IGNORED

Jesus Only

Guest grandcannon

Guest grandcannon

There is a growing movement inside christianity to change to following the words of Jesus only. Some people feel like following other people's words, no matter who they were, as above or equal to christ is against his teachings. They quote John 14:6 where he says "I am the way, the truth, and the light. No one comes to the Father except through me." Some of them are anti-paul, some are not. There point is that Jesus is sufficient, and that he ordered to follow him to God and no one else. I would love hear people responses, both what they agree and disagree with. Some websites are:

*edit*

Please remember, I'm not asking for responses as to what the websites say, but the idea of the movement.

Thank you

Grandcannon

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/25/1978

The scriptures were inspired by God.....so irrespective if we are reading Paul, Matthew, John...etc these scriptures were inspired by God. So if one would read Matthew and then read John and decide to "follow" these scriptures you would be inherently be following Jesus. Look in the last days there will be false prophets and false doctrines that would try to direct us away from what is relevant and make us focus on what societ deems correct and comfortable. These men walked with Jesus and as a best friend and His disciples they would know His heart and they were let into Jesus's inner court so to speak so He no doubt allowed them to spiritual Gems that we may not ignore. The word of God is clear in that it says that no word may be removed or added to His word.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

I can't say that I've looked at these websites. But I will say those, who truely follow Christ are not out of balance. Because Jesus reveals to us Father God. We must pray to Father God, in the name of Jesus. Jesus is the one who reconciles us to the Father. The Father sent the son to die for our sins.

blessings

candi

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Jesus' words mean literally nothing if we ignore the broader context of scripture. Remove the Old Testament and we have no way to judge if He was the Messiah or not. Remove the Pauline epistles and we lose the theology of the cross from the one who was inspired.

Jesus' words are nill if it does not have a broader context...nothing more than the sayings of a religious guru.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

AK :)

candi

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I would check out the following verses:

Matthew 28:18-20

18 And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

Jesus commanded his disciples to teach in his name

Mark 6:7-13

7 And he called the twelve and began to send them out two by two, and gave them authority over the unclean spirits. 8 He charged them to take nothing for their journey except a staff - no bread, no bag, no money in their belts - 9 but to wear sandals and not put on two tunics. 10 And he said to them, "Whenever you enter a house, stay there until you depart from there. 11 And if any place will not receive you and they will not listen to you, when you leave, shake off the dust that is on your feet as a testimony against them." 12 So they went out and proclaimed that people should repent. 13 And they cast out many demons and anointed with oil many who were sick and healed them.

Jesus gave them authority and sent them out to teach even during his ministry

John 13:15

For I have given you an example, that you also should do just as I have done to you.

He commands them to do as he did because they have witnessed it, how could we follow his example since we can't witness it

John 14:4

And you know the way to where I am going.

Jesus doesn't say where he is going here but that the disciples knew. Yet he wants the rest of the world to know him. How are they supposed to know him without the apostles teaching

John 14:26

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

No one would know what Jesus said had it not been for the Holy Spirit coming down on these men. We know these men had the HS from Acts so they are validated to teach from experience through the Holy Spirit

Also the fact that their teaching was from God is validated by their ability to do miracles.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

There is a growing movement inside christianity to change to following the words of Jesus only. Some people feel like following other people's words, no matter who they were, as above or equal to christ is against his teachings. They quote John 14:6 where he says "I am the way, the truth, and the light. No one comes to the Father except through me." Some of them are anti-paul, some are not. There point is that Jesus is sufficient, and that he ordered to follow him to God and no one else. I would love hear people responses, both what they agree and disagree with. Some websites are:

*edit*

Please remember, I'm not asking for responses as to what the websites say, but the idea of the movement.

Thank you

Grandcannon

grandcannon,

I believe that those involved in the movement of these web sites can be compared to the Pharisees that just took things to extreme. In so doing they missed the point of the Sabbath by condemning Jesus for doing good works on those days.

This movement of

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

The Oneness Jesus

This cult is one of the most dangerous cults that there is because it masquerades itself as an Angel of light.

This cult denies the deity of Christ and believe in Modalism. To see a definition on modalism click here. Present day groups that hold to forms of this error are the United Pentecostal and United Apostolic Churches. They deny the Trinity, teach that the name of God is Jesus, and require baptism for salvation. T.D Jakes is of this. Oneness groups are decidedly Arminian in the doctrine of salvation. They deny predestination and maintain that it is completely up to the individual to decide whether or not he wants to be saved. They also teach that it is possible to lose one's salvation. Wesley would be turning in his grave.

Modalism is probably the most common theological error concerning the nature of God. It is a denial of the Trinity which states that God is a single person who, throughout biblical history, has revealed Himself in three modes, or forms. Thus, God is a single person who first manifested himself in the mode of the Father in Old Testament times. At the incarnation, the mode was the Son. After Jesus' ascension, the mode is the Holy Spirit. These modes are consecutive and never simultaneous. In other words, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit never all exist at the same time, only one after another. Modalism denies the distinctiveness of the three persons in the Trinity even though it retains the divinity of Christ.

Present day groups that hold to forms of this error are the United Pentecostal and United Apostolic Churches. They deny the Trinity, teach that the name of God is Jesus, and require baptism for salvation. These modalist churches often accuse Trinitarians of teaching three gods. This is not what the Trinity is. The correct teaching of the Trinity is one God in three eternal coexistent persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  197
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/02/1991

*edit*

Thank you

Grandcannon

I look at it like this

If god didnt like paul then paul wouldnt of stayed in the bible for hundreds of years