xhistragedyx

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

It's very hard to unring a clear biblical bell!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Guys -

Can we get the discussion BACK to the OP.

Arthur, I don't know why you had to use this thread for your anti-Charismatic platform yet again. It's annoying. There are people reading this thread who may just be living with the daily horror of wishing they could die who need to be ministered to. Please stop de-railing this thread.

To everyone else, please just ignore this debate and stick with the issue of the OP, OK?

Thanks!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Thanks, nebula! Back on track! :thumbsup:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks indeed, Nebula. I do believe it originated (in so many words) from the issue of demonism & a certain meeting's loss of control. Again I do appreciate your interjection. Point accpted.

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

I would say that fear, doubt, and unbelief open the doors more often than sin.

FEAR-DOUBT-UNBELIEF are sin.

That which is not of faith IS sin...

Fear, Doubt, and unbelief are not active sin. They are lack of faith. You do not commit fear, you do not commit doubt, you do not commit unbelief. If you were to categorize them as sin, you would have to categorize them as sins of ommission. You all were plainly talking about sins of commission in the earlier posts. Even though Jesus did clasify fear as sin, the church no longer looks at it as sin, they look at it as natural emotion.

God has not given us a spirit of FEAR, but of love, power and a sound mind.

Fear is SIN.. it brings in a stronghold that opens the doors to many other demons. It is one of the most common demons to cast out.

Step one in receiving a spirit of fear is that you come in agreement with it...

The Word says to take every thought captive. What that means in the spiritual warfare arena of the average Christian is this; a thought comes in that brings fear, or some thought of a sexual perversion that you know was not your thought.. that is a enemy dart. I tell people use a 5 second rule. Evaluate ALL thoughts by this rule.. if it is not your own.. kick it out.

Blessings, Karen :whistling:

I would say that fear, doubt, and unbelief open the doors more often than sin.

FEAR-DOUBT-UNBELIEF are sin.

That which is not of faith IS sin...

This gets complicated.

There is a difference between what you feel and what you

act on

Then you have to wonder how much of the fear, doubt and unbelief are results of something previous. It does get complicated.

So I would say feeling fear does not open doors, but acting on the fear would.

OK, let's try to keep things in perspective here, all right?

If a child has an abusive parent, is it a sin for the child to be afraid of that parent?

If friends try to peer pressure someone into breaking the law, is it a sin to use fear of going to jail as an excuse to not give in?

As for "no fear" there are times in which that is an expression of arrogance.

So the OP was asking how to deal with the spirit of death, right?

There is a place for theologizing different avenues doors can be open in general. But when it comes to ministering, it takes discernment to uncover the cause. Often times fear is an "outgrowth" of the original problem or problems. Demons do carry a presence of fear with them, you know. It's kind of weird to discover the fear you feel is not your own fear. It's a lot easier to overcome when you do realize it though.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

OK, let's try to keep things in perspective here, all right?

If a child has an abusive parent, is it a sin for the child to be afraid of that parent?

If friends try to peer pressure someone into breaking the law, is it a sin to use fear of going to jail as an excuse to not give in?

As for "no fear" there are times in which that is an expression of arrogance.

So the OP was asking how to deal with the spirit of death, right?

There is a place for theologizing different avenues doors can be open in general. But when it comes to ministering, it takes discernment to uncover the cause. Often times fear is an "outgrowth" of the original problem or problems. Demons do carry a presence of fear with them, you know. It's kind of weird to discover the fear you feel is not your own fear. It's a lot easier to overcome when you do realize it though.

I know this may sound difficult to understand but even in the circumtance of an abused child becoming fearful of the abusive parent is still a spirit of fear. It is life traummas and emotional wounds which give them access. What you have to understand is that demons do not play fair.

I do a full background interview with all those I minister to. As you encounter the different circumstances in which people have been taken captive you always find more than one demon. No exceptions.

Blessings Karen

I know this may sound difficult to understand but even in the circumtance of an abused child becoming fearful of the abusive parent is still a spirit of fear. It is life traummas and emotional wounds which give them access.

Actually, I agree. The argument was over whether or not fear itself was the sin that caused access. I was trying to say that sometimes fear is the "after affect" rather than the cause.

What you have to understand is that demons do not play fair.

I do a full background interview with all those I minister to. As you encounter the different circumstances in which people have been taken captive you always find more than one demon. No exceptions.

Blessings Karen

I'm with you there! I know one minister who goes through a confession and rebuking of everything in order to make sure all possible entryways - known and unknown - are dealt with.

And I know "fear" and "death" weren't the only demons I needed deliverance from.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Even though Jesus did clasify fear as sin, the church no longer looks at it as sin, they look at it as natural emotion.

That's weird one! so, Jesus classifies something as sin, and that changes? The church has the power to convert a sin to a benign emotion? I think one needs to rethink this a bit. what God decrees does not change, and the church cannot change it.

I hope you are just making a comment on the sad state of some churches!

I said the church as a whole no longer sees it as sin. I can not count how many dumb preachers I have heard say "a little fear is healthy." I had to sit through on awful sermon about the "sinful people wearing NO FEAR" shirts. You would have to admit that most christians do not see someone being afraid of a snake sin.

Yeah, I knew you must have meant something like that! :emot-hug: