• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/31/1964

My dad and I don't really get along very well and I have not spoken to him in over a year. I feel it's time for me to reach out to him and make contact. The only problem is I can't stand him. I have prayed so many times for him to die and go to hell, but since coming back to the Lord, I know this is wrong. I sent him an email today and asked if he was okay. It's the best I can do for now. Pray that God will soften my heart toward my father and create a love in me for him. He's everything I hate in a person and it was difficult for me to send that email. Pray God leads me to the proper steps I need to take in order to get this relationship with my father going strong again and pray for his salvation too.

Thank you!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/19/1947

I have just prayed for god to give you direction as you attempt to reach out to reconcile with your father. am also praying fo God to bring him to salvation I will be praying for you and your father in the days ahead.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

My dad and I don't really get along very well and I have not spoken to him in over a year. I feel it's time for me to reach out to him and make contact. The only problem is I can't stand him. I have prayed so many times for him to die and go to hell, but since coming back to the Lord, I know this is wrong. I sent him an email today and asked if he was okay. It's the best I can do for now. Pray that God will soften my heart toward my father and create a love in me for him. He's everything I hate in a person and it was difficult for me to send that email. Pray God leads me to the proper steps I need to take in order to get this relationship with my father going strong again and pray for his salvation too.

Thank you!

Praying for you right now.... :blink:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/26/1964

Praying that God will lead you in the reconcilliation. If it is his will for this to happen, it will. Just let God lead you through it. It may or may not be the right time. Maybe God will work on him and it will be better. Praying for you and your father.

:mgqueen::blink::emot-hug::huh::mgqueen:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

:blink:

God Bless!

:huh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

I said a prayer for you hun. There are always people we won't "like" no matter how spiritual we are. We aren't required to like anyone, just to love them. Love is an act, not a feeling. Just like we love our kids when they are not being lovable, we can love anyone else when they are not being lovable. We may n ever like them but that is beside the point really.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Dear footsteps,

Praying for you and your dad.

If you go for prayers in person, hands on prayers of faith and annointing of oil with elders, pastors, or intercessors at church or ask a church where a nearby healing room is ( a meeting place for prayers for all kinds of healing) I believe it will help you alot.

God can fill your heart with His Love and Peace so great that you will see your father from different eyes in your heart, from Gods perspective in His Spirit in your heart. But, it sounds like you need some more healing yet for yourself, concerning you dad. I know you want to do the right thing . I just hope you have done the needed preparation to deal with it and have the support of others in Christ and most of all keeping close to Christ in this . I hope you will go for prayers and talk it out with God, letting Him heal your heart more, HE won't let you down. I pray for your healing and God guidance for you.

When we come to that place of deep peace with God in our lives where it also concerns others it then frees us up to care for persons as the way Christ does. Seeing the devil is our true enemy in this life and those who are influenced by him to do bad towards us need Jesus so much and freed from the influences of the devil in thier lives.

I pray for your healing and rebuke any spirit not of God from your father and his life in the Name of Jesus of Nazereth.

Take care,

elkie

• Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

May the Lord bring about reconciliation. +

May I ask why you say your father is 'everything I hate in ahuman being'?

• Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

I believe that God has already begun the process of healing and softening your heart by taking the first step in e-mailing him and believing in the power of prayer so strongly that you have made a request. You are growing in your walk with God by taking that first step to reconcilliation with your father. God Bless you for listening to Him and by doing this, you are beginning the process of a stronger relationship and by your love for the Lord shining from within, his salvation will be close at hand. I will keep you both in my prayers and your example of being humble is very inspiring.

Love in Christ :)

• Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,072
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/27/1948

Footsteps, I have been throught this but before my father died, God did for me what Elkie is talking about - let me see my father through different eyes and with compassion.

So amen to the prayers and advice given here. I have prayed too! :)