carrielles

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

Everyone knows it took him 6 days to file the tax returns...but an evolutionist got hold of it and was goign to delay the process to see if they would fill themselves out... :th_praying:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  07/29/1974

Everyone knows it took him 6 days to file the tax returns...but an evolutionist got hold of it and was goign to delay the process to see if they would fill themselves out... :huh:

Rock on!! That was hilarious :th_praying:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  474
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Everyone knows it took him 6 days to file the tax returns...but an evolutionist got hold of it and was goign to delay the process to see if they would fill themselves out... :th_praying:

:huh:

I admire that sense of humour...HA! :)

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

Hovind would use arguments for a young earth such as

• Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I hope he wins. Somebody has to put the IRS in its place. Last night I was speaking with one of the most distinguished Business Law attorneys in the U.S., and he said the IRS deliberately goes after smaller business which typ8ically don't have teams of lawyers and CPAs making sure every "i" is dotted and every "t" is crossed; and use nit-picking details to extort money from them and drive them out of business.

This isn't just 'Joe Stupid,' but a guy with an AV rating for like 50 years in Hubbel! So he's NOT blowing smoke.

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

I think it worthwhile to post this from Hovind's CSE Blogs where you can also read responses from others. Some of this is amazing. Let us not rush to judgment.

July 25, 06

Trial by media

As most of the world now seems to know, due to the planned media blitz by the IRS, my wife and I were arrested 12 days ago in a highly publicized raid on the church ministry. The three

Edited by Old Timer

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

Well, I agree that...normally...as believer's we're supposed to obey the law. There are times when you must disobey, and I also do not believe that people in the US are bound under the constitution to obey illegal laws. I believe the IRS is unconstitutional. I pay taxes right now because with children it's in my best interest to do so, but I believe that I wouldn't have to. I don't share his belief that building permits are illegal though, since they aren't federally created and thus according to the constitution I believe they fall within the juridiction of the state and local governments...unless state and local officials also are in violation of their constititutions.

However, if you have a belief such as this, you should be well aware that you will eventually be going to jail if you act on it. If he honestly believes everything he says he does, then he should be willing and happy to go to jail for it if he's gonna make the stand in the first place.

IMO he should have incorporated and formed an overseas company....

Hovind's mistake has nothing to do with his presentation of the truth. Just because he sinned doesn't mean everything he taught is inherently wrong...if that were the case, there wouldn't be any preachers in any church anywhere in the world.

Sad but true...We all have sinned but God still uses us to share his Word and love.

I wonder what the qualifications for missionary status are under the US tax code... :whistling: ? I could see one thinking of this work as qualifying as christian missionary.

I believe it does, however I'm sure he had his reasons.

Everyone knows it took him 6 days to file the tax returns...but an evolutionist got hold of it and was goign to delay the process to see if they would fill themselves out... :whistling:

:P:taped::24::P:24::P:24::P:24:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  474
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I think it worthwhile to post this from Hovind's CSE Blogs where you can also read responses from others. Some of this is amazing. Let us not rush to judgment.

I agree!

This is why I was interested in waiting to hear the case play itself out first and was wondering what was in the books he recommended about this issue. I know he has a side of this case to share, and since I do not understand nor know all the issues and situations involved, I think it is careless to rush to a condemnatory judgement about someone, especially one I consider a fellow brother.

I am sincerely concerned and sorrowful for the Hovind's predicament, as it appears that the IRS is determined to make this as uncomfortable and impossible as possible for them and there are so many people who have loved to attack them due to their creation message.

Ugh...I just don't think it's right that they are being treated this way... :P

I am glad to hear from his side on this... :noidea: