• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  636
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Sounds "authorized" to me?

But not authorised, as claimed. Unlike Henry VIII's Great Bible, there is no authorisation on official record for the 'KJ' anywhere, from Crown, English or Scottish Parliament, at any time. (The 'appointed to be read' notice printed in copies is one invented by the printer!) Even if the translation was officially authorised, it would be so only in England and Wales. As the USA is arguably now owing vast back taxes to the UK, and as the pioneers of the USA were often escaping from King James so that they could read their Geneva Bibles in peace, it seems very hypocritical of Americans to talk of authorisation anyway.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  454
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/19/1985

pointer if your like me time is precious. I can't just sit around and learn another language....I'm trying to be a nurse and that takes alot of work. I've had to force myself to make time for other things.

pointer if your like me time is precious. I can't just sit around and learn another language.

You don't need to, as I have twice explained already. I presume you have a computer, and you already spend time in Bible study. All you need besides is a few dollars and perhaps just a little of the time you spend on the 'net. Not very much money, not very much time.

I'm trying to be a nurse and that takes alot of work. I've had to force myself to make time for other things.

What other thing is more important than discovering God's Word to you? There are many busy medical workers who study Scripture in original languages, and there have been for many, many years; though I agree, passing those exams. is a priority at present.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  583
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

So we have it on record that an anonymous poster going under the nick of 'Christian' says he/she thinks that the 'KJ'V is 'our' most accurate translation of Scripture. We do not know whether this person is a Christian or an opposer of Christianity.
What the hell is this supposed to mean? I am as "annonymous" as you are here "pointer" and how dare you stand in judgement of my Christianity. Frankly, your pious sarcasm is insulting.

However, no mature Christian would make such a comment as that without good reason given, and the use of the word 'our' is another indicator of low standards of safeguarding.
Again, you need to come down off your throne. Insulting someone by accusing them of having "low standards" is arrogant and immature, and I'm sure many "mature" Christians would disagree with you

So we have it on record that an anonymous poster going under the nick of 'Christian' says he/she thinks that the 'KJ'V is 'our' most accurate translation of Scripture. We do not know whether this person is a Christian or an opposer of Christianity.
What the hell is this supposed to mean?

What it says, poster. Who are you to say what is accurate? Is your personal holiness well known to other posters here? Do you know the first thing about original languages? Nobody knows. Or do they?

There are very many KJVOers who claim that the KJV is God's Word, but do not know a thing about Hebrew or Greek, and must be either foolish or lying. So show here that you can support your allegation that the KJV is the 'most accurate translation of Scripture'. If you don't attempt it, will people not suspect that you are less than straightforward? Surely it is in your interests to do so. There is not a single word of Greek or Hebrew in this thread, which is farcical, in the circumstances.

'Test everything,' Christians are commanded. If a person is not prepared and indeed eager to be tested, how can he be a Christian?

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  583
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

poster,

1Corinthians 4:3,4

3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.

4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.

Stir up all the controversy here you wish brother, I have no need for it, or your arrogance

2 Timothy 2:24,25

24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

My standing with the Lord and my blessing is intact.

Good bye

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

Regarding the OP

I will state for the record that I believe that the KJV is our most accurate translation of Scripture.

So we have it on record that an anonymous poster going under the nick of 'Christian' says he/she thinks that the 'KJ'V is 'our' most accurate translation of Scripture. We do not know whether this person is a Christian or an opposer of Christianity. However, no mature Christian would make such a comment as that without good reason given, and the use of the word 'our' is another indicator of low standards of safeguarding.

Those things in themselves do not mean that the 'KJ'V is not the best translation. However, the many occasions on which this claim is made anonymously, without evidence indicates quite strongly that the 'KJ'V may well be anything but a good translation.

You attempt to prove too much from the screen name of another poster and the absence of a scholarly tirade. We all understand that you think that we have the time to study the original languages and that we should do so and invest a great deal of time worrying about which text was what...but it makes little difference when it's followed up by attacks on a poster's screen name. That's nonsense and I think you know it.

My standing with the Lord and my blessing is intact.

Anyone can write that, anyone can quote the Bible. If you could prove it, you would perhaps have an argument.

What is completely absent from this thread is a proper answer to the OP from any KJV user. All we have is empty claims, which could therefore all be lies.

'What bible do you read and why do you read this particular bible?'

Can anyone tell us why the 'King James' is closest to the Greek and Hebrew? Or is this notion just a cultic myth?

pointer,

i find your responses to the OP to be very unChrist-like... i'm offended, so no wonder that he is, as well! the OP said he BELIEVES that the KJV is the most accurate translation. he didn't say the rest of us have to believe it. nor should he have to "prove" his christianity is intact to YOU. God knows the state of his heart.... it's not your place to judge him. what's got you so riled up?

correcting myself and apologizing for confusing christian with the OP.

your responses to christian are reprehensible. maybe i missed something in the pages (2-12) that i didn't read, but i'm having a hard time understanding your attitude towards him.