• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/15/1962

I thought OT meat eating only started after the flood. Gen 1:29 for example they are instructed to eat "every plant yielding seed which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit; you shall have them for food." no mention of animals. But post flood - Gen 9:3 ". Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you"

In which case Adam & Eve et al were veggies.

Although, given that the flood's purpose was to destroy wicked mankind (god didn't forsee that???) I suspect it was only the righteous that stuck with it.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/15/1962

In which case Adam & Eve et al were veggies.

They probably had a nasty case of protein deficiency then....

Come on. You know perfectly well that a vegetarian diet needn't be deficient in anything. There are millions of vegetarians in the world. Some of the world's elite athletes are veggie.

Personally, I can think of no good argument, moral or otherwise for not being omnivore, I'm practically a militant meat eater, I'll eat 2 steaks to compensate for the ones the veggies aren't eating.

Edited by StewartP

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Here's what I think we should do:

1) Preach the gospel to all the nations.

2) Build up the Body of Christ on the earth.

3) Anxiously desire for the Lord's return.

Sorry, but the rest is a waste of time. It's fruitless to try and change a world that's going down the tubes. It is going down the tubes - the Lord promised it would. No sense in delaying the inevitable.

No...I'm not a "glass is half empty" kind of guy. I'm more a "Lord come soon" kind of guy.

The world's flooding folks. We need to get more in the boat before it's too late.

The difference between me and Jesus is that He accomplished a complete redemption for mankind.

I'm just a fortunate receipient of His salvation.

Feed the poor? Comfort those in pain? Visit those in prison? Certainly. Absolutely.

Try to save the world?

Not at all.

Preach the gospel to all the nations.

Bring the Lord back by building the church - by feeding the saints.

Absolutely.

I can recall no passage in which the Lord called us to save the world. Only that we preach the gospel, build up His Body, and anxiously await His return.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I heard rossie o'donnel say this, very sad, very sad. Ya know, the way society is going it is very probible to be martyrd In our country. PRaise the Lord though, I know he's comming back soon. This world is going to get worse, they dispise the truth. We live in an wicked, adulterious generation. The only thing really you can do is stay bold. Stand up for the word, Reach out, and try to reach as many as you can. Pray, and hold fast to the good word. Praise the Lord. In Christ always.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

We are a long ways from persecution in the US. I would not want to be a Christian in most of the Muslim world for example, although many are and have been for centuries. So in that respect we have it pretty easy.

A think the danger in what people like Rosie are saying (she is not the first to use hate speech against Christians in this way) is the intention behind what the are saying. Because comparing fundamentalist or evangelical Christians to violent Islamic extremists is so out of proportion, why would one do that, if they did not have some sort of an agenda? I think for example we DO have some comparisons in the US to Al-Quida, people like the Klan or the Aryan Nations or the Identity Movement. What is fascinating is that those groups do outwardly support groups like Hamas. The Aryan Nations on their web site give praise to Hamas for killing Jews. So Rosie would have examples for comparison, but she intentionally chooses to ignore these and look to the vast majority of non-violent fundamentalist Christian groups. Rosie is mad because Christians won't be quite, we won't shut up and go home and not say public ally what we believe and we vote. So we are the "bad" Christians, versus the "good" Christians who don't really literally believe any of this nonsense anyway, the cultural Christians.

We should just be on our guard, point this out and most of all keep on talking and keep on voting. Most people indeed don't like the cultural sewer our country has become and which the likes of Rosie are a part of.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

The World doesn't understand what is happening in their midst today. We've had record levels of violence all around the world both from terrorist organizations all the way down to our children in schools across America, and everyone is just pointing fingers at both Islam and Christianity because they have nothing else that they can point at. In a nation that used to be so concerned about stereotyping it seems ironic that our media icons are so quick to speak out of ignorace on such subjects.

We are in the middle of a religious war...a Jihad as the fanatical Islamists call it. A war that has been going on since God created time to seperate Himself from evil after Lucifer's rebellion against God and Man's following in Lucifer's footsteps. This is NOT my "opinion" or "personal belief." THIS IS THE WORD OF GOD! THE TRUE WORD OF GOD! Don't believe me? Good! Now, crack open a bible and start thinking for yourself.

If you want to blame anyone for the violence in the world, blame Lucifer or blame the people who are choosing to commit the violence, but do not stereotype a religious group if you expect the world to not be steretyping OTHER groups of individuals such as homosexuals because that is called hypocrisy! Of course, if these people would bother to seek the truth by thinking on their own instead of repeating what they've been taught by others, then their eyes might actually be opened.

Now here is the article that sparked my above statement:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Just weeks ago on ABC's "The View" Rosie O'Donnell

unleashed a vicious attack on Christianity, saying:

"Radical Christianity is just as threatening

as radical Islam in a country like America."

If you have not seen O

• 5 months later...

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I feel torn when I hear about these things, unfortunately I couldn't get the video to play so I'm not sure exact what rosie said. I dont personally know any christians who are any where near what muslim extremest are, but I do personally know christians who feel since something is considered a sin in the bible, such as homosexuality, it is up to us to become "political" and make sure these people don't have rights as far as marriage etc, so I have to ask, aren't we somewhat responsible for the attitude towards christians when we get in the political arena with specific targets like gay people? Rosie is gay, if I was a gay person I would feel like christians were my enemy, and christains have made this happen, we have drawn the line in the sad with gay people and there is no one to blame for that backlash but ourselfs. I find the whole thing sad, and as a christian a little bit frightening.

We aren't the enemy...they are the enemy of God. Why shouldn't Christians be in the political arena? It's because they haven't been, that this society has begun to spiral out of control spiritually and morally.

I feel torn when I hear about these things, unfortunately I couldn't get the video to play so I'm not sure exact what rosie said. I dont personally know any christians who are any where near what muslim extremest are, but I do personally know christians who feel since something is considered a sin in the bible, such as homosexuality, it is up to us to become "political" and make sure these people don't have rights as far as marriage etc, so I have to ask, aren't we somewhat responsible for the attitude towards christians when we get in the political arena with specific targets like gay people? Rosie is gay, if I was a gay person I would feel like christians were my enemy, and christains have made this happen, we have drawn the line in the sad with gay people and there is no one to blame for that backlash but ourselfs. I find the whole thing sad, and as a christian a little bit frightening.

We aren't the enemy...they are the enemy of God. Why shouldn't Christians be in the political arena? It's because they haven't been, that this society has begun to spiral out of control spiritually and morally.

I don't agree with that at all. Christians have been politically involved since the Romans made Christianity their state religion.

As far as this or any society is concerned, Christianity is not going to change things much. Sure it'll hold the moral decline back a little, but eventually it's going to fold. Jesus said it would be so before his return. Don't be surprised.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I don't agree with that at all. Christians have been politically involved since the Romans made Christianity their state religion.

As far as this or any society is concerned, Christianity is not going to change things much. Sure it'll hold the moral decline back a little, but eventually it's going to fold. Jesus said it would be so before his return. Don't be surprised.

Absolutely, it will fold! But I daresay that we believers have been as milquetoast these past few generations, politically.