• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/01/1984

I went to a healing meeting at my church lastnite.. and I went up the front..the speaker kind of picked on me for a good few minutes and cast out the spirit of 'death/suicide' and fear. I dont really know much about this what do you think he was getting at? how doe's the spirit of death come upon you? i also didnt really feel like it had gone. I have been struggling with suicidal thoughts for the past year but i know its not my own mind thinking such things as i love life! this speaker also said that the demonic are trying to do everything they can to bring me down out of the light of Jesus and there is a real fight for my soul going on and a deep spiritual oppression. Can anyone eleberate? I am getting a copy of the tape as i was in tears and a bit of a mess so i didnt really catch alot of what he was saying!

blessings!

Alisha

Edited by xhistragedyx

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

xhistragedyx, you were ministered to the way the Lord led them. You may not feel any different but that doesn't mean change isn't taking place. Glad you're getting a copy of the tape because it is difficult to remember everything that's said. Write out what was said about you particulary how the Lord is working in your life. This way you can have a copy with you all the time and when needed, read it again and again. Don't let the enemy bring doubt by saying you don't feel any different. Perhaps you know in your heart, God used this vessel to speak to you. Focus on how the Lord is working in your life. You have been blessed and will continue to be blessed from this word of knowledge.

Edited by terter

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/01/1984

thanks guys

i dont think this man was at all a 'showman' infact i think the lord really did use this man as a vessel in my situation.

He didnt know me from a bar of soap id never even spoken to this person before but he knew and addressed everything about me that i had/was experiencing.

there are many spirits and i believe death is one of them. It's just a term.. like someone mite be suicidal and Satan might try his hardest to attack this person wanting them dead. That is the spirit of death some demon who bascially wants you dead.

I dont see why you have a reason to be angry..I am not a strong hot christian right now and people have said that God must have a really big plan for me if satan is trying his hardest to knock me down. I see what happened as a good thing maybe slightly embarrasing lol but these things needed to be addressed.

Edited by xhistragedyx

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

If you are a believer, you cannot be possessed by any Spirit but the Holy One. Period. End of discussion. There is not a single example of a believer having a spirit cast from him or her in scripture. This is our example not the "revelation" of people today.

This observation is deduced from the teaching of Scripture which speaks of the work of salvation in the child of God. II Corinthians 5:17 calls one who is saved a "new creation." In Ephesians 1:13 we read that we are "saved with the Holy Spirit of promise." The words of Colossians 1:12,13 form such a promise: "Giving thanks unto the Father which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: who hath delivered us from the power of darkness and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son." Because of this change, our response to Christ is not fear, but the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba Father (Rom. 8:15).

From Matthew 12:24-32, Jesus was accused of casting out demons by Beelzebub, a demon. Jesus calls this "blasphemy," for that constitutes a divided house. How much more that would be true if Jesus would allow a demon to be enthroned in the heart of one of His dear children where He reigns. It is impossible to conceive of this. This must in no way detract from the clear teaching of the Bible that we Christians "wrestle against demons" (Eph. 6:12). Satan goes about as a "roaring lion" whose attack is focused upon Christians (I Pet. 5:8). He even buffets us through our "thorns in the flesh" (II Cor. 12:7-10).

Also, the bible does not name demons, therefore we should not and we should not hold in any regard or authority anyone who engages in this non biblical practice. The only time names were ever associated with demons was "legion" when Christ cast the group of demons out. Legion was not a name, this was an indication that there was many demons in residence.

Based on these two truths alone, I can say with surety that this man was a flim flam artist preaching false doctrine in the church. Therefore you should not spend any time worrying about or thinking about anything he said to you as it came from someplace other than truth. Scripture teaches us to seperate ourselves and not listen to false teachers, not to listen to them because they appear to know something about you. Remember that God is not the only one who knows who you are and knows things about you.

I dont care if this went on in church or in the name of God. It's false teaching and thus not worth your time.

IF YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN you were NOT POSSESSED, and a demon therefore could not be cast out of you. However, IF you were possessed and therefore not a believer, then you need to repent and seek God quick smart because if you don't you run the risk of more severe possession at a later date.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

xhistragedyx, so glad they were able to minister to you and touch your heart. The Lord will reveal to you what His plan is for your life but there's a lot of growing in intimacy with Him. I'm sure you will begin to focus more on Him - as we all need to.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

I went to a healing meeting at my church lastnite.. and I went up the front..the speaker kind of picked on me for a good few minutes and cast out the spirit of 'death/suicide' and fear. I dont really know much about this what do you think he was getting at? how doe's the spirit of death come upon you? i also didnt really feel like it had gone. I have been struggling with suicidal thoughts for the past year but i know its not my own mind thinking such things as i love life! this speaker also said that the demonic are trying to do everything they can to bring me down out of the light of Jesus and there is a real fight for my soul going on and a deep spiritual oppression. Can anyone eleberate? I am getting a copy of the tape as i was in tears and a bit of a mess so i didnt really catch alot of what he was saying!

blessings!

Alisha

I dealt with the spirit of Suicide and if it weren't for my brothers death, I don't know that I would have chose life and wouldn't have just given it to it. The Lord healed me of post partum depression and all the yuckies that go along with that. I fould getting into his presence in my private time that Jesus truely healed me. He also showed me that I an agreement with that thing and I had to renounce it and break it in Jesus name.

When it came to the fear, I had to deal with it with the word of God, like 2 Timothy 1:7. I had to meditate on scriptures like these and I would speak to the devil when he would bring me that fear; I would say God hath not given me a spirit of fear, but of Power and of Love and a sound mind. I would rebuke him out of the house in Jesus name. (we do have the right to use the name that is above all names-remember even the devil knows the weight of that name)

Believe by faith that it is gone. If you have had any involvement with the occult, in things as less complicated as an ojigi board, etc., get rid of it out of your house, renounce your involvement and of course repent. Ask the Holy Spirit to bring to rememberance those things are not good in your home. You may have nothing like this.

Unforgiveness is a heavy thing too along with sin that has been unrepented.

Is this a pattern in the family- Ask the Lord to break that generational curse in the name of Jesus.

We must SUBMIT TO GOD (this would be submitting to him our whole lifes, asking for forgiveness of any past occultic practices or any sins or unforgiveness in your heart, submitting to his authority-to removing things in your home that may have been from occultic practices-where it doesn't belong-giving and casting all your cares to God, who cares for you)RESIST THE ENEMY (when he comes against you, be just like Christ in the wilderness and say; it is written (word of God)and rebuke him)AND HE WILL FLEE.

Don't fall into fear concerning this, yeah, people are quick to say satan is like a lion looking for who he can devour-but you know we serve the LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH-who already defeated him-We must always put satan in his place and not give him any entrance into our life through sin. Satan is to be under our feet!!

Meditate on words of Life, worship and praise God in your private time, spend quality time with the Lord in prayer and quiet time and consider fasting/prayer every so often-even right now, would not be a bad idea=but ask the Lord about that first and allow the Holy Spirit to lead you.

blessings

candi770

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  217
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I do hope that when Christian people speak of dealing with a "spirit of" whatever they're speaking figuratively, cause if they aren't they aren't speaking in allignment with the Bible. I would never go back to a church that ACTUALLY meant I had a demon of any sort. Bad doctrine, very bad.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

As Christians, we can't become possessed. The enemy can speak lies to us, but it's up to us to reject them or listen to them. When we choose to listen, we can become oppressed by these lies. We always have the power to reject these thoughts and lies, as Christ has put Satan under His feet.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  217
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

As Christians, we can't become possessed. The enemy can speak lies to us, but it's up to us to reject them or listen to them. When we choose to listen, we can become oppressed by these lies. We always have the power to reject these thoughts and lies, as Christ has put Satan under His feet.

You have that right. I do wonder though, if it's demon OPPRESSION and not POSSESSION, then why would anything need to be cast OUT when it wasn't IN to begin with. Therefore I would not go back to that church.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

You have that right. I do wonder though, if it's demon OPPRESSION and not POSSESSION, then why would anything need to be cast OUT when it wasn't IN to begin with. Therefore I would not go back to that church.

Me neither. If it isn't in, it doesn't need to be cast out. That's right. :thumbsup: