John Lennon

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  152
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

You've heard the phrase 'God is Love" In looking at it from a universal standpoint; I think the concepts are very much the same. Whatever name you want to call it or religion you follow.

Here we go again with the voodoo = Islam = Christianity = Taoism argument.

Isn't it obvious this is just not true?

When man gives into hate-we call it Satan-But in the end, I think the 'evil' or 'good' is within us.

While that may "sound" appealing, history itself ought to be enough to show you that its just wrong.

"good" is not within us, unless we have Jesus, and even then it isn't of ourselves.

[/qoute/That's YOUR we're born condemned belief; because all roads lead to Jesus-for YOU.

Edited by John Lennon

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And did I mention Voodoo? I think you have me confused with someone else!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

"I've made some extreme analogies regarding religions"

There are many religions and they are all man made. Jesus is not religion, He is the Truth that came to be flesh and died, and because of His blood we are saved... by surender, repentence, praise, prayer, loving one another, and we know this to be the truth by His gifts of the Holy Spirit which you will not know unless you accept Him. The gift of faith, we walk by faith,not by sight.

Religions are MAN MADE, there are no alalagies.

"I've made some extreme analogies regarding religions"

There are many religions and they are all man made. Jesus is not religion, He is the Truth that came to be flesh and died, and because of His blood we are saved... by surender, repentence, praise, prayer, loving one another, and we know this to be the truth by His gifts of the Holy Spirit which you will not know unless you accept Him. The gift of faith, we walk by faith,not by sight.

Religions are MAN MADE, there are no alalagies.

Well, you're right that all our religions are manmade. Christianity is of course a religion, what else coud you call it? You think that undermines what Christianity means to all it's followers=because you feel that all those other 'Religions' equate to false teachings. Muslims call all other religions false and they feel just as much conviction as you. So you have a world of 'conflicting' religions breeding this kind of intolerance. Who's right?- who's wrong? It's just sad that the 'intolerant religions' cannot grasp the idea of freedom to worship should apply to all other faiths outside of their own. This notion of converting the world to one religion, or 'all those other pagans are going to hell' can do nothing but further divide people to say the least! September 11 is a tragic example of the road we are on. Edited by John Lennon

You've heard the phrase 'God is Love" In looking at it from a universal standpoint; I think the concepts are very much the same. Whatever name you want to call it or religion you follow.

Here we go again with the voodoo = Islam = Christianity = Taoism argument.

Isn't it obvious this is just not true?

When man gives into hate-we call it Satan-But in the end, I think the 'evil' or 'good' is within us.

While that may "sound" appealing, history itself ought to be enough to show you that its just wrong.

"good" is not within us, unless we have Jesus, and even then it isn't of ourselves.

[/qoute/That's YOUR we're born condemned belief; because all roads lead to Jesus-for YOU.

If all these religions would truly allow diversity and not be so judgemental of different faiths, and at the same time have the freedom to worship within their own cultures-coexistence could be a lot more attainable. We all have to allow other people of different faiths, race, sexual orientation and so on the same basic liberties if we are to live in a free world.

Guest drbelitz
If all these religions would truly allow diversity and not be so judgemental of different faiths, and at the same time have the freedom to worship within their own cultures-coexistence could be a lot more attainable. We all have to allow other people of different faiths, race, sexual orientation and so on the same basic liberties if we are to live in a free world.

we do.

any male can marry a female, as it always has been.

any asian can marry any black, white, indian, etc.... as it always has been in this country.

It is not outlawed.

what civl liberties do you speak of?

we all have the same rights.

we do.

any male can marry a female, as it always has been.

any asian can marry any black, white, indian, etc.... as it always has been in this country.

It is not outlawed.

what civl liberties do you speak of?

we all have the same rights.

I was speaking of religious tolerance on a global scale.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

I think its ironic that you preach where the freedoms of which you speak are largely available. Why not take your act to the Middle East and see how far you get telling the Islamists that they need to allow different faiths and relationships of those with different sexual orientation? That would really be putting your money where your mouth is. Of course that might be dangerous so you will continue to preach to us where you are safe.

sw