rich101

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

Does any believe that the Roman Catholic System is The Great Whore of Rev 17?

These men thought so Martin Luther 1483-1546 (Lutheran) Thomas Cranmer 1489-1556 (Anglican) John Knox 1505-1572 (Scotch Presbyterian) John Calvin 1509-1564 (Presbyterian) Roger Williams 1603-1683 (First Baptist Pastor in America

John Cotton Mather 1663-1728 (Congregational " The oralcles of God foretold the rising of an antichrist and in the Pope of Rome, all the Characteristics of that antichrist are so marvellously answered that if any who read Scripture do not see it, there is a marvellous blidness upon them."The Prophetic Faith of Our Fathers Vol 3 p113 Chick Publication WWW.Chick.com

Hi Rich,

Welcome to WB. :)

Thanks for asking.

No, the RCC is most defintely not the "whore".

How can I be sure?

I have been a Roman Catholic for 48 years. I've attended Mass at churches all over the U.S. I've probably been to at least 2,000 services in my life. I've read the Catechism of the Catholic Church and much of the Vatican II documents. I've also read portions of many papal encyclicals.

If there were anything funny going on, I would have picked up on it. :24:

What happens behind those RC church doors????

Jesus is praised, worshiped and adored!!!!!

Come see for yourself; we don't lock the doors.

And, twice a year --- as part of our Mass---we publicly, specifically and literally RENOUNCE Satan and all his works. Period.

Again.......welcome & thanks for asking.

Any other questions?

Peace,

Fiosh

:o

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  961
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I must say that this thread has been a pleasant surprise. When I started posting here last year, there were many people who would of said, yes the Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon. Now there doesn't seem to be any...yet. Fiosh is one of the Catholics on this board that has done a great job educating what the Catholic Church teaches. Protestants and Catholics are both Christians and have much more in common than not. :24:

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

I agree, Pax. The Church is be so much more effective in reaching the lost and dying of the world when we work together.

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,519
  • Content Per Day:  5.11
  • Days Won:  251
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

can anyone tell me why we need non believers to bash Christians? seems to me we do a good enough job of it ourselves. Just because someone has a different way of praying /praising God that is no reason to liken them to an immoral woman ( in defernce to cj ) :24:

• Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

okay... well... since the question has been possed.... Who is this "great uh.... W___"? (I'm sorry.. I just hate that word.. even though it's in the bible). I mean.... I can agree that it isnt the Catholic church although I can understand why around the time of the Protestant Reformation, the conclusion would have come to such.... however... *who* is this Great W__? :24:

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

I've heard 2 different theories:

1) It's the current world system of chasing money and sin, catering to the flesh, which is one of the ways the Beast will fool the world; that explains the Beast riding on it

2) It's a false religious system, very similar to New Age relativism, which will attempt to unite all faiths basically claiming that it doesn't matter what you believe, as long as you're tolerant of other's beliefs, also something we can already see now

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

okay... well... since the question has been possed.... Who is this "great uh.... W___"? (I'm sorry.. I just hate that word.. even though it's in the bible). I mean.... I can agree that it isnt the Catholic church although I can understand why around the time of the Protestant Reformation, the conclusion would have come to such.... however... *who* is this Great W__? :)

It's a system established by the antichrist. The entire purpose of the system is to promote him and his agenda...therefore it doesn't exist yet.

What I can tell you is it will center on man and that man is to overcome his situations...just like every other non-Christian beleif/philosophy.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

okay... well... since the question has been possed.... Who is this "great uh.... W___"? (I'm sorry.. I just hate that word.. even though it's in the bible). I mean.... I can agree that it isnt the Catholic church although I can understand why around the time of the Protestant Reformation, the conclusion would have come to such.... however... *who* is this Great W__? :21:

It's a system established by the antichrist. The entire purpose of the system is to promote him and his agenda...therefore it doesn't exist yet.

What I can tell you is it will center on man and that man is to overcome his situations...just like every other non-Christian beleif/philosophy.

KJV 2 Thessalonians 2:7

7. For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

KJV 1 John 4:3

3. And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

martin luther especially not: he didn't set out to form a new church, he wanted to reform his own.

Very true, Georgesbluegirl!!!! He didn't intend upon starting a new orginization, but changing the RCC from within!

Makes you wonder where the Luthern's come from?

Jack Chick is no authority to consult on matters such this. Suffice it to say that this interpretation of the woman in Revelation has been around for centuries.

What about an ex Jesuit priest by the name of Alberto Rivera hes the person that supplied Jack Publication