without sin. Long story short... about half way through the study, she stormed out of our home saying that she was wasting her time casting pearls before swine. Funny thing? Pride and bad temper are sources of sin. :emot-hug:

I am a Christian, I asked Jesus into my heart, I am washed in the blood of the Lamb, but there are things that I fight against every day, some have been easily conquered others no so. And to say that I can go through a single day without a single bad thought, without slipping or losing my balance a little, well I would be lieing. Yet I love Jesus very much, but because I sometimes go wrong, in view of what Qinael said, does that mean I am not saved?

Join the club. We're in good company Anne. Read Romans chapter 7 where brother Paul talks about his struggles with sin. Yes, we ALL struggle with sin and we will as long as we live in our corrupted flesh in a corrupted world.

So what's up here? Qinael along with some others confuse salvation with sanctification. Salvation occurs the instant you answer Jesus when He knocks at the door of your heart; sanctification begins at that instant and is a process, which is best described in 2 Corinthians 3:16-18, which says: "But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."

See it Anne? We are being transformed and more importantly... it is ALL God's workmanship in us. We are free from the penalty of sin and ONLY because of HIM. The more we turn to HIM and turn away from the world, the less we seek to satisfy our flesh and the more we seek to satisfy our spirit.

Anyway, I found myself leaving with a very heavy heart, and would appreciate some scriptural advice.

Be wary of what you read. Rather seek God's Word through prayer and Scripture.

May the Lord Bless you richly,

Wayne

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Anne ..read Romans 8 ...

I think it will really bless you..

We are all waiting...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Hey everyone,

I was also in the room when the discussion started.. and I think this is the verse that was used...

1Jo 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

I am not trying to take over this thread, but what does this verse really mean considering that as Christians we still sin... not perfect, just forgiven.... So who is this verse really talking to or what does it mean? I think if we can find the answer to this, we can solve this particular problem...

Does anybody know?

Crystal

The one who abides in Christ doesn't live in sin. The one who doesn't abide, who is an unbeliever, lives to sin. We have a new nature in Christ and are now free from that sin nature.

Blessings, kittylover!

1Jo 3:2 Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.

1Jo 3:3 And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure.

1Jo 3:4 Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness.

1Jo 3:5 You know that he appeared to take away sins, and in him there is no sin.

1Jo 3:6 No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him.

1Jo 3:7 Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous.

ESV

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Thanks guys,

I don't know why it bothered me so much, I knew inside me that what he was saying was wrong, even impossible, I just didn't have the Bible knowledge to wrap around my heart.

Now clearly reading my Bible, I know he is so far wrong:-

James 1 v 2,3

My brethern, count it all Joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

Knowning this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience

I was even reading that last night before I came on Worthy, and for the life of me, I don't know why I didn't remember it.

I have come to the conclusion that sometimes God allows your heart to be broken, just so He can put it back together again, only better.

Thank you

PS Do you think it would be wrong to hit him the next time he comes in :24:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Yes, but you could stick your foot out and trip him! :24:

:24:

Rom 12:18 If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.

Rom 12:19 Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord."

Rom 12:20 To the contrary, "if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head."

Rom 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. :24:

• Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

Yall are not right :24:

Well Anne, Praise the Lord he showed these verses to you :24: The thing is that now that you have these verses, if anyone comes up to you again with this same thing, then you can show them those verses. In fact, I memorized those verses about 7 years ago, think about them often, but didtn' once place then with this subject... Thank you so much :24: Even James said that we still sin :24: Thank you for sharing :24:

Crystal

*whispers* Remember.. we do need to be loving and kind. Besdies, just think, there are people that believe that you can never sin after after accepting Christ. We need to be loving and kind and always be ready with the truth.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Someone should have told Paul then:

This [is] a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 1 Timothy 1:15

Just to quell anyone saying, "context says this was meant for his past"....the part "of whom I am chief", in it's Greek construction reads:

on protos eimi ego

That's in a present contstructive...Paul was refering to his present stature.

So yeah....if Christian's aren't suppose to sin, then Paul went to hell.