IGNORED

how can an all-loving God send anyone to Hell?

canadasuzi

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

:wub:

Hey everybody ok i have one more question they have been goin through my head and i hope to find a reasonable answer here...i did post this on chat upper room but i seemed to start a few tiffs u kno lol...so here it is...how can an all-loving God send anyone to Hell?

i cant put my head round any of the answers i got goin round in my head does any one have an answer??

canadsuzi

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

what do you do with evil if there is no hell? Evil is to go unpunished? How is that loving? To know that there is no divine justice for those who commit evil and never repent would tell me that God was not just and not loving.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  10/27/1965

:wub:

Hey everybody ok i have one more question they have been goin through my head and i hope to find a reasonable answer here...i did post this on chat upper room but i seemed to start a few tiffs u kno lol...so here it is...how can an all-loving God send anyone to Hell?

i cant put my head round any of the answers i got goin round in my head does any one have an answer??

canadsuzi

Yes God is loving, but he is also just. Those who refuse to do His will shall also be punished accordingly. In this case you know what the stakes are. It is nothing like a parent telling a child to stay out of the cookie jar, it is like telling the child not to grab the sparking high voltage line on the ground. There is only 2 choices and 2 possible outcomes. Do as you are told and live or dont do as you are told and die.

We know the consequences of our actions. The choice is as easy or hard as you want to make it. The question in my mind is this, do I want to live in peace and love forever or do I love the secular world with its sin and self indulgance enough to spend eternity in torment? All in all, 70 to 90 years is a very short time when compared to eternity.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

G-d doesn't send anybody to Hell. James tells us:

When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

So, it's not like the human race hasn't been warned! We are all snared by our own bait and we decide where we will spend eternity. The answer to your question is found throughout the Bible--check it out.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  01/22/1965

The funny part is, a loving God allows us to determine our own destiny. We are given a map via the Bible. Choose your path, and end up where you want But it is so typical of the human race that we blame God for the freedom to determine our destiny ourselves. He gave us the way to Heaven through our Lord Jesus' sacrifice. Imagine the pain that the Lord feels whenever one of His children decides that etetnity is worth being traded for lust, greed, avarice, self-love, money, power, hatred or indifference. What a great God we serve, and I hope canadasuzi you choose Him if you haven't already

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

canadasuzi,

You ask a fair question. It really centers on the nature of God and who He is. God has many attributes or "character qualities" that make Him who He is. One of these attributes is one of unity. This means that God is not divided up into parts. He does not have one attribute that is more important than all of the others. Nor, does God suspend one of His attributes to exercise another.

As you say it is true that God is love. We also know that God is just, holy, kind, merciful, and a host of other things. Whenever God does anything, it can never be in contradiction to any one of His attributes. If it was, He would no longer be God, because He would no longer be unity and perfect.

All human beings have done things that are wrong. Because God is just, He can not just give them a pass. All things must be made right. God is also loving and merciful. So, the only way that God could maintain his holiness and justice, and yet extend mercy and love, was to become human Himself. He took the punishment we deserve. Jesus (who know no sin) became sin on our behalf. God made all things right, by punishing Jesus.

God's love is satisfied in that now He can offer a restored relationship with humans freely. His justice is now satisfied in that the price was fully paid. All we need to do is take that gift. So that is how a loving, and just God can send people to hell. He offers them a free, just, merciful way out.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  12
  • Birthday:  12/19/1985

Hell is a punishment, but it is also a choice. People choose to go to hell by not answering and obeying God's call in their life. God loves us enough to give us a choice, "free will" all humans have it. Therefore any actions that we take are ours. The consequences of those decisions if we do not seek forgiveness from God and obey him is hell, so yes it is a punishment but we go there on our own free will.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

:emot-handshake:

canadsuzi

God does not send us there, we chose to go there by our own free will and accord......

we can chose to be with the Lord, or we can chose to be separated from Him.. He will not force us to be witth Him should we not want to be.

mike

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  22

:24:

canadsuzi

God Bless You

Try asking Him, Pray on it

And God Bless All His Peoples.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,227
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  08/19/1964

G-d doesn't send anybody to Hell. James tells us:

When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

So, it's not like the human race hasn't been warned! We are all snared by our own bait and we decide where we will spend eternity. The answer to your question is found throughout the Bible--check it out.

What verse is that and what Bible translation.

Thanks,

K.D.