• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

We will see Him soon enough. I see Him when I close my eyes and feel His spirit moving within me. Does that count? I think if I saw a shadow beside me I might run. :emot-questioned:

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

That is such a gift and a wake up call, no? You are such a blessing. Thank you for that share. :emot-questioned:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  583
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

John 1:18

No man hath seen God at any time;

the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father,

he hath declared him.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

I just ran across this post for the first time. And it brought back an experience I had shortly after I gave my life to the Lord and I needed to be reminded of it. But the topic is on is it possible to physically see God's shadow or even Him.

I cannot say that I have seen God visible or in the Spirit at all but I can say that I have saw His shadow. I was seeking the Lord one night and I happened to be reading in the book of Psalms at the time in my bible reading. and I was really needing God to help me at the time. But while I was reading and praying asking and talking to God about things. I started reading Psalms 121 it is a fairly short chapter and most of the psalms are in that part of the book. But when I was reading through that chapter I was sitting on the edge of my bed so I had my bible on my lap and had one hand drap over top of the right side of my bible holding it up. When I got to this verse

Psalms 121:5--"The Lord is thy keeper the Lord is thy "shade" upon thy right hand."

and read it that is when I saw the shadow of my right hand on the bible from the light from my room and I literally cried like a baby because the verse said the "Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand."

It says the Lord was that shade. Well if that is true then I have seen the shadow of God. And I often lift my hand up since that time just to she that shadow and be reminded of what God's words were to me back then. And this thread reminds me of them again here that the Lord is my keeper and His presence is with me what a comfort this evening to my soul at this time. thanks for posting.

OC

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/25/1978

Wow some of the personal encounters here just fills me with utmost love it is so beautiful when this happens - maybe you will never see the physical manifestation of God but you will see His effects, His glory in other people, and His radiance. Our Lord is amazing

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

What is interesting is the consistency of the accounts across individuals and different kinds of people and Christians.

Obviously as scripture says no man has seen God. However this presence in the sense of the shadow of the Lord or His presence being felt I think does happen. When it happened with me it was right before a time of temptation, which I failed, but He never left me.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Matthew 24: 25 "Behold, I have told you beforehand.

26 If therefore they tell you, 'Behold, he is in the wilderness,' don't go out; 'Behold, he is in the inner chambers,' don't believe it.

27 For as the lightning flashes from the east, and is seen even to the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

29 But immediately after the oppression of those days, the sun will be darkened, the moon will not give its light, the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken;

30 and then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky. Then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory.