cjrose

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

So God can't heal someone if they're watching the 700 Club? Nice way to limit God! :thumbsup:

That's not the issue. The issue is Robertson, not God.

sw

You made it an issue with God when you said that you respected healing as long as they didn't say it came from the 700 Club. In effect, you are saying God can't use a man that you've never even met personally to know how he is!

What I said was that Robertson makes general and vague claims about his involvement in healing. The prophecies and healings appear true to the gullible because they see themselves in Robertson's vague prayers. Probably several people thought they were the one Robertson was praying for because their rash went away.

sw

So now I am gullible? Again I have to challenge your faith. It sure seems as if you are attacking me and have been placing doubt since the beginning of what was a "good feeling" post meant to be uplifting to others. There is always somone who'd got to knock it.

That's pure spin. Your original post invited opinions about Robertson and his show. What you should have said was only respond if you agree with Robertson's act. Stop trying to paint me as some type of interloper. You invited me. Now you don't like my opinion and want to make accusations as if I am attacking people just because I offered my opinion, which you invited. If your post was only meant to be "uplifting to others" then why put it in general discussion and invite views? My, how self-righteous we can be. Perhaps Pat can heal that too.

sw

Yes, my original post invited opinions on Pat Robertson and his show. My intent was to share my joy of the experience I had when I did watch it. Now you are accusing me of being self righteous as well as gulible. Let me clarify something. I had watched Pats show before and felt the Holy Spirit move me and touch me and his "vague" prayers as you call them did not pertain to me during that time nor since. It had been a while since I had watched the show and God led me to that station at that time and when they were praying it was a vague prayer about a rash, they stated specifically that had started on my legs and spread but not to worry. How much more of a message could I get from God than that. If I mislead you I apoplogize but you seem intent on stealing the thunder and putting your own spin on this thread. I have ask myself why. And I guess when I wrote the original post I hardly expected your words to be so cutting and to me they are harsh.

Poor baby. Well, at least I didn't accuse you of being an unbeliever as you did me.

sw

From reading St Worm's posts, he appears to be the type who would try to talk Naaman out of his healing. He would be claiming that theologically, God wouldn't use water to heal and that he likely never had leprosy to begin with, that it was just a misdiagnosed skin ailment and that it cleared up on its own. Either that, or he would claim it was a magician's trick. He would then link Elisha to the false prophets of his day.

I agree with you Nebula. It is amazing how a thread starting out as a testimony of God's healing power has become one of trying to undo a miracle in order to uphold false doctrine. I believe God is the same yesterday, today and forever, and a religion that limits God like the one St. Worm holds to is one I want no part of.

Boy, you charismatics are a harsh group. Any disagreement and you accuse me of being an unbeliever and worshipping a different God. I especially dislike the way you butero attack like a pit bull and then play innocent. During the course of this thread I have been accused of being an unbeliever by at least two posters. You are more charitable towards out and out heretics like Benny Hinn than you are me. Sad.

sw

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

We all need to turn off the t.v., nothing good comes of it. Indeed God is the same yesterday and today and forever, and I doubt has very little to do with commercials, money and televangalists. Healing happens my friends, but not over the boob toob, it happens by the hand of God Himself, without the need for ANY intercessor who then asks for some or any sort of credit and a donation. I am happy and joyous that Christ healed this rash, praise God. Healing is not done through human beings, only Christ can heal. If healing is to happen, you should not need to funnel prayers through somebody on t.v., or anybody for that matter, that is not biblical, pray to Christ alone for healing.

okay.. one more thing.. my little *2 cent's worth*

Ya'll keep saying that is amazing how St Worm can come on here and bash around somebody when this thread was meant for praise...

I seem to remember : "Just wondered what some of your thoughts were on Pat and his show?"

Wether that was meant for a wonderful testimony or not, it was inviting opinions... Ya'll need to get off St Worm's case... He did nothing but(as first) nicely and respectfully put in his opinion of the 700 club and "Pat" ... that is all he did.. then people started questioning whether he was a believer because he disagreed, and then started attacking him because of his beliefs.... that just isn't right... He never attacked any of your beliefs, but merely RESPECTFULLY said how he felt...

Why dont we try to be the loving Christians that we are always saying that every one on the boards should be :emot-hug:

Talk to ya'll later,

Crystal

oh yeah, "glad to find" that I am the only one with this opinion of St Worm... sheesh...

You have summed it up correctly. I was invited to give my opinion and after I did the charismatic attack dogs came out as if on cue. I especially like their self righteous indignation.

sw

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

I've heard Pat a few times go in the "stead of Christ" and told them that they are healed... that irritates me so much...

• Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

I saw this coming when this thread was posted..... :emot-hug:

My thoughts on Pat Robertson, He has done much more work for the Lord than most of us will ever do.

hr jr. is really Pat's son!

:emot-hug:

No, but it would be nice to be in his will.

Although I'm sure Pat is really in the dough, I would rather be in Benny Hinn's will I think.

sw

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Well, anyone who does point a finger at God's anointed is acursed. God will take care of it. In the meantime, everyone---it's faith that brings the healing.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

From reading St Worm's posts, he appears to be the type who would try to talk Naaman out of his healing. He would be claiming that theologically, God wouldn't use water to heal and that he likely never had leprosy to begin with, that it was just a misdiagnosed skin ailment and that it cleared up on its own. Either that, or he would claim it was a magician's trick. He would then link Elisha to the false prophets of his day.

I agree with you Nebula. It is amazing how a thread starting out as a testimony of God's healing power has become one of trying to undo a miracle in order to uphold false doctrine. I believe God is the same yesterday, today and forever, and a religion that limits God like the one St. Worm holds to is one I want no part of.

Boy, you charismatics are a harsh group. Any disagreement and you accuse me of being an unbeliever and worshipping a different God. I especially dislike the way you butero attack like a pit bull and then play innocent. During the course of this thread I have been accused of being an unbeliever by at least two posters. You are more charitable towards out and out heretics like Benny Hinn than you are me. Sad.

sw

Us charismatics? Are you now setting yourself apart from us and on a pedastol of some kind because that is the message I have gotten from your post. Butero has spoken with intellect and wisdom and from his heart and has been honest. Playing innocent. How can anyone take you seriously now with these accusations? As far as Benny Hinn, he is truly after money. The 700 club asks for donations to keep their show on the air so we can all benefit. And Pat doesn't claim to be the healer but gives all the glory to God.

sw

Us charismatics? Are you now setting yourself apart from us and on a pedastol of some kind because that is the message I have gotten from your post. Butero has spoken with intellect and wisdom and from his heart and has been honest. Playing innocent. How can anyone take you seriously now with these accusations? As far as Benny Hinn, he is truly after money. The 700 club asks for donations to keep their show on the air so we can all benefit. And Pat doesn't claim to be the healer but gives all the glory to God.

Please stop playing the innocent one. You accused me of being an unbeliever so you are the one setting people apart.

sw