• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

I think for sexual reasons or that they would be least resistant. Cause a boy could pose more of a problem than a girl

I don't know about that, these are the people, out of all society, who are the most pacifist. Their adults just ignore and never respond to any of the awful things people do to them inpublic. And they do throw things at them and what not trying to provoke them to anger. Kinda like people make faces at the royal guards in England.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

I think for sexual reasons or that they would be least resistant. Cause a boy could pose more of a problem than a girl

Hmm...well thats an interesting idea. You know what I don't understand? Why didn't anyone fight back? I understand that they were scared, but i was in a similar situation and I was willing to put my life on the line to make sure that no one was hurt...mostly because I was not the person being targeted. :33:

They are pacifists. They don't believe in responding to violence.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  197
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/02/1991

Hmm...well thats an interesting idea. You know what I don't understand? Why didn't anyone fight back? I understand that they were scared, but i was in a similar situation and I was willing to put my life on the line to make sure that no one was hurt...mostly because I was not the person being targeted. :33:

I would think the mental trauma it put on everyone and the fear and shock.

if you look at it from his point of veiw it makes sense on how he operated

the news said he brought supplys that could be used in a long hold up and that it was premeditated.

so he would pick a one room school house that would be ideal for a holdup and brought supplies for a long hold up

he probally let the boys go so he had less muscle in the room. and then he binded the girl up.

not to mention the time it would take to contact the police that would give him time to shove all the desk in the doorway

so he could keep the girl in and everyone else out.

To raven - ya but i doubt he would want to leave any chances open

Edited by botticelli

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  05/03/1961

I think we christians discount or ignore the spiritual realm in most areas of life.

Ephesians 6

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

I often wonder if ordinary flesh is capable of such filthy horror as this without pressure from a source outside itself. I think the answer is no.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

I've just been watching the latest reports from several news channels about this, and what struck me most, after the absolute horror of it, of course, is that most, if not all, of the Amish community seem to be talking only of forgiveness.

This strikes me as very, I don't know - unusual. And I don't mean it in any bad way. I hadn't heard about the Amish community until this story broke, but if they are really trying so hard to forgive such an horrible evil at this early stage, then it must show a great strength of character from such people.

I'm not at all sure I would be able to be so forgiving if it happened to my family. We can only guess at what they are having to come to terms with. Such horror!

The thought crossed my mind that to an unbeliever this talk of forgiveness at this stage might cause an unbeliever to accuse these Christians of being truly detached from the real world, and uncaring.

Not knowing anything about them, though, I, myself, would be inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt and truly admire their strength and courage, as well as praying for them, as they are coming to terms with such a horrific event that most of us hopefully will never even come close to experiencing.

We should remember them in our prayers. These events will take a long time to heal in their hearts.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Forgiveness is hard, and not something you can do without Jesus I think.

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

I don't know about that, these are the people, out of all society, who are the most pacifist. Their adults just ignore and never respond to any of the awful things people do to them inpublic. And they do throw things at them and what not trying to provoke them to anger. Kinda like people make faces at the royal guards in England.

Actually I watched more on this last night...they had kind of a news program about Amish people and they were saying that this particular group although passive, never had any trouble in the community. "Plain" people never gave the Amish any trouble- they seemed to live in harmony. Now I know this probably isn't always the case, but they were very adament that the general public and amish were never at odds. The community expressed sadness about the whole situation as well- it seemed very genuine.

Also, in the news they said that Roberts' choice to shoot the girls at the amish school was not premeditated...he chose the school that was nearest to him. Now whether or not this is true, I guess thats debateable...but yes, it does seem convenient since it is a one-room school house.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

He targeted the girls because this was essentially a planned sexual assault/homicide/suicide (and he was also probably inspired by the school shooting in Colorado a few days earlier). It was premeditated, he came prepared. I don't believe he chose this school because it was the nearest one. He chose it because it fit his criteria: it is a community he was familiar with, it is a community largely unprotected, it is a community devoted to God. Nothing about this case suggests it was random.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

This case is very sickening!

I have a small theory on why he chose to remove the boys,

as the man already put in a suicide note that he molested 2

relatives he may not have wanted any conclusions drawn that

he molested boys and there for be considered homosexual.

like I said just my theory!

God Bless!

:emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  217
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

He targeted the girls because this was essentially a planned sexual assault/homicide/suicide (and he was also probably inspired by the school shooting in Colorado a few days earlier). It was premeditated, he came prepared. I don't believe he chose this school because it was the nearest one. He chose it because it fit his criteria: it is a community he was familiar with, it is a community largely unprotected, it is a community devoted to God. Nothing about this case suggests it was random.

I agree. I'm just glad the girls were spared the molestation before they died. Things were bad enough the way they were.