IGNORED

The Gospel

larryt

Can you give the Gospel in one sentence?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. The Gospel in one sentence is:

• God loves you.
    • Accept Jesus as your savior.
    • Jesus died to save sinners.
    • Christ was crucified and rose again.
    • Other.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

I picked other.

"The entire idea of the Gospel is God brought glory, is bringing glory, and will continue to bring glory to Himself in spit of man's attempts to rob Him of it."

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

in spit of man's attempts to rob Him of it."

I think you meant "Spite" :emot-heartbeat:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I thought Gospel meant Good News. :emot-heartbeat:

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Bump

Guest shiloh357

I don't think the gospel can or should be summed up in one sentence. "Gospel" means "good news." The good news is what Paul calls the "message of reconciliation" in 2Cor. 5. The good news is that God's through His son Jesus has reconciled the world unto Himself. His justice has been satisfied because, Jesus has borne the full weight of the Father's hatred and judgement of sin. Jesus has taken the full punishment for sin upon Himself, and now God is at peace with man.

This is what the angels said at Jesus' birth "Glory to God in the highest and on earth, Peace (Shalom) and goodwill toward men. Our feet are to be shod with the Gospel of Shalom. Shalom is a word that means complete and full restoration and reconciliation. It means wholeness. God is at Shalom with mankind.

The Gospel is that God is not holding anything against us. The punishment has already been meted out to Jesus, and God is not looking to punish man for Jesus already died for. God is not holding anything against anyone. God isn't made at the mankind, he is reaching out to man with His grace. His message is, "You can be forgiven, come to Jesus."

The Pslamist wrote, "Surely the goodness and mercy of the Lord shall follow me all the days of my life." The word for follow in Hebrew means to "pursue." God is not only not holding anything against anyone, He is "hot pursuit," chasing men down to get them saved. He is busy giving mankind every opportunity to be saved.

I have therefore, chosen "other" on the poll.

I don't think the gospel can or should be summed up in one sentence. "Gospel" means "good news." The good news is what Paul calls the "message of reconciliation" in 2Cor. 5. The good news is that God's through His son Jesus has reconciled the world unto Himself. His justice has been satisfied because, Jesus has borne the full weight of the Father's hatred and judgement of sin. Jesus has taken the full punishment for sin upon Himself, and now God is at peace with man.

This is what the angels said at Jesus' birth "Glory to God in the highest and on earth, Peace (Shalom) and goodwill toward men. Our feet are to be shod with the Gospel of Shalom. Shalom is a word that means complete and full restoration and reconciliation. It means wholeness. God is at Shalom with mankind.

The Gospel is that God is not holding anything against us. The punishment has already been meted out to Jesus, and God is not looking to punish man for Jesus already died for. God is not holding anything against anyone. God isn't made at the mankind, he is reaching out to man with His grace. His message is, "You can be forgiven, come to Jesus."

The Pslamist wrote, "Surely the goodness and mercy of the Lord shall follow me all the days of my life." The word for follow in Hebrew means to "pursue." God is not only not holding anything against anyone, He is "hot pursuit," chasing men down to get them saved. He is busy giving mankind every opportunity to be saved.

I have therefore, chosen "other" on the poll.

Hi shiloh,

Thank you for your response. If you wanted to you could have made one lllooooonnnngg sentence.

And thank you all for your responses. It is so very important to know what the "Gospel" is because of the warning Paul gives in

Ga 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

Ga 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Ga 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Again thank you for responding.

LT

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Gospel means "truth." I think the gospel that we are to tell others is this: Christ, being the holy Son of God, became the perfect sacrifice for all our sins and rose again in victory.

That still seems over-simplified to me, but hey....you wanted one sentence.

If you were shopping for a car and the salesman you were talking to had a lapel pin that said "Hi, I'm and honest salesman" would you buy a car from this man? The same is true about the gospel. Why is it the truth, why is it the word of God, because it says so. It is what is called circular reasoning. Everything in the bible is not true. Facts are wrong and contradictions abound.

Nope!

Gospel means "truth." I think the gospel that we are to tell others is this: Christ, being the holy Son of God, became the perfect sacrifice for all our sins and rose again in victory.

That still seems over-simplified to me, but hey....you wanted one sentence.

If you were shopping for a car and the salesman you were talking to had a lapel pin that said "Hi, I'm and honest salesman" would you buy a car from this man? The same is true about the gospel. Why is it the truth, why is it the word of God, because it says so. It is what is called circular reasoning. Everything in the bible is not true. Facts are wrong and contradictions abound.

Hi juggernaut,

I see you are new here so welcome to WB. As the OP I asked not to get into debate here. If you read any of my other posts you will find I do not shy away from debate but here I am looking to find out what people believe about the bible.

Without debating the issue just let us know what you think the Gospel is.

Thank you,

LT

Hi ALL,

I would like you all to add to this thread but please keep debate out. I'm just interested in information here.

If you chose "other" in the pole please state what you think the Gospel is in ONE SENTENCE.

Thank you,

LT

bump