• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I didn't have time to read all this yet. It appeared interesting, but he did appear to get some pretty basic stuff wrong. For instance there was only ONE seven-branched candlestick inside the temple, not the multiple ones he shows.......

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

It is easier to see if you go back to the Sanctuary or Tabernacle which God had the Israelites build to teach them about Himself, His kingdom and the process of Salvation.

A quick example, there was a coutryard, and within it the Tabernacle, consisting of Holy Place and Most Holy Place. God actually dwelt in the Most Holy Place above the Ark of the Testimony, on the 'mercy seat'. In the Ark were the, 'two tables of the Law', 'Aaron's rod that budded' and a 'Golden Pot of Manna'. This symbolized that the foundation of God's kingdom was His Law. From the 'Mercy Seat' He would forgive the sins of the penitent when the priest sprinkled the blood of the Sacrifice.

In the New Covenant, God says that we are temples of God. Thus we are God's dwelling place. God now dwells in the heart of the believer. The human being is also made up of three elements, the body, and the heart, consiting of Spirit and mind or intellect, corresponding to the Courtyard and the Tabernacle. The heart then determines all the issues of life. The mind or intellect will be led by the Spirit that dwells in the man.

The problem with man since the fall, is that he is born with a spirit foreign to God. It is an unclean spirit, or unholy Spirit. Thus the mind is filled with the evil of the world and directs the body to seek the things of the world. This is why the first thing God does after forgiving sin is to infill the believer with a new Spirit, the Holy Spirit. God now dwells in the heart of the believer to direct his mind to holy pursuits and thus the body to holy actions.

Thus is fulfilled the 'New Covenant' experience, the Law of God written in the heart of the 'New Born' child of God. Now, through the Spirit, he is to grow in righteousness, holiness and love, into the 'full stature of Chrsit Jesus'.

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

This is a brief sketch of an indepth study that I am engaged in.

God Bless and keep,

Dennis

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

The Ark of the Covenant of course is a wonderful symbol of Christ. I think most Christians are aware of that. Are you also aware of what a wonderful picture of the Virgin Mary it is?

The ark is 'overshadowed' by the Shekinah Glory, as Mary was 'overshadowed' by the Holy Ghost. Inside the Ark is Aaron's Rod that budded with miraculous new life, inside Mary was New and Miraculously conceived life. The Law was in the Ark, just as the Fulfillment of the Law was in Mary. The pot of manna 'the bread of heaven' was inside the ark, while the "True Bread from Heaven" was inside Mary......

• Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Wow, Leonard, I never thought of that!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  83
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/07/1961

I didn't have time to read all this yet. It appeared interesting, but he did appear to get some pretty basic stuff wrong. For instance there was only ONE seven-branched candlestick inside the temple, not the multiple ones he shows.......

2Ch 4:7 And he made ten candlesticks of gold according to their form, and set [them] in the temple, five on the right hand, and five on the left.

There was one menorah in the tabernacle, but ten in Solomon

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  83
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/07/1961

The Ark of the Covenant of course is a wonderful symbol of Christ. I think most Christians are aware of that. Are you also aware of what a wonderful picture of the Virgin Mary it is? The ark is 'overshadowed' by the Shekinah Glory, as Mary was 'overshadowed' by the Holy Ghost. Inside the Ark is Aaron's Rod that budded with miraculous new life, inside Mary was New and Miraculously conceived life. The Law was in the Ark, just as the Fulfillment of the Law was in Mary. The pot of manna 'the bread of heaven' was inside the ark, while the "True Bread from Heaven" was inside Mary......

I would suggest that the ark pictures Christ himself - the bread of God (manna), the word of God (Ten Commandments), and the appointed Priesthood of God (Aaron's staff). If the outer court of the temple represented the first heaven (sky), the holy place represented the second heaven (with pictures of stars, the moon, and the sun carved into the walls), the Holy of Holies represented the third heaven and the aboad of God. And there with Him is the mercy seat - our access into his presence.