• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/06/1951

Every Monday morning I attend a Bible study that is open to the Christian churches in the area and conducted by my daughter's pastor (pastor Brian). One morning the topic of 'obedience to the Lord 'came up before study began, I asked if I could share something I had been living with for 5 years. Pastor asked me to please feel free, and I related this:(Ill try and give the condensed version). A lady by the name of Idonna (who was like a second mother to me) was in a nursing home in the town we now live in when we moved here 9 years ago. I had been told that she had suffered several strokes and was unable to recognize anyone so I never went to see her....the churches here in town take turns having a Sunday service there , which includes a time of praise and worship as well as a sermon. One Sunday evening after our church ministry had been there, our pastor's son-in-law stood up and asked prayer for a dear lady there by the name of Idonna. ...I knew that it was my lady friend being the name is one that is uncommon. .....Instantly the Lord spoke to my heart and said "Go and tell her about me". ...I thought "It is just my wishing she were in her right mind so I could see her"...so I ignored it. Two days later Idonna died..........Her daughter told me later.. "Mom heard you had moved here and she hoped that you would go visit her."...I said I had been told she had had several strokes and didn't know anyone...She said "oh, that was when she first had them".........I thought.... "My disobedience to the Lord has cost Idonna eternal life in hell"....Just telling it I began to weep. I looked at Pastor Brian who was in deep thought but with tears in his eyes.... He said "When was that?" I told him "5 years ago!" He said "...... Well, 6 years ago ...(I remember because it was the very year I started serving here as pastor).....one Sunday it was our turn to have service there....I preached a message of salvation....some of the patients were sleeping., others looking around and I thought...... "did anyone hear me?"......He said he went ahead and asked "Is there anyone that would like to receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior today?" He said one little lady in the back of the room had her hand up so he went to talk with her....ha aksed her name and she said "Idonna" He had led her to the Lord a year before she died. ...I had carried that burden all that time .... !! Talk about weeping ! ! ! God is so GOOD!! I said "I will never let that happen again!!" BUT .........My best friend Gloria, just died yesterday. Every time I would try and share she would change the subject on me. You see I was a Jehovah's Witness years ago and was instrumental in two of her sisters getting into it....and after my breaking free and finding Christ ...I would try and talk to her but she thought it was all the same, So here I am once again ....death of not just a friend but my best friend....and not knowing if she is in hell because of me.....Lord have mercy on me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Every Monday morning I attend a Bible study that is open to the Christian churches in the area and conducted by my daughter's pastor (pastor Brian). One morning the topic of 'obedience to the Lord 'came up before study began, I asked if I could share something I had been living with for 5 years. Pastor asked me to please feel free, and I related this:(Ill try and give the condensed version). A lady by the name of Idonna (who was like a second mother to me) was in a nursing home in the town we now live in when we moved here 9 years ago. I had been told that she had suffered several strokes and was unable to recognize anyone so I never went to see her....the churches here in town take turns having a Sunday service there , which includes a time of praise and worship as well as a sermon. One Sunday evening after our church ministry had been there, our pastor's son-in-law stood up and asked prayer for a dear lady there by the name of Idonna. ...I knew that it was my lady friend being the name is one that is uncommon. .....Instantly the Lord spoke to my heart and said "Go and tell her about me". ...I thought "It is just my wishing she were in her right mind so I could see her"...so I ignored it. Two days later Idonna died..........Her daughter told me later.. "Mom heard you had moved here and she hoped that you would go visit her."...I said I had been told she had had several strokes and didn't know anyone...She said "oh, that was when she first had them".........I thought.... "My disobedience to the Lord has cost Idonna eternal life in hell"....Just telling it I began to weep. I looked at Pastor Brian who was in deep thought but with tears in his eyes.... He said "When was that?" I told him "5 years ago!" He said "...... Well, 6 years ago ...(I remember because it was the very year I started serving here as pastor).....one Sunday it was our turn to have service there....I preached a message of salvation....some of the patients were sleeping., others looking around and I thought...... "did anyone hear me?"......He said he went ahead and asked "Is there anyone that would like to receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior today?" He said one little lady in the back of the room had her hand up so he went to talk with her....ha aksed her name and she said "Idonna" He had led her to the Lord a year before she died. ...I had carried that burden all that time .... !! Talk about weeping ! ! ! God is so GOOD!! I said "I will never let that happen again!!" BUT .........My best friend Gloria, just died yesterday. Every time I would try and share she would change the subject on me. You see I was a Jehovah's Witness years ago and was instrumental in two of her sisters getting into it....and after my breaking free and finding Christ ...I would try and talk to her but she thought it was all the same, So here I am once again ....death of not just a friend but my best friend....and not knowing if she is in hell because of me.....Lord have mercy on me.

Honey...the Lord does have mercy on you! You tried--you got out of the Witnesses, and you offered to rescue your friend, too! It is her choosing, and you mustn't take the blame--you were deluded as well at that time of your life.

Your friend knew the truth. You have just shown us a story of how God uses others when we fail! Jesus is sovereign...Hallelujah! Take your opportunities now when you see them, as that is now where you must be very sensitive---knowing an opportunity when it is before you. God is an excellent teacher! Because of this, there will be another great opportunity coming, I am sure, and you won't fail! Amen!

Blessings! :emot-highfive:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

You told her. It is NOT your responsibility to make her listen......

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I don't know what to say and I know that someone out there must have something better to say then that, but I felt like I should say something. I'm guessing that we have all been in some simular situation, or another. If it helps The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. And maybe your best friend did come to repentance? Just like Idonna did. I know that this isn't exactly the situation that you've been through, but I lost my best friend, too. Long story short, during a phone call I juged her for her sin (this was before I came to repentance). Now I can't tell her that I found Jesus, either.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  232
  • Birthday:  01/22/1965

Oh what a story! You have been instrumental in many peoples lives, and at least one was saved probably due to your wintness. We all have times that our actions certainly didn't win someone to Christ, but the Lord knows your heart, and I'll bet that there will be a few surprises instore for you when you go to meet the Lord. You might be welcomed by more then a few people you didn't think you had an effect on.

May the Lord bless you and keep you

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Your post certainly touched my heart. Yes, I believe the Lord uses us and when we fail - and ALL of us have, He didn't fail her. God provided another way for her to hear because

Isa 55:11 "My word, which comes from my mouth, is like the rain and snow. It will not come back to me without results. It will accomplish whatever I want and achieve whatever I send it to do." (GW)

See? God is good. Your tears can be tears of joy for her!

Your post certainly touched my heart. Yes, I believe the Lord uses us and when we fail - and ALL of us have, He didn't fail her. God provided another way for her to hear because

Isa 55:11 "My word, which comes from my mouth, is like the rain and snow. It will not come back to me without results. It will accomplish whatever I want and achieve whatever I send it to do." (GW)

See? God is good. Your tears can be tears of joy for her!

Tater.......Thank You SO MUCH and God bless You. I have never asked the Lord for a sign before but this anguish has moved me to do just that....I cried out "Please let me know if Gloria is there with You Lord...give me a sign." This morning I awoke with the scripture running through my heart "There is therefore no condemnation in those who are in Christ Jesus"...Then I checked my email and found your post. (confirmation)..!!..... God is FAITHFUL !!! and I thank you once again for your post.

Love in HIM

Treasured :emot-heartbeat:

Oh what a story! You have been instrumental in many peoples lives, and at least one was saved probably due to your wintness. We all have times that our actions certainly didn't win someone to Christ, but the Lord knows your heart, and I'll bet that there will be a few surprises instore for you when you go to meet the Lord. You might be welcomed by more then a few people you didn't think you had an effect on.

May the Lord bless you and keep you

Thank You Prodigal!! God bless You!!

Love in HIM

I don't know what to say and I know that someone out there must have something better to say then that, but I felt like I should say something. I'm guessing that we have all been in some simular situation, or another. If it helps The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. And maybe your best friend did come to repentance? Just like Idonna did. I know that this isn't exactly the situation that you've been through, but I lost my best friend, too. Long story short, during a phone call I juged her for her sin (this was before I came to repentance). Now I can't tell her that I found Jesus, either.

Thank You !!!

LOVE in HIM