• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Well, the story of Jesus was plagiarized from earlier religions, so you're really worshipping a pagan god!

http://perdurabo10.tripod.com/id306.html

http://www.thegodmovie.com/faq.php

uh-huh. right.

Guest cargohome

Halloween is tonight, but our nieghborhood had it on sat night, I dont believe in celebrating it, but i do believe in using for good!! My boys dressed up in thier Super Hero Suits ( that they wear all year 'round) and we gave out candy and chick tracts. In doing so, i had the oppertunity to invite 2 sixteen year olds to church the next day, they came and got saved!!!!!!

Sooooo.... the question is, should u be the one getting or the one giving........teach your children that u will use every thing possible to show others the Love of Jesus!!!!!!!

Rachel

Guest rosietoes01

I'd suggest you do a little research into the origins of Halloween, then decide if it's something you want your children to be celebrating.

Doesn't things change? Halloween is mainly known for free candy for childern. Wasn't the Roman Catholics evil people many years ago? They were not men of God, they were greedy and murderous. Nowdays are Roman Catholics the same as they were years ago? Things change.

Things change but God doesn't. Changing the meaning of Halloween would be like the world changing the meaning of Christmas. They can say "It's all about presents and Santa Claus" all they want. But everyone knows it's Christ's birth.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

As some people have stated they manage to use Halloween and other Holidays to show the work of God. I think those are the things that God truly wants from us.

I read in a thread about paganism all kinds of different opinions of the extensive list placed before everyone and what good came of it? None. People were mean, rude and downright unChristian in how they spoke to each other to a point that the thread was closed. There was never a point in the entire discussion that brought us to being like minded as Christ wants us to be. Huge waste of time.

I don't like Halloween. I see it as a time for gruesome horror films to be put out for people to be scared out of their minds. I see it as a time for the things that do belong to the demonic to be glorified by dressing up (not by everyone), acted out by haunted houses and the like, and for film makers to glean a ton of money off of. I do NOT see Halloween as being anything that is used to glorify the Lord, accept in individual cases, examples of which have been shared on this thread. A large portion of what is done around and on halloween, with this holiday in mind, does NOT exemplify our Father.

I believe that we Christian's are supposed to do everything with the heart of a servant toward our Master, God in Heaven. Anything that we do that isn't with that heart is not exemplifying Him. Including celebrating Holidays. And that would be any HOLIDAY.

IMHO

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

As some people have stated they manage to use Halloween and other Holidays to show the work of God. I think those are the things that God truly wants from us.

I read in a thread about paganism all kinds of different opinions of the extensive list placed before everyone and what good came of it? None. People were mean, rude and downright unChristian in how they spoke to each other to a point that the thread was closed. There was never a point in the entire discussion that brought us to being like minded as Christ wants us to be. Huge waste of time.

I don't like Halloween. I see it as a time for gruesome horror films to be put out for people to be scared out of their minds. I see it as a time for the things that do belong to the demonic to be glorified by dressing up (not by everyone), acted out by haunted houses and the like, and for film makers to glean a ton of money off of. I do NOT see Halloween as being anything that is used to glorify the Lord, accept in individual cases, examples of which have been shared on this thread. A large portion of what is done around and on halloween, with this holiday in mind, does NOT exemplify our Father.

I believe that we Christian's are supposed to do everything with the heart of a servant toward our Master, God in Heaven. Anything that we do that isn't with that heart is not exemplifying Him. Including celebrating Holidays. And that would be any HOLIDAY.

IMHO

True.

I do believe, if a person had their mind where it belonged, that they could do something in their homes for halloween if they wished.

What is the overarching theme of halloween as celebrated by the secular culture? Most people would probably say Death (as evidenced by the ghost,vampire, etc themes). What is the Christian view of death? Don't you believe it's worth providing another POV about death (that to die in faith is a good thing, a blessing...etc)

Most traditions and ideas happen with one or two people and they catch on...who is to say what might catch on if Christians decided to take the Day the Lord made and use it to show the culture exactly WHOSE it is.

• 3 years later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

bump

deadthread.gif