• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Sorry, Butero, but this one time I have to disagree with you. I was a rapture believer until I joined Worthy and over the four+ years I have seen the theory flawed too often. However everyone doesn't change and I would never fall out with anyone who sees things different to me. Not if they are christians I hasten to add

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never let the Lord out of my sight, Butero. :wub:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Here's the only plan you'll EVER need: "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, AND HE WILL DIRECT YOUR PATHS."

The only way anyone will survive.

LT

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

There are plenty of threads on here about PRE, MID, POST TRIB rapture. There is no need in turning this into another one.

I'm new here and unaware of said threads at the moment. I'll check them out though.

Pre, mid, post rapture......whichever will happen I think everyone should be prepared. If we are here for the tribulation we need to prepare ourselves and also for our friends and family who may not fully believe in Christ.

Most of us believers do not care to die and be with the Lord, but I'm pretty sure none of us want to be tortured or die a horrible death, which is what will occur during the Tribulation.

Again this isn't an arguementive thread. I'm simply encouraging everyone to be prepared because I see too many people who are postive we won't witness any of the Tribulation and thus will be ill prepared should we have to suffer thru it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  583
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

EndDays,

I do hope you have been welcomed to Worthy properly, to which I will add my "hello".

Thank you for your concern and contribution to the threads with this post. As you can see you have entered into a very contentious topic which usually divides the passionate in Christ into their separate camps. Good opinions and advice are given, but in the end it is a "personal" choice which belief and interpretation of the Scriptures involved that we believe to be accurate. Many claim to posses the absolute truth on the matter, fact is many will be wrong.

But will it matter to our salvation in the end....NO

"In my opinion"

As one who does not hold to a rapture theory, I am guided by this Scriptural "timing" reference:

(2Th 2:1-3)

Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Blessings to you

in Christ,

-C-

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  05/03/1961

Allow me to set the stage....

The time is the new world order under one religion. The antichrist is killing all who do not pledge his alliance. You cannot buy, sell, or trade without his mark.

What would you do? Where would you go? How do you protect your family? How would you survive? Do you have a plan if this horrible event should ever occur?

My plan is to go in the Rapture. Just as a hypothetical, if this should happen; no big deal. I put very little value on this present life. So what, I get killed for professing Christ. I would then be in heaven. I do not see anything real difficult about the decision. Let us use see here, take the mark, live a few years in torment, burn in hell. Sounds pretty stupid to me. My family and kids are Killed for Christ, still no big deal; they are instantly in the presence of King Jesus. So many people put too much value on this fleeting life we cling so dearly to. If I were to die today, great; I am in the presence of my Savior in heaven. I have work to do on this earth, so I stay. I am like Paul, I put no real value on this present life when weighed against eternity.

Well said.

Guest lovinghim4ever
Here's the only plan you'll EVER need: "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, AND HE WILL DIRECT YOUR PATHS."

Amen Brother! Amen! :):)

Isn't it funny though, that there are sooo many people that think they know that little bit extra more than anyone else. :)

Guest lovinghim4ever
Isn't it funny though, that there are sooo many people that think they know that little bit extra more than anyone else. :emot-hug:

We are always learning and growing.

All I know is what I know, no more, no less, and sometimes I'm not too sure about that. :24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

"In my opinion"
As one who does not hold to a rapture theory, I am guided by this Scriptural "timing" reference:
(2Th 2:1-3)
Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Blessings to you
in Christ,
-C-
Also keeping in mind that the verses (2Th 2:1-3) can also have an entirely different meaning and is not a statement of opposition to the Timing of the Rapture whatsoever, but clearly defines the state of apostasy within the Church in latter days, prior to the day of the Lord (Day of Christ). This passage has two events which are said to occur before the day of the Lord, which always refers to the Tribulation.
Hi C_J,
I fail to see how you extrapolate this from the passage above, 2Th 2:1-3. It is specific and plain. The day of the Lord is NOT THE ENTIRE TRIBULATION. It is the day of the return of Jesus Christ. Your "entirely different meaning" is something out of your own mind and not something that can be sustained by this scripture.

Paul is exhorting the Thessalonians to NOT BE DECEIVED, for that day will not happen unless 2 things happen FIRST.

The "falling away" can be defined as the state of apostasy within the Church and the revealing of the man of sin, a revealing as to the identity of the Antichrist prior the Tribulation. The falling away (the departure from truth) first, followed by the revealing of the Antichrist. There is no indication of how it will be revealed but seeing that Revelation indicates that he will be revealed by the number of his name we have to base that the understanding of his identity will come from that Prophecy in Revelation.

Chronological Summary of 2Th 2:1-3
Prior the Tribulation:falling away : departure from truth by the Church {Laodicea Rev. 3:14-22}, Ref: 1Timothy 4:1, But the Spirit saith expressly, that in later times some shall fall away from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons,

Our gathering together unto Him

man of sin revealed
Tribulation
Peace
CJ
You cannot derive this chronology from this scripture. You have transposed the order of things as to adhere to your false understanding of the rapture.

From the passage the chronology is:
1. falling away

2. revealing of the man of sin.

3. the coming of our Lord & our gathering TOGETHER unto Him.

LT