Guest jojo412

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  474
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I see what you mean. Jesus also told the Pharisees he would tear this temple down and restore it in 3 days. They had no way of knowing he was talking about his body and that he would be raised from the dead. I have often wondered what exactly is meant by the seven day creation myself.

I know you know this but our bodies are temples and I agree that how could the Pharisees know what he meant. Was it a literal temple made of stone? And how could he possibly restore a temple of stone in three days. I think if he tried to explain to them that he was about to suffer and die on the cross and that he would be buried in the tomb but three days later he would be rising from the dead they wouldn't have understood anyway. But Jesus also spoke in parables and told stories that have significance for us even to this day as to how we should act as Christians.

And as I explained to jojo, If God said He created in seven days then I believe it. If you think about it He is all powerful. He is God. He is our Creator, the highest power there is. It is mind bogling if you really think about His work and creating us also in His image. How grateful to have been born so that I can make the choice to give Him my life and surrender to His will.

I am also fascinated with the return of the Lord. And there is a passage that says to Him a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years can be like a day. These are the mysteries that one day we will come to know and understand. I get too confused if I get to literal with the bible but I know in my heart and soul it to be true because of the gift of faith and the wisdom of the Holy Spirit that will sometimes bestow upon me. Be joyful :)

I agree that God can create heavens and earth even just a blink of an eye. The main point in here is does Moises mean "day" mentioned in accounts of creation is like what we are thingking 1 day = 24 hours???? We must based our understanding to what it is written....

According to Gen 1:15-19

Gen 1:15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

Gen 1:17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

Gen 1:18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

Gen 1:19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

It clearly mentioned that 24 hours just started on the fourth day when God created the Moon and the Sun

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest loveroftruth

I see what you mean. Jesus also told the Pharisees he would tear this temple down and restore it in 3 days. They had no way of knowing he was talking about his body and that he would be raised from the dead. I have often wondered what exactly is meant by the seven day creation myself.

I know you know this but our bodies are temples and I agree that how could the Pharisees know what he meant. Was it a literal temple made of stone? And how could he possibly restore a temple of stone in three days. I think if he tried to explain to them that he was about to suffer and die on the cross and that he would be buried in the tomb but three days later he would be rising from the dead they wouldn't have understood anyway. But Jesus also spoke in parables and told stories that have significance for us even to this day as to how we should act as Christians.

And as I explained to jojo, If God said He created in seven days then I believe it. If you think about it He is all powerful. He is God. He is our Creator, the highest power there is. It is mind bogling if you really think about His work and creating us also in His image. How grateful to have been born so that I can make the choice to give Him my life and surrender to His will.

I am also fascinated with the return of the Lord. And there is a passage that says to Him a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years can be like a day. These are the mysteries that one day we will come to know and understand. I get too confused if I get to literal with the bible but I know in my heart and soul it to be true because of the gift of faith and the wisdom of the Holy Spirit that will sometimes bestow upon me. Be joyful :thumbsup:

I agree that God can create heavens and earth even just a blink of an eye. The main point in here is does Moises mean "day" mentioned in accounts of creation is like what we are thingking 1 day = 24 hours???? We must based our understanding to what it is written....

According to Gen 1:15-19

Gen 1:15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

Gen 1:17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

Gen 1:18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

Gen 1:19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

It clearly mentioned that 24 hours just started on the fourth day when God created the Moon and the Sun

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  474
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

There were no luminaries before the fourth creative day, and there will be no need for them in the new heaven and earth. I think it expresses God's power to have light shining without the luminaries He created in the Genesis account. I thought it was of interest to point out that there is illumination from God without the sun and there will no longer be any night and that this will be witnessed in the new heavens and new earth.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

I believe that when God says 6 days, it means 6 days. I think that God really did create the whole thing in 6 days.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

I believe that when God says 6 days, it means 6 days. I think that God really did create the whole thing in 6 days.

What is one day's difference in the whole scheme of things. He created the world, the universe and he made us in His image. He gave us free will and I am (again as I have said many times before ) so grateful that I have made the choice to believe and His assurance of my salvation gives me peace in a world where there is war and so much ugliness.

:wub::taped:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

CJ -

I'm with you. Reading Genesis 1 as a prophetic account of Creation rather than a scientific account opens a whole new door of meaning to the passage.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to know what everyone thought about the 7 day creation thing. Personally I don't really believe the universe was created in seven literal days. The creation seems to be written in a poetic style instead of a literal narrative style like the gospels. Not really important to salvation but a fun topic to discuss anyhow. So, what's everyone else think?

My veiw of the topic can be found here....

I think the proper understanding of genesis is very important to understanding the rest of the bible.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  02/08/1966

Well it says 7 days, I have to believe it was seven days. Besides does it really matter? The creation happened..that is really the importance, not the length of time a day is or even a year, or a thousand years for that matter. :o

• Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

Well it says 7 days, I have to believe it was seven days. Besides does it really matter? The creation happened..that is really the importance, not the length of time a day is or even a year, or a thousand years for that matter. :21:

(((((((((((Lori))))))))))))) I have been saying that all along and someone finally agrees with me! :o:wub:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hi hr.jr,

It was the first day, the form, gravity (well gravity to a certain extent had to hold together the elements that made up the form) and the rotation of the earth upon its axis, took place all in the first day...so if the planet was rotating, which it was, it would see both night and day because God did say..."Let there be light" and it was so.

So how did God divide the day from the night? by creating gravity and the law of conservation of angular momentum.

Not a theological problem at all.

:wub:

Without the gravity of the Sun to influence the Earth? :o

That really is screwing up the laws of physics.