• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/25/1978

Guys i am currently on the fence on this issue , so i am asking for advice here. I used to think that the races should marry within their own race. Please do not get me wrong i am no racist and for that matter most of my friends are non white, and i myself am of Indian Descent. So please understand i am not racist but this issue is prevelant in Modern society.

I know there are scriptures in the bible that speak of forbidden marriages, of not allowing sons to marry woman from a certain clan, of fathers sending delegates to other areas so their sons could find a bride of similiar ilk/clan - but in general the bible is silent on this matter. I have seen in South Africa even in Modern society where children born out of interracial marrriages being segregated because they do not fit in with the whites and they do not fit in with the blacks. I have also seen interracial marriages break up because of a lack of understanding of the partners culture / background. On the flip side i have seen interracial marriages succeed . Look i am not saying that conventional marriages are all beautiful and rosey no on the contrary but lets have your oppinions here I would love to hear your oppinions and please lets try to stick to the subject.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  198
  • Days Won:  1

They're certainly more common nowadays. Years ago, when I was a teenager, my mother told me I'd "better not ever date a black man". This coming from a kind, Christian woman. She said that's the way she was raised, and furthermore, should it lead to marriage, that "the kids suffer"....not fitting in with blacks OR whites.

Pssst, don't tell her I dated a black man briefly when I was an adult. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

What is important to the Lord is that we marry a believer like ourselves. Beyond that, read in my sig line Galatians 3:28-29. I do not believe that it matters one way or another if we marry a different race. Of course Im biased. I have an interracial marriage, one that the Lord brought together.

They're certainly more common nowadays. Years ago, when I was a teenager, my mother told me I'd "better not ever date a black man". This coming from a kind, Christian woman. She said that's the way she was raised, and furthermore, should it lead to marriage, that "the kids suffer"....not fitting in with blacks OR whites.

Pssst, don't tell her I dated a black man briefly when I was an adult. :thumbsup:

I had the same experience of my mother telling me to stick with my race, and religon - look i am married to a beautiful woman that is of the same race and religon - so you could say i abided to my moms instructions but i do agree that you find that the children born from this marriage can be segregated - because of this very same view that our "mothers / fathers" teach us.

What is important to the Lord is that we marry a believer like ourselves. Beyond that, read in my sig line Galatians 3:28-29. I do not believe that it matters one way or another if we marry a different race. Of course Im biased. I have an interracial marriage, one that the Lord brought together.

And i pray that God keep your marriage blessed!!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  204
  • Birthday:  03/07/1949

Hi. I am from the UK. My wife and myself have been married for 34years and we are the same colour (note the English spelling of Colour) :thumbsup: . I have Christian friends who are in different race marriages and they to have been as blessed as we have been. I am not racist at all and see no problem spiritually in marrying into a different Race/Colour, However marrying into a different religion i.e Muslim is a totally different matter altogether.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  362
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/04/1955

God dosen't see color He sees Jesus' blood!!! So I really do not think it really matters to Him about what color you are or race He made you that way for a reason and also brings us together for His purposes so let us rejoice in the Lord!! Amen?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I think it can be a rough row to hoe, but there's certainly nothing in the Bible that forbids racially mixed marriages. One of the meanings of 'Bathsheba' (David's favorite wife), is 'Daughter of Ethiopia.'

I think it can be a rough row to hoe, but there's certainly nothing in the Bible that forbids racially mixed marriages. One of the meanings of 'Bathsheba' (David's favorite wife), is 'Daughter of Ethiopia.'

Well now that is interesting.I did not know that about Bathsheba yes and she gave birth to Solomon so well now he was definitely a great man born of an interracial marriage

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Well now that is interesting.I did not know that about Bathsheba yes and she gave birth to Solomon so well now he was definitely a great man born of an interracial marriage

Nevin the story of David and Bathsheba, come on everybody knows that story! David sent Bathsheba's husband Uriah the Hittite to the front lines so he would be killed so that he could marry Bathsheba because she was pregnant by him. After the child was born, a son, he died.

I think a good indicator of how God feels about racism is Mariam and Moses, Mariam spoke out against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman he had married, and God struck her with leprosy, pretty fitting yes!