IGNORED

"Let us make man"

Guest Seeker Of Truth

Guest Seeker Of Truth

Hi all , i'm new here and I'm interested in learning more about the bible and have a zillion questions , so I hope you don't think i'm a pain.

In the begining God said "let us make man".

I've been searching the scriptures but cannot find a reason for why God created us. Does anyone know the reason or motive as to why God created us?

Thank you.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  251
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/31/1943

My friend GOD BLESS YOU WELCOME TO THE BOARDS.

MAY YOU BE RICHLY BLESSED HERE.

NOW FROM WHAT I HAVE STUDIED THE LORD MADE US FOR HIS PLEASURE. ...

HERE A FEW VERESTO BACK WHAT UP I SAY

Phl 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2Th 1:11 Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of [this] calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of [his] goodness, and the work of faith with power:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hbr 12:10 For they verily for a few days chastened [us] after their own pleasure; but he for [our] profit, that [we] might be partakers of his holiness.

Guest Angeledei

From the Baltimore Catechism

Why did God make you?

God made me to know Him, to love Him, and to serve Him in this world, and to be happy with Him forever in the next.

LOL - simple enough for me. :laugh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  520
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/07/1974

I can think of at least 2 verse references that say God created us to....

Ephesians 2:8-10 says that we were created to do good works.

Ephesians 4:20-24 tells us that we were created to be like God in true holiness and righteousness.

There are others in the back of my mind, but I will have to update later if I think of them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

W0701.gifE0701.gifL0701.gifC0701.gifO0701.gifM0701.gifE0701.gif

God created us for fellowship with Him.

And welcome to the Worthy Boards, we look forward to your fellowship with us!

In Jesus

Kevin

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

(I will not get long-winded, I will not get long winded...I will not....)

There is a Biblical principal called "the principal of first mention." Basically it works like this: Whenever something is mentioned for the first time in the Bible it sets a standard, rule or spiritual application.

In the creation story of Genesis 1, when God created the man and the woman, He said "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness..."

Image refers to the outward form of a thing. Your shadow, for example, would show your image. Likewise, a mirro would reflect your image. Likeness refers also to outward qualities, but is also given as inward qualities or characteristics. The Bible reveals that man was fashioned by God to be God's image and His likeness.

The next part of Gen 1:26 is, "...and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth." Notice from this verse there are two very important issues of first mention. First we have man created in God's image and likeness, then we have God giving them dominion over the entire earth. We see here that God's creation of the man Adam was with a view to mankind as a whole. It can be said, then, that God created a corporate man.

God therefore created this corporate man with two specific intentions. The first is to have God's image and likeness. This refers to God's expression. The second is to have dominion over the entire earth. Yet there is another important factor here which must be considered. That factor is the factor of life.

In Genesis 2:8-9 God planted the garden in Eden and set man in it. He also set two trees in the center of the garden, the Tree of Life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Apparently, since God commanded Aam to partake of any tree in the garden, except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, God's intention was that the man eat of the right tree. the Tree of Life.

So we have to ask, what is this Tree of Life that God wanted Adam to eat of? According to the Bible, the Tree of life is a picture of Christ (John 15:1). Actually, we see that the tree of life begins the Bible and ends the Bible (Rev. 22:2). The tree of life is a thread that runs through the entire Bible. Therefore it must have some importance.

We can rightly say that the Tree of Life is a tree that contains the divine element. Man had already become a living soul according to verse 7, and so he already had life. So clearly the life embodied in this tree was something much more than the life-sustaining elements embodied in the other trees.

I have three girls. These three girls exhibit many of the same physical characteristics as I have. Yet they also display many of my inward attributes as well. My oldest is very tempermental - just like me. My children have my likeness and the have my expression. And someday my children will also have the same authority that I have.

Just like in my example above, God's clear intention for man was first to have a corporate expression of Himself, to display His authority over the entire earth, and for man to be filled with His life. God could not have a true corporate expression of Himself unless that corporate man was filled with His own life.

Yet we know that Adam did not eat of the right tree. So God's intention for man was frustrated. Man essentially gave up his position of authority and dominion over all the earth, and man became an expression of sin and Satan. Therefore, God sent His Son in the image of fallen man, yet without sin, to redeem man and bring him back into the position of becoming God's corporate expression on the earth. On the cross, Christ conquered sin and death, and created the one new man. This one new man is just the aggregate composition of all the regenerated believers in Christ, with God's divine life and nature, to have God's expression on the earth. If you are in Christ you are a part of the new creation!

Eventually, by the work of the cross, the washing in the water of the word, and by the transforming life of the Holy Spirit, all the believers will become a holy city and a bride of Christ. This will completely consumate the entire age, and will fulfill God's intention for man in the universe.

Long story made short? You were created to contain the life of God, to be conformed to the image of His Son, to be transformed by the Spirit, to be sanctified - set apart, made holy - for God, to be resurrected and glorified, all to become a part of the corporate Bride of Christ for eternity!

Simple? Not at all! It's wonderful!!!!

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

welcome to our boards Seeker Of Truth :t3:

I've been searching the scriptures but cannot find a reason for why God created us. Does anyone know the reason or motive as to why God created us?

I'm not sure if anyone can truly know why God created us but we can think about why.

I think God may have created us to have a relationship with Him. So God was looking to relate, So maybe God was lonely? Well I do not know the mind of God so I don't know if God has ever felt loneliness? I'm sure we will find out why He created us when He deems is necessary for us to know.

All praise the Ancient Of Days

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  520
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/07/1974

Jesus told the woman at the well that God desires people to worship Him in spirit and in truth....

Guest Seeker Of Truth

Thanks all , but so far no real reason exept to have fellowship with God , i'm sure he has plenty of friends to fellowship with and doesn't need to make critters like us just to hang out with , that doesn't make sense.

So I been thinking , maybe just maybe , do you think we could be the fallen angels inhabiting a human body so we can learn the lessons we need to learn and that Jesus Christ is our way back home ? The parable of the lost son , etc , etc.

I know that might seem crazy but at least it would be a reason as to why he made us .

What do ya all think?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Thanks all , but so far no real reason exept to have fellowship with God , i'm sure he has plenty of friends to fellowship with and doesn't need to make critters like us just to hang out with , that doesn't make sense.

So I been thinking , maybe just maybe , do you think we could be the fallen angels inhabiting a human body so we can learn the lessons we need to learn and that Jesus Christ is our way back home ? The parable of the lost son , etc , etc.

I know that might seem crazy but at least it would be a reason as to why he made us .

What do ya all think?

No reason to have a relationship with God??? :blink:

What about the reasons I gave above? :unsure:

No. Fallen angels do not inhabit human bodies in order to restore their fellowship with God. Do you read the Bible? Maybe this is the first place for you to be seeking the truth.