Kabowd

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  961
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Rosie in her stand against the NRA is unaware of the REAL problem.....It isnt guns...Its the shooter..

In the Colombine shooting, the perpertrators broke 18 gun laws in the execution of their offense....If as Rosie desired there were more gun laws in place, I can already tell you that if Two MORE laws had been in place, then the perpertrators would have broken 20 gun laws...Laws dont stop shooters..

Someone said that blaming guns for the crimes committed is like Rosie blaming a spoon for getting fat. I dont know what the answer is, but I dont think more gun laws are going to help.....

Regards,

Ben.

If the laws dont work, then ban guns altogether.

Then the law abbiding citizens such as myself won't have a gun to defend my family, but you can bet the guy who breaks into my house will have one. Banning guns will not take the millions of guns in our country off the street, not to mention the millions that will enter this country through the black market.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Banning guns isn't the answer.

fair enough, in UK we have just about the strictest scissor laws in world, but people still allowed to own certain types of scissors. however do something we have in place in this country. Time for USA to bring in tighter controls over who

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

:21: You nailed it Ron!

God Bless!

:emot-highfive:

Guest lovinghim4ever
In the Colombine shooting, the perpertrators broke 18 gun laws in the execution of their offense....If as Rosie desired there were more gun laws in place, I can already tell you that if Two MORE laws had been in place, then the perpertrators would have broken 20 gun laws...Laws dont stop shooters..

Regards,

Ben.

Laws and locks are made for honest people, so I agree that more gun laws is not the answer. Laws are ignored every day. Look at all the laws we already have that get broken every day. Law says not to speed, but their are those who ignore that law and speed anyway. Law says not to break into someone's home and steal their stuff, but there are those who ignore that law and do it anyway. Law says NOT TO, but those who want to - do. So, I agree with you, making more laws is not the answer. That only gives the law-breaker more laws to break. I also agree with you that I'm not sure what the answer is, but I will continue to ask God for guidance and help. :emot-hug:

Edited by lovinghim4ever

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Part of the problem is that in the US we have a violent culture we are a violent people and in large part we always have been. We resort to violence more often than some other cultures. As Christians we must be at the forefront of peace and non-violence. In this way we should be very counter cultural. Combine our propensity toward violence that with a very active criminal drug trade and a very active criminal element willing to use violence, and you get the carnage. Part of our gun violence is related to our demand for illegal things. Strict gun control really would not address this very basic cultural issue; it would create an even greater black market in guns though.

I own several shotguns I use for hunting. I don't consider them useful for home protection, they are unloaded and taken apart and put up in the closet when not in use, there is no way I would have the presence of mind in the middle of the night to go get them assemble them and put them together and then shoot an intruder, which I am glad about.

I actually think having a good can of pepper spray or mace and a cell phone by your bed along with a decent home security system is the best route. I don't know if I could point a gun at a human being and shoot them in the heat of the moment, I could however spray someone in the face.

Guest lovinghim4ever
People like Rosie do this for attention. Therefore you treat her the way you treat a misbehaving child who wants attention. You don't give it to her.

:thumbsup: GOOD ANSWER! :)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/11/1960

My husband ownes 2 shotguns and 1 rifle.I have a 4-10 shotgun,they are nice to kill rabbits and squirrels for my husbands mother, she loves to cook them. They are also nice for the rattlers and moccosins we have here in the woods.We go down to the pond and target practice for fun too.

They will also come in real handy up in these dark woods if someone ever breaks into my house with the intention of harming someone.I would not feel as safe if we didn't have them.

I agree it would be a big mistake to take guns away from the honest people.Then we would for sure be at the mercy of the other part of the population that are gonna do what they are gonna do regardless of the laws. Laws don't matter to them or they wouldn't be out robbing, raping, and murdering people.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

IMO in the US it would be very difficult to have an all out ban on guns as some people in rural areas need guns.

The right to bear arms was not given by our government it is an inalienable right given by God. Our right happens to come in handy to protect ourselves from outward invadors and also against a repressive government. Where the government fears the people you have freedom, where you fear the government you have tyranny

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  02/01/1992

I quite agree. I think the problem is more that ABC is running out of things to put on TV, so they do "people pleasers" or things that turn people on, such as these wranchy shows. I think it'll get worse, too. But hey, didn't people do something to get that show "The Book Of Daniel" off the air? What did they do? I just choose to avoid such shows. Like Jesus would say "forgive them father, for they know not what they do."

-kate

PS: I should probably get a signature. "-kate" is so boring.