Star

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  553
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Traveller's thread on the differences between spouses and worship styles made me wonder about this:  How did you meet your spouse, and how did you know that person was the right one for you?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Okay, I'll go first. Now, I wasn't walking with the Lord at that time. Neither was he. We met over a pool table at a local honky tonk. (that's a bar, Star ) Anyway, I was there with a girlfriend shooting pool, not intending on meeting anyone. All the tables are full, so he sends his buddy over to "take the table" from us girls. Later, buddy goes back and says "I can't. " He decides he'll have to do it himself. He came over and challenged the table. We played for the next 4 hours. He finally won. He told me it wasn't that I was better than him, it's just that he was flustered by my beauty!

:exclaimation:

Guest Fabrice

Hey Star

I'm searching for one still ! It's seems that I will never find a wife that could live with me and be interested in me.  

And well how would I know she's really THE one ?

Traveller:  I wonder what would have happened had he tried to take the table from you girls a little more vehemently!

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Traveller:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

This is my favorite story and hubby's too, LOL. I met my hubby at the post office. Actually I was in the Army and so was he, we were both stationed at Schofield Barracks in Hawaii. I had been saved a few months and was involved in the bus ministry. Hubby had just been saved while watching a TV evangelist late at night when he was on duty.

Hubby started hanging out in the barracks (he had been a party animal) and the "Jesus guy" in his battalion asked him why. Well my hubby explained what he did that night on duty and this guy says: You got saved. I know this sounds funny but hubby had no idea what he had done.

This fellow employee of mine was getting kicked out of the Army for drug use, and said he would go to church with me if I picked him up. So, I skipped my bus route and went to get this guy. He wasn't there, and I woke up everyone in the barracks at 9 am on a Sunday morning (boy were they mad at me). Well, I was mad but just decided to go to church late. I saw these fellows sitting on the steps of the post office, and decided to invite them to church.

My hubby happened to be one of those fellows, and got into the car just as the van came to take them to this other church. The guys in the back started to get out, but hubby didn't (He says I was pretty is why,lol). Anyhow, after that he began attending my church, got baptized and started living for the Lord. I was dating someone else and after we broke up, hubby asked me out and the rest is history. (Actually that is a long story too, lol) :exclaimation:

Lanakila:  I LOVE your story and would love to hear the other one, too!  Sounds intriguing..... :exclaimation:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Neither of us were Christians. So, we weren't seeking God's will in it.

I worked at White Castle. Just a dumb 17 year old kid, first job. (looked really good in my size 4 uniform, btw, *sigh*.lol)

He worked at the taxi office across the street - dispatch and driver. I didn't know how old he was, but he was old. (He was 29, 12 years older)

He would come into White Castle and order a small coffee, black, and a fish sandwhich. Every day. Then, twice a day. Then, three times a day. I never noticed him. He was old. And, he looked like a hippie. Beard down to his chest. Lovely.

One day, the girls started teasing me that he came in to look at me. I cracked up and said - "WHAT?? That old (other word for flatulence)??? Yeah, right!"

Then, one day my car wasn't working and I had to take a cab. I got Mr. Hippie. He drove me home, we made small talk. I felt kind a funny. Butterfly-like, but didn't know why.

Then, two days later, he calls me! I asked him - "how did you get my number??" "He says, we have a reverse directory here and I sat up all night looking through each address 'till I found yours and got the phone number."  I was floored! This was Long Island, New York - the directories are used as child booster seats there. Wow, THAT was love!!!

I was so impressed, I told my parents, and my father promptly GUFFAWED and said - "What a bunch of hogwash! What a line!". LOL, like I said, I was just a dumb kid. (and my parents did NOT know how old he was. :exclaimation: )

Then, he started sending notes over to me - and asked me if I wanted to ride around in the cab with him after I got off work. I did, and we started dating after that and got married a year later.

I couldn't ask for a better guy. :inlove:   He put up with alot, as he practically had to raise me, lol. (I am now 39 and he 52)

Great stories, I am enjoying them!

• Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/25/1972

Interesting thread!

My wife-to-be and I met...strangely enough...via the 'net.

She was dating some guy (turns out he was a loser with a capital L) and had decided it wasn't working out and it was time to turn him loose.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

This is my favorite story and hubby's too, LOL. I met my hubby at the post office. Actually I was in the Army and so was he, we were both stationed at Schofield Barracks in Hawaii. I had been saved a few months and was involved in the bus ministry. Hubby had just been saved while watching a TV evangelist late at night when he was on duty.

Hubby started hanging out in the barracks (he had been a party animal) and the "Jesus guy" in his battalion asked him why. Well my hubby explained what he did that night on duty and this guy says: You got saved. I know this sounds funny but hubby had no idea what he had done.

This fellow employee of mine was getting kicked out of the Army for drug use, and said he would go to church with me if I picked him up. So, I skipped my bus route and went to get this guy. He wasn't there, and I woke up everyone in the barracks at 9 am on a Sunday morning (boy were they mad at me). Well, I was mad but just decided to go to church late. I saw these fellows sitting on the steps of the post office, and decided to invite them to church.

My hubby happened to be one of those fellows, and got into the car just as the van came to take them to this other church. The guys in the back started to get out, but hubby didn't (He says I was pretty is why,lol). Anyhow, after that he began attending my church, got baptized and started living for the Lord. I was dating someone else and after we broke up, hubby asked me out and the rest is history. (Actually that is a long story too, lol) :exclaimation:

no way! My hubby and I were/are both in the army too. We met at the Airforce base across from Schofield Barracks. The NCO Club...go figure!