IGNORED

What do you object to regarding Christianity and Jesus?

ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

It seems that your position is that God could do anything at all and it wouldn't be immoral for him. If that is the case, then it seems that you have set the standard as low as possible for a Deity to qualify as being "good". Now why would you need to do that? Why would you need to set such a low standard for the Christian God?

He has the right to remove the sinner, who is condemned already by their sin. That is not a sin. He is applying the judgment we all face already. That isnt a low standard.

Let me ask you, does God have the right to lie to Christians? To tell them that they are going to heaven, when really he is going to burn them all in hell? Does the Creator have the right to do what he wishes with his creation?

God cannot act out of His character. He has promised, made a covenant with us, that we are saved through Jesus.

Not only do you not see Him as wholy righteous, but you view Him with more disdain than you give anyone else. You would benefit from reading my post to runners high as well.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Floatingaxe, it certainly feels like you are playing games here. When I said God killed, you acted as though that was the most absurd statement you'd ever heard. Look:

God has killed hundreds of thousands, perhaps even millions, of people in the Bible. (Whereas Satan has only explicitly killed a handful) So killing is a sin for humans, apparently, but not for God.

Now I think I have heard everything! :emot-hug::24::24:

But then I showed you all the passages that say God killed people, and suddenly you act as though that was obvious, even though minutes earlier you acted as though that statement were absurd! Why the sudden shift? Did I call your bluff?

Would you think it absurd for a creator of some thing to destroy his creation at will?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/07/1969

PHILIPPIANS 1:15-19 (KJV)

15Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will: 16The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds: 17But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defense of the gospel. 18What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached ; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice. 19For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Floatingaxe, it certainly feels like you are playing games here. When I said God killed, you acted as though that was the most absurd statement you'd ever heard. Look:

God has killed hundreds of thousands, perhaps even millions, of people in the Bible. (Whereas Satan has only explicitly killed a handful) So killing is a sin for humans, apparently, but not for God.

Now I think I have heard everything! :emot-hug::24::24:

But then I showed you all the passages that say God killed people, and suddenly you act as though that was obvious, even though minutes earlier you acted as though that statement were absurd! Why the sudden shift? Did I call your bluff?

What was absurd was that you would consider God exacting punishment for unrighteousness as evil, and then on the other hand, comparing Him to Satan who is less evil, because he has only murdered a handful! It is preposterous! Satan is the one who murders. God punishes with righteousness...He has that right, being the only one who is holy. The point is, God cannot sin, but Satan IS the father of lies, and sin. There is no comparison.

Ecc 3:1 Everything that happens in this world happens at the time God chooses.

Ecc 3:2 He sets the time for birth and the time for death, the time for planting and the time for pulling up,

Ecc 3:3 the time for killing and the time for healing, the time for tearing down and the time for building.

Exo 32:34 Now go, lead the people to the place I told you about. Remember that my angel will guide you, but the time is coming when I will punish these people for their sin."

There is a difference between MURDER and KILLING.

Guest Jude 1:3
Priests do not save. Only Jesus does. I was not tearing down priests by my comment. They are to serve believers and guide them, but they do not save anyone.

Serve and guide us?

Where in the New Testament are Priests ever mentioned?

Priests do not save. Only Jesus does. I was not tearing down priests by my comment. They are to serve believers and guide them, but they do not save anyone.

Serve and guide us?

Priests are mentioned 83 times in the KJV of the new testament.

Edited by allmylove4ugrowsdeeper

Serve and guide us?

In one of the Timothy epistles, overseers and deacons. Those who lead congregations are to serve the flock. Also see what a pastor is supposed to be in the epistles.

That is the gravity of sin. Sin is a serious offense to God. He could have left it at that, and left us to judgment and punishment. He chose to provide a way out of that punishment, for those who love Him. He chose to provide Himself on the cross. He chose to make a way for forgiveness of sins and reconciliation to Himself.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

To punish parts of it eternally? Yes.

The punishment is self inflicted. We have a choice. You are in control of your eternal destiny. There is a FREE gift of ETERNAL salvation. You don't work for it. All you do is believe and trust in the Savior for it. That's it.

You don't choose because of your pride or whatever, you are fully aware of the consequences of that decision. You have chosen the guilty verdict. God doesn't WANT that, the bible says He is patient and wants everyone to come to salvation. You will be without excuse.