IGNORED

What do you object to regarding Christianity and Jesus?

ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

No one who is fully aware of the suffering that awaits them in Hell would continue to sin.

You are aware. Yet you continue in unbelief.

All you do is believe and trust in the Savior for it. That's it.

...And obey the many regulations laid down in the Bible.

Romans 10

9 Because if you confess the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved.

10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses unto salvation.

Ephesians 2

8 For by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God,

9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Obeying regulations wont save you. Belief in Jesus is what saves, that commited surrender of self to Jesus.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  682
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

There is nothing that He could do that would be immoral. Is there somethings He does that you find immoral? Lets discuss this.

So God could do anything at all, and it wouldn't be wrong for him? Anything that God does is automatically good? If that is what you are saying, does it not become a bit meaningless to say that God is good? Do we not need a difference between the behaviour of a good God and a bad God, to say that a particular God is "good"?

This is one of my biggest problems with Christianity. "Good" is what God says good is. If this is true, there can be no absolute definition of Good and Bad, only moral rulings ex cathedra. This is what I mean when I say religion undermines morality, it doesn't create it.

God has killed hundreds of thousands, perhaps even millions, of people in the Bible. (Whereas Satan has only explicitly killed a handful) So killing is a sin for humans, apparently, but not for God.

This is when my moral alarm goes off.

What is being missed in this whole discussion is that trying to evaluate and judge God's actions is a little crazy. God is the omniscient and eternal one. How can we judge anything that He chooses to do as good.

God is love, unconditionally. Seeing this work in my life, I find can find no fault with God. What I have read and heard in His Word has rung true for me in my life and in my reflections on life. So, to me, yes--God is good and God never lies.

You are aware. Yet you continue in unbelief.

I am damned to the Hells of a hundred of religions. You are damned by just one less. We are both willingly disbelievers of many faiths and, according to those faiths, we will both be punished.

My God has told me that those other religions lead to death, that their gods are dead. Unbelief in those other religions wont hurt me. It means Im following my God.

Whether or not you like it you have been witnessed to and warned about the consequences of not choosing Jesus. You should investigate and be sure of your choice, given the eternal consequence of your choice.

Whether or not you like it you have been witnessed to and warned about the consequences of not choosing Jesus. You should investigate and be sure of your choice, given the eternal consequence of your choice.

Fair enough, but do you think you have thoroughly investigated all the other religions? I am guessing that, if you weren't born Christian, you are probably at least from a Christian family and/or community. Can you really say you know these other religions are false?

If you have read my testimony, you would know that I wasnt a Christian until I was 30. I did look at other beliefs before then, and I have looked at other beliefs after being saved. The other beliefs are false.

I object to the lack of scientific evidence.....

Do you base everything in your life on scientific evidence?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Why do Atheists always assume that if we weren't born Christian we wouldn't be Christian?

I wasn't born Christian, I wasn't raised Christian. I can point to many of my friends from India and they were born and raised Hindu. My African friends were raised either under some tribal god or Islam and are now Christians. There are many Christians that were raised that way who are now atheist.

Atheists - make up your mind. If we are genetically predisposed to certain religious beliefs then stop using the environment argument. If we are simply raised to believe them, then stop using the genetics argument.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Fair enough, but do you think you have thoroughly investigated all the other religions? I am guessing that, if you weren't born Christian, you are probably at least from a Christian family and/or community. Can you really say you know these other religions are false?

Can you honestly say you've investigated the claims of The Bible and Christianity to say it's false? Did you ever read the essay/links posted by apothanein kerdos?

I assume your pursuit in Biology would make it pretty uncomfortable to be Christian and be accepted in most of those academic/professional circles. Are you hoping to clear your conscience by saying that you successfully debated Christianity and found that a lack of "EVIDENCE" led to your decision to reject it?

Jesus was a real person in history. Pontius Pilate was a real person in history. These are just a few of the many references to people, places, and things that are backed up by archeology and historical records to limit any doubt of this truth. It boils down to, was Jesus who he said he was? Of course I believe He was beyond what I learned in my upbringing. Because I've done my homework. Not for the sake of debate, but to clear up the weaknesses in my belief.

There are too many extraordinary documented testimonies of changed lives, including my own to write it of to coincidence.

What have you done, besides engage in mockery and debate by going to the standard atheist toolbox, to show YOURSELF, not your professor, not your atheist friends, not to score debate points, that the evidence of the bible are worthy of serious consideration? To quote another person posting here on Worthy...learn then return.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/08/1971

This is your chance for the nonbelievers to state what you object to about Christianity

Here are at least some of my objections, in no particular order.

1) All who don't believe or damned. This includes all people who have never even heard of Jesus. All people living in most areas of the world before, say, the 1500's. All non-Jews predating Christ. All people growing up predisposed to a different religion because that is the religion of their family, community or nation. If God really wants everybody and Christianity is "The One True Way", then it would have to be equally accessible to ALL people. Unless God doesn't actually want everybody, which is the idea behind Calvinism.

2) God can't tolerate sin, but he set up the system in the first place. It makes no sense to say God created us with choice, because he doesn't want robotic servants with no choice, yet He can't tolerate the sin of even the tiniest sinful choice. So, he has to arrange a murder to "pay" for our sins? How does the death of an innocent "pay" for the sins of others, anyway? And if it was death He needed, why not just have Jesus die in his sleep? Does the Bible say, "The wages of sin is torture?" No. So, why is torture necessary? Besides, if sin was impuned to everyone by Adam's choice (another non-sensical idea), why wasn't salvation impuned to everybody by Jesus' death? Everyone is stained by Adam, whether they have heard about it or not, but people only get the pardon of Jesus, if they know and embrace this idea.

3) Punishment in hell for eternity is pointless, unless God enjoys inflicting suffering. If a parent punishes their child, why do they do that? Because they hope to impress upon the child that a bad result will come from this choice, but hell is not like that. Even if tortured in hell for 10,000 years, goes the doctrine, you can never say, "I'm sorry. I was wrong." Hell was devised as a fear tactic by the church.

4) The Bible is full of horrifying things. I don't care if the Egyptians were the enemy. That God slew the firstborn is repugnant. I have lost a child...no parent, enemy or friend should have to go through this. The Egyptian families who lost their firstborn were victims who had no say. They did not necessarily thwart the release of the captive Hebrews, yet they suffered. The Bible even says that God hardened Pharoh's heart. And that isn't the end of the horrors in the Bible. Drown the whole earth, except for one family. God brags about how great a servant Job is and baits Satan to wreck his life. God gives orders to murder every Cananite, even babies and donkeys...donkeys??? Would his will surely be upset by allowing a donkey or an infant to live???

5) The Bible is full of confusion. Even if you ignored the horrifying stuff, you still have to deal with the confusing stuff. People debate endlessly on whether God really meant for women to be submissive to men, for children to be beaten with rods, why slavery was not condemned, what are valid reasons for divorce, whether or not there should be capital punishment, baptism necessary or symbolic, when will the tribulation occur, etc., etc., etc. If this was really God's Word, there should be NO confusion.

6) Christianity encourages judgmentalism. Because the basis for salvation is exclusive, it cannot simultaneously be accepting. No matter how much you like me, (if you did :P ), you willl still see me as an "unbeliever". I am still not on your team and damned in your eyes.

There's more, but that'll do for now.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/07/1969

This is your chance for the nonbelievers to state what you object to about Christianity

Everyone is stained by Adam, whether they have heard about it or not, but people only get the pardon of Jesus, if they know and embrace this idea.

Close...one must know and embrace Jesus. Not the idea.

5) The Bible is full of confusion.

The bible is full of mystery. I pray the scales fall from your eyes.

6) Christianity encourages judgmentalism.

Acually it is the opposite, we are not to be judgemental. However we may have discernment.

No matter how much you like me, (if you did :P ), you willl still see me as an "unbeliever".

I do not like you...................... I LOVE you and does He!

I did not come to Christ until I was 31 years old. When I was first being witnessed to I fought it tooth and nail. I studied hard to prove these people wrong. And then the LIGHTS went on.

YEAH!!!!

Check this out.

If you are so sure of your ideas this will not hurt you at all.

Say something like..... Lord if this is real please come into my heart, so I may know you and your Son Jesus Christ.

Have GREAT day!!!

Kenny J.