shepherdsgrace

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Although I sometimes have spiritual dreams I have never thought to share them here. But this one has been on my mind so much that I wanted to share with anyone who might be interested. Your comments are welcome.

A dream. Tuesday October 3, 2006

I have had a dream. About two nights ago I dreamed suddenly in the middle of the night. The dream was so real and startling that it awoke me.

I dreamed that I was walking through the mall. I had a destination and I stuck to it. I passed people but paid them little mind. I was on a path. I was strong and healthy and young. But although young I had a mature mind and a strong spirit. I was confident. But I realized that I must stick to this path and keep walking or I would not arrive to where I was going in time. But I was not worried just aware.

Just before I got to my destination I passed a group of people led by

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Amen, praise the Lord!

The doors shuting reminds me of the Parable of the Ten Virgins

Matthew 25

The Parable of the Ten Virgins

1"At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4The wise, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. 5The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.

6"At midnight the cry rang out: 'Here's the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!'

7"Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8The foolish ones said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.'

9" 'No,' they replied, 'there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.'

10"But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

11"Later the others also came. 'Sir! Sir!' they said. 'Open the door for us!'

12"But he replied, 'I tell you the truth, I don't know you.'

13"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.

The religious leader you encountered in your path in the mall is definetely something that happens very frequently. Many religious leaders despise those who are truly spirit-filled followers of Christ. These leaders are likened to the pharisees and scribes of Jesus's time. Today, these leaders who are "expert scholars of the bible", who have gone to seminary schools, who are strong in their intellect but without the Spirit, are these religious leaders who expound doctrine. Yet the Spiritual things of God are Spiritually discerned so these leaders do not know the things of God (1 Corinthians 2:14). They are only "religious" and do not bear the fruits of the Spirit.

The eyes of one man in the group lit up. This represents the people stuck in the "religion of Christianity" seeing the source of life in these Spirit-filled followers in their state of death. The source of life is none other than Jesus Christ manifesting Himself through those who are walking according to the Holy Spirit (Spirit-filled followers of Christ). Yet they do not have enough courage and initiative to move themselves out of this already "well-accepted realm of religion".

When you reach your destination, you find a room of large proportions. I believe this room represents the Christians of the world. In a mall (the world), there are many different rooms or stores. The people of this world choose to go to many different "rooms" of this world. This room destination is the body of believers, the Church and Christians.

The people in the room were neat, clean, but also busy. The neatness and cleansiness is the condition of the Christians brought through by the blood of Jesus Christ. Yet we are still sojourners in this world as they're wearing street clothes. The people were also busy; busy with the things of this world.

When the doors were sliding shut people did not pay attention or refused to go in before the doors closed. They are much to occupied with what they're doing in this life and unwilling to let go of it. Only those who are willing entered through the doors.

There will be ten virgins, each awaiting the bridegroom who is Jesus Christ. Yet 5 were wise and 5 were unwise. The unwise did not have enough oil with their lamps. The wise ones had oil in their lamps and extra in jars. Without oil, the lamps cannot shine. Many people in that room were too much in the world and did not gain enough Christ. So only those who seek and gain Christ above the things of the world will surely be ready to enter wedding banquet. Simply, they have to be willing to sacrifice their worldly life with all its worldly things for Jesus Christ. Only those three men were saved but only because they were willing.

Sometimes I'm drawn back into the world: school, career, money, family, friends. But I remember that I must "seek first the kingdom of God". I don't have to worry about the other things; I will not be in want if God is my shepard. Staying focused and steadfastly walking in Christ is the way. We will experience TRUE life now and not be left outside the gates.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Amen, praise the Lord!

...Sometimes I'm drawn back into the world: school, career, money, family, friends. But I remember that I must "seek first the kingdom of God". I don't have to worry about the other things; I will not be in want if God is my shepard. Staying focused and steadfastly walking in Christ is the way. We will experience TRUE life now and not be left outside the gates.

felix,

Thank you for sharing that!! God is so good! I'm so glad you are seeking HIM first! We must never go back!!

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Shepherdsgrace,

Thank you so much for sharing your dream. I do believe God has a message in there for all of us. It spoke to me about a situation I've been praying over. My husband and I have been considering joining a church and we went to their Inquirer's Seminar this past weekend. The one thing that really stood out to us was how big they were on doctrine, which is good that the Word of God is important, but it can be bad, too. They handed each of us the Westminster Confession of Faith. I struggled and prayed through it for several days, and believed that God was showing me through two dreams and through his word that he did not want me to join a denomination, because denomination divides the Body of Christ.

My grandchildren are here for several days because my DIL had surgery. They were watching Heroes of the Faith this morning (Veggie Tales) and even as I was reading your dream I could hear it in the background and God was speaking to me through it, as well.

Your dream was just another confirmation not to follow "Paul or Appolos", but just to follow Christ. Thanks so much!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  217
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Interesting. I would take the dream a bit more personally, the door is closing, yes but it doesn't have to be eternity's door as such but maybe a door in your own life...there might be a time when you will be either unable to wittness or work for the kingdom so you have to do so now so that you can gather those meant to come with you.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

Amen, praise the Lord!

The doors shuting reminds me of the Parable of the Ten Virgins

Matthew 25

The Parable of the Ten Virgins

1"At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4The wise, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. 5The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.

6"At midnight the cry rang out: 'Here's the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!'

7"Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8The foolish ones said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.'

9" 'No,' they replied, 'there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.'

10"But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

11"Later the others also came. 'Sir! Sir!' they said. 'Open the door for us!'

12"But he replied, 'I tell you the truth, I don't know you.'

13"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.

The religious leader you encountered in your path in the mall is definetely something that happens very frequently. Many religious leaders despise those who are truly spirit-filled followers of Christ. These leaders are likened to the pharisees and scribes of Jesus's time. Today, these leaders who are "expert scholars of the bible", who have gone to seminary schools, who are strong in their intellect but without the Spirit, are these religious leaders who expound doctrine. Yet the Spiritual things of God are Spiritually discerned so these leaders do not know the things of God (1 Corinthians 2:14). They are only "religious" and do not bear the fruits of the Spirit.

The eyes of one man in the group lit up. This represents the people stuck in the "religion of Christianity" seeing the source of life in these Spirit-filled followers in their state of death. The source of life is none other than Jesus Christ manifesting Himself through those who are walking according to the Holy Spirit (Spirit-filled followers of Christ). Yet they do not have enough courage and initiative to move themselves out of this already "well-accepted realm of religion".

When you reach your destination, you find a room of large proportions. I believe this room represents the Christians of the world. In a mall (the world), there are many different rooms or stores. The people of this world choose to go to many different "rooms" of this world. This room destination is the body of believers, the Church and Christians.

The people in the room were neat, clean, but also busy. The neatness and cleansiness is the condition of the Christians brought through by the blood of Jesus Christ. Yet we are still sojourners in this world as they're wearing street clothes. The people were also busy; busy with the things of this world.

When the doors were sliding shut people did not pay attention or refused to go in before the doors closed. They are much to occupied with what they're doing in this life and unwilling to let go of it. Only those who are willing entered through the doors.

There will be ten virgins, each awaiting the bridegroom who is Jesus Christ. Yet 5 were wise and 5 were unwise. The unwise did not have enough oil with their lamps. The wise ones had oil in their lamps and extra in jars. Without oil, the lamps cannot shine. Many people in that room were too much in the world and did not gain enough Christ. So only those who seek and gain Christ above the things of the world will surely be ready to enter wedding banquet. Simply, they have to be willing to sacrifice their worldly life with all its worldly things for Jesus Christ. Only those three men were saved but only because they were willing.

Sometimes I'm drawn back into the world: school, career, money, family, friends. But I remember that I must "seek first the kingdom of God". I don't have to worry about the other things; I will not be in want if God is my shepard. Staying focused and steadfastly walking in Christ is the way. We will experience TRUE life now and not be left outside the gates.

I must tell you Felix, that I witness in this post much spiritual growth since I first met you last Spring. Praise the Lord, for He brought you past the indoctrinations of many to a place of His docterine...Love the Lord your God with all you heart, mind and strength and love your neighbor as you love yourself..

I could not agree with you more. Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness is the only way to truly gain a strong and solid foundation in Him. And all these things will be added unto you...all physical needs of this world will be met through your dilligent seeking of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ our King

Praise Be the Name of the Lord.

Thanks to you ALL for your comments. You have been very encouraging.

Felix, I too thought of the parable of the Ten Virgins. I thought your posting very well said and spoke plainly.

Of course I am happy that the dream has ministered to some. I pondered for some time before posting and then did so because I thought the Holy Spirit was leading me to. So it is a blessing to me that you Jackie and Christfreeservant were also able to apply to your own lives.

With Speckles I do agree that I must apply this to my personal life for after all it was given to me and it must be for me. However, I did feel that it had a wider application also.

Blessings to you all. Each one of you often minister to me through your postings.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Although I sometimes have spiritual dreams I have never thought to share them here. But this one has been on my mind so much that I wanted to share with anyone who might be interested. Your comments are welcome.

A dream. Tuesday October 3, 2006

I have had a dream. About two nights ago I dreamed suddenly in the middle of the night. The dream was so real and startling that it awoke me.

I dreamed that I was walking through the mall. I had a destination and I stuck to it. I passed people but paid them little mind. I was on a path. I was strong and healthy and young. But although young I had a mature mind and a strong spirit. I was confident. But I realized that I must stick to this path and keep walking or I would not arrive to where I was going in time. But I was not worried just aware.

Thank you OC.

Loving blessings to you also...........