xhistragedyx

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  129
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

FA~people need help. When we are dealing with a sucide spirit it is a life and death issue not to be taken lightly. Thanks for your encouragement..

Be Blessed in HIM

Karen

Dear Karen, just woundering of your thoughts on this, no problem with peoples comments but is possesion a matter of agreement, and if so then if a christians agrees then surely they can be possesed. tricky me! which leads us into a whole mine field of other stuff I don't want to get into. just a simple question and a simple answer would be just fine.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

stafy~Hi Brother!!

Here it is, plain as I can get on this issue.. This will sure bring me under fire..

The LAW has do's and don'ts... when we transgress the LAW we open doors. The LAW is still in effect because it is written on our HEARTS now.

Christian or not demons don't care how much scripture you know or how often you pray in the spirit or how faithful you are to sundayschool. If you don't confess and repent (deal with issue GOD'S way) you have opened a door for the little "yucky puckies".

It is a HEART condition towards the Lord that keeps us tender and our conscience clear that will keep the doors closed. They can come in through undealt with offences, (no matter how justified you may feel in them), unforgiveness,(opens the door for torment), bitterness, (also brings a BIG dose of disease), unsubmitted emotional wounds, (just a blanket "I forgive 'em don't cut it"), plain 'ol SIN is the #1 door for demons.

My question to you is do Christians ever SIN????

Your Friend in HIM,

;) karen

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

stafy~Hi Brother!!

Here it is, plain as I can get on this issue.. This will sure bring me under fire..

The LAW has do's and don'ts... when we transgress the LAW we open doors.

Christian or not. The demons don't care how much scripture you know or how often you pray in the spirit or how faithful you are to sundayschool. If you don't confess and repent you have opened a door for the little "yucky puckies".

It is a HEART condition towards the Lord that keeps us tender and our conscience clear that will keep the doors closed. They can come in through undealt with offences, (no matter how justified you may feel in them), unforgiveness,(opens the door for torment), bitterness, (also brings a BIG dose of disease), unsubmitted emotional wounds, (just a blanket "I forgive 'em don't cut it"), plain 'ol SIN is the #1 door for demons.

My question to you is do Christians ever SIN????

Your Friend in HIM,

:24: karen

:emot-partyblower:;) Amen!

I would say that fear, doubt, and unbelief open the doors more often than sin.

FEAR-DOUBT-UNBELIEF are sin.

That which is not of faith IS sin...

:thumbsup: I was going to post that same thing, but was too chicken! Thank you.

:thumbsup: I was going to post that same thing, but was too chicken! Thank you.

Those are the very reasons why the Hebrews didn't enter the promise land and they were slain in the desert by the destroying angel and by serpents. The Word of God says this was all written down for our own warning not to fallin into the same errors. Heb3:16-19 & I will post more if needed..

Blessings Karen

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I have to interject something here - we get so uptight over the "possessed" vs "oppressed" terminologies when really that has no bearing on what the person is going through. I know because I've been a victim of the spirit of death practically my whole life, and I could care beans about the mechanics - I just wanted free of it!

I've been through more than one deliverance session, yet the chronic depression and all it entails just wouldn't go away. Looking back I realize I had "strongholds" in my life that were keeping me bound. Does that mean the deliverance sessions were useless? NO. They gave me another chance at hope. Sometimes encouraging words were given that gave me a much needed breath of life to carry on. And perhaps they laid the foundation for deliverance.

What finally broke the spirit of death off me was a moment alone with the Lord. I didn't even know that this would be the outcome! But I was finally at the place in my life where I could accept the pain in my life rather than hate it. Mentally, I was aware of the value of suffering - working character in our lives and all that - but when it came to those deep hurts, the rejection, the loneliness, the verbal abuse - I couldn't find any value whatsoever. Yet the Lord enlightened my eyes to see that even this brokenness worked to bring me deeper into Him and His ways. For whatever reason, my heart for the first time was at a place where I could accept this.

It was a struggle, but I weakly managed to verbally give thanks to the Lord for the pain in my life. Never in my life before could I have said this and truly meant it. At that moment, I no longer "felt" the pain of what I'd been through. Instead, I felt peace, real peace. The next morning, I actually noticed I no longer had that underlying desire to die. It was completely gone!

There is a treasure that comes from having a happy life. But the treasures gained from having drawn closer to the Lord from having been through pain are far, far greater! I wouldn't give these up for the treasure of happy memories, not in a long shot!

So, what I hope to bring out with this is to show that the spirit of death can be broken. Rebuking the spirit is a part of what is needed. But when a person has been living under this curse for a long, long time, there is quite likely a "hook", something that the spirit was latching onto the person with, that needs to be dealt with. Unfortunately, these hooks are tend to be a part of our sin nature (note, I am acknowledging my problem as a sin nature problem). In order to unhook the person you want to minister to, the life of Christ has to be worked into the person where the hook is embedded. Unfortunately, that takes time and work. (I wonder if this is what Jesus meant with the boy given to seizures, that this type can only come out through prayer and fasting?)

So when ministering to such a person, speak life into them, encourage them, rebuke the death, love on them, give them hope to carry on. You may never know what the "hook" is, or even if you do know the hook you may not know how to "fix" the problem. That's OK. Just give what you can in faith that your efforts are one of many steps the Lord is using to bring deliverance. Sure, it would be nice if it the person could be freed then and there. Unfortunately, when it involves a change of heart from the person, as you should know from your own life, that doesn't come easy.

If you yourself are bound by this spirit, my word is: don't give up! Trust in the Lord to bring your deliverance. Keep seeking Him. Use the pain to run to Him. When His presence takes control of the area in your life that brought in the spirit of death, then it will flee. For me it meant I had to embrace my pain with love - and that's taken me a long time to do so. Things like that cannot be forced or willed, it is something that has to come from within you.

Prayers and grace go out to you. The Lord is good!

:thumbsup: Nebula!

Karen: :noidea:

Even though Jesus did clasify fear as sin, the church no longer looks at it as sin, they look at it as natural emotion.

That's weird one! so, Jesus classifies something as sin, and that changes? The church has the power to convert a sin to a benign emotion? I think one needs to rethink this a bit. what God decrees does not change, and the church cannot change it.

I hope you are just making a comment on the sad state of some churches!