Matthitjah

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

Let me ask you amor, what do you think should be done, I mean really, not in some fantasy utopia, where everybody would be willing to hold hands and sing and bake cookies together. What is your answer to terrorist and the rest of the world?

What has been acheived by the invasion of Iraq, itself an act of terror (big bombs kill more people than little bombs, but more clinically) has it made the world safer? From my perspective it has alienated millions all over the world by no means all Muslims, and made Iraq and the world in general a more dangerous place.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What has been acheived by the invasion of Iraq, itself an act of terror (big bombs kill more people than little bombs, but more clinically) has it made the world safer? From my perspective it has alienated millions all over the world by no means all Muslims, and made Iraq and the world in general a more dangerous place.

What about the Kurds?

What about the Kurds?

A particularly bad example to pick as therKurdish region of Iraq was not under Saddam's control at the time of the invasion, and hadn't been since the war that followed the invasion of Kuwait. What about the Kurds in Turrkey they continue to suffer oppresion, but I've seen no desire here to see the USA to invade their regional all to assist them? And whatever the current US governments feeling on Iran and nuclear issues at the moment, I see no concern for the plight of Iranian Kurds

Let me ask you amor, what do you think should be done, I mean really, not in some fantasy utopia, where everybody would be willing to hold hands and sing and bake cookies together. What is your answer to terrorist and the rest of the world?

I totally dissagree with you. Big shock! What we achieved was the ouster of a ruthless dictator Sadaam Hussein and the instalation of a freely elected government. He was a danger to the region, and perhaps would have been a danger to the whole world if left in office, especially since he had already broken the cease fire agreement from the first gulf war. Had no action been taken, he would have become stronger in his defiance.

The world is safer because a large portion of the battle is taking place in Iraq, leading to the death of a large number of terrorists. We are also set up in a strategic location in the middle east, next to Iran and Syria, so we are in position in case military action is necessary in regard to one of those countries. From my perspective, I couldn't care less how the rest of the world views us. My only concern is the safety of Americans, and if that requires the overthrow of the whole middle east to achieve, so be it. I am not saying it will, but just hypothetically.

Oh I see you fancy a nice Middle Eastern American Empire. It'll go the same way as the British and French attempts to do the same in the region, and the US attempts to do something similar in South East Asia. The safety of Americans? Not for those who would come home in the body bags. As to the "terrorists" if you think invading Syria ant Iran won't lead to direct attacks on American targets, your very naive. All this will lead to is many more angry embittered and violent opponents.

Anyway, can you give a Christian explanation as to why you believe that the lives of us non-Yanks are somehow less precious than the lives of your fellow citizens. Do you think we are sub-human?

I totally dissagree with you. Big shock! What we achieved was the ouster of a ruthless dictator Sadaam Hussein and the instalation of a freely elected government. He was a danger to the region, and perhaps would have been a danger to the whole world if left in office, especially since he had already broken the cease fire agreement from the first gulf war. Had no action been taken, he would have become stronger in his defiance.

The world is safer because a large portion of the battle is taking place in Iraq, leading to the death of a large number of terrorists. We are also set up in a strategic location in the middle east, next to Iran and Syria, so we are in position in case military action is necessary in regard to one of those countries. From my perspective, I couldn't care less how the rest of the world views us. My only concern is the safety of Americans, and if that requires the overthrow of the whole middle east to achieve, so be it. I am not saying it will, but just hypothetically.

Oh I see you fancy a nice Middle Eastern American Empire. It'll go the same way as the British and French attempts to do the same in the region, and the US attempts to do something similar in South East Asia. The safety of Americans? Not for those who would come home in the body bags. As to the "terrorists" if you think invading Syria ant Iran won't lead to direct attacks on American targets, your very naive. All this will lead to is many more angry embittered and violent opponents.

Anyway, can you give a Christian explanation as to why you believe that the lives of us non-Yanks are somehow less precious than the lives of your fellow citizens. Do you think we are sub-human?

If the government would use nuclear weapons as I believe they should to defeat our enemies, we wouldn't have people coming back in body bags. We have the ability to end this thing rather quickly. As far as whose lives I consider the most precious, each nation is responsible to defend it's own people. All people of the world have the same value to God, but my main concern is for the people of the nation I live in.

I find your casual willingness to consider resorting to the murder of tens of thousands evil.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Perhaps Butero doesn't believe in spiritual warfare. Nuking the middle east does not mean nuking the bad guys. It's just eliminating those guys, whether good or bad. :24:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

And this answered my question.............how?????

And this answered my question.............how?????

My answer is that first "we" should stp resorting to terror to achieve political objectives. Secondly to work for peaceful solutions to those conflicts that fuel other incidents of state and non-state terrrorism.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

amor, believe it or not I'm not being sarcastic when I say this, I agree with you, BUT within reason. If the government is not willing to try to control its citizens then we should do everything in our power to force them to do so. I mean more of economic sanctions, not bullets although I don't count that out. However once again the ones that usually get hurt either way bombs/money are those that can't defend themselves because of poverty and lack of education.

You can't force governments that aid and abet their citizens in the performance of terrorism to be nice, by being nice.

????so whats the answer????

amor, believe it or not I'm not being sarcastic when I say this, I agree with you, BUT within reason. If the government is not willing to try to control its citizens then we should do everything in our power to force them to do so. I mean more of economic sanctions, not bullets although I don't count that out. However once again the ones that usually get hurt either way bombs/money are those that can't defend themselves because of poverty and lack of education.

You can't force governments that aid and abet their citizens in the performance of terrorism to be nice, by being nice.

????so whats the answer????

There isn't "An answer" because we are talking about a variety of different situations. In Palestine/Israel whatever other posters here think the "answer" is working towards the longterm establishment of an independent and economically viable Palestinian state alongside a secur Israel. Clearly that's not an easy task, it's one that needs major economic and diplomatic support from outside the region. As to Iraq that is a mess of America and Britain's making, I've no idea how that gets solved, but it won't be by those powers trying to dig their way out, again the solution will have to be international innvolvement, and also probably be expensive.