• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/25/1988

My father was incarcerated for 4 years. He was let out October of 2004. While him being incarcerated, he opened himself up to God and prayed to God everyday. My father had a really bad smoking habit, he prayed for his habit to be gone, and God did so. Now my father is back into doing what the Devil want's him to do. He has forgotten about Christ, he no longer prays, he drinks (at times) and is now selling drugs? Should i fast and pray for my father? so the Lord could hear my cries of help? Or should i tell my father how Satan is making him do stuff that Christ would not approve of?

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  12
  • Birthday:  12/19/1985

I would first pray, ask God for the guidance of how to approach the situation, then if you feel that is what you should do, act on the wisdom God gives you and do so in accordance to his will. Pray

I will be praying for you.

Josh

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

I can sympathize. My brother's done the same thing, over and over.

Prayer's the most powerful weapon we have. It always works, even if we can't see the results, and things usually seem to get worse before they get better.

God always hears us. Fasting won't increase or decease God's ability to hear us in any way. He hears things in our hearts that we don't even hear. It won't make God do what we want Him to do either. He'll do what is His prefect will, regardless. Fasting's for us. It allows us to set aside our fleshly desires so we can be more in tune to hear what God wants to say to us.

Whether you should speak to your father or not depends on the kind of relationship you have with him. If you think he'd be receptive, go for it. If not, best to pray, and let God communicate it to him.

Personally, I had to cut all ties completely with my brother, as he was posing a threat to the safety of my family. I pray for him everday and hope I'll see him in Heaven. I hope things can be better for you and your father nad pray he be restored to holiness.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Hi, Warrior!

Do what your very name suggests! War for your father! First fast and pray, seeking the wisdom of the Lord in the matter, and he will give you the words to speak to your dad. Fasting helps a lot! You are his spiritual elder and you, of all people in his life should be the one to speak to those things that keep him out of the blessing of God and a relationship with Him!

In the meantime and ever after, do warfare on His behalf! Speak out against the evil one, bind and break! You have all authority to do so! I will remember you before the Lord, as this is a hard battle, it seems. You need the anointing and protection of God to do battle here, as I believe from your post that your father has deep and unconfessed sin in his life.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Yes, do what your name says and pray, do spiritual warfare.

Kate

Greetings Warrior,

I know of a man in whom the Lord began a work of grace in about 1974, that man gradually became worse and continued to get worse for many years. Sometimes he would seem to get better but this was only outward, inwardly he was getting worse.

There came a point in that mans life when he despised himself and all that he was doing, yet was unable to stop.

Things got even worse, then in 1999 the Lord was revealed in that man, what a change, perfect timing.

The work is still ongoing and though the outward man is perishing the inward man is being renewed day by day.

Grace is never in a rush, the Lord does not do his work in our time. Pray and be there, no need to preach or say anything, just pray.

Blessings, H.

Guest willing servant

I like stealth warfare for god . I would purchase a dozen crucifixes. go to his house and lay them out on the living room floor.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

With all due respect to willing servant, if you go and lay out a bunch of crucifixes around the place, you are just going to be seen as some sort of religious nutter. Bring your dad before G-d...cry out for your father, ask G-d to have mercy and reveal Himself afresh...pray, fast...don't give in...be expectant, full of faith, and know that your Heavenly Father hears your prayers. During these times alllow the Holy Spirit to direct you or show you things, and give you a stategy. Be totally real with your dad, and demonstrate your love to him, and when you feel it is appropriate, tell him how much he means to you, and how you long to see him free to serve the L-rd and enjoy life to the full.

Luke 18:1 Then He spoke a parable to them, that one must always pray and not lose heart,

Luk 18:2 saying: "A certain judge was in a certain city, who did not fear God nor have regard for men.

Luk 18:3 Now there was a widow in that city; and she kept coming to him, saying, 'Give justice to me against my adversary.'

Luk 18:4 And he did not want to for a time; but afterward he said within himself, 'although I do not fear God, nor have regard for man,

Luk 18:5 yet because this widow bothers me I will give justice to her, lest she wear me out by forever coming to me.' "

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Well know you just sound silly, I am sure that was your intention. Crucifuxes have no power, but praying does and that is what spiritual warfare is interceding. Are you a Catholic?

Kate

I like stealth warfare for god . I would purchase a dozen crucifixes. go to his house and lay them out on the living room floor.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

With all due respect to willing servant, if you go and lay out a bunch of crucifixes around the place, you are just going to be seen as some sort of religious nutter.

Reckon? :noidea:

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  21
  • Birthday:  09/25/1988

Thank you all for the inputs. I just prayed moments ago, today i will talk to my father and tell him to be holy again, the life he is chosing, sadly to say, hell will be his fate. I am going to be a Warrior for my father and for my Lord, i will fast and save my father.