• Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

Prophecy: The Messaih...

Fulfillment: Jesus Christ

Prophecy: will be born of a virgin (Is.7:14)14. Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Fulfillment: was born of a virgin named Mary (Luke 1:26-31) 26, And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, 27, To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary. 28, And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women. 29, And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be. 30, And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31, And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

Prophecy: will have a Galilean ministry (Is. 9:1,2correction) Nevertheless the dimness shall not be such as was in her vexation, when at the first he lightly afflicted the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, and afterward did more grievously afflict her by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, in Galilee of the nations. 2, The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.

Fulfillment: ministered in Galilee to the Gentiles (Matt. 4:13-16) 13, And leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is upon the sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon and Nephthalim: 14, That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying 15,The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles; 16, The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.

Prophecy: will be an heir to the throne of David (Is. 9:1,2) 7, Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Fulfillment: was given the throne of His father David (Luke 1:32,33) 32, He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33,And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Prophecy: will have His way prepared (Is. 40:3-5) 3, The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. 4, Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain; 5, And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

Fulfillment: was announced by John the Baptist (John 1:19-28) 19. And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou? 20, And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ. 21, And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No. 22, Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself? 23, He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias. 24, And they which were sent were of the Pharisees. 25, And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet? 26, John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; 27, He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose. 28, These things were done in Bethabara beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing.

Prophecy: will be spat on and struck ( Is. 50:6) 6, I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting.

Fulfillment: was spat on and beaten (Matt. 26:27) 67, Then did they spit in his face, and buffeted him; and others smote him with the palms of their hands.

Prophecy: will be exalted (Is. 52:13) 3, Behold, my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high.

Fulfillment: was highly exalted by God and the people ( Phil. 2:9, 10) 9, Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10, That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Prophecy: will be disfugured by suffering (Is. 52:14; 53:2) 14, As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men: 2, For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

Fulfillment: was scourged by the soldiers, who gave Him a crown of thorns (Mark 15:15-19) 15, And so Pilate, willing to content the people, released Barabbas unto them, and delivered Jesus, when he had scourged him, to be crucified. 16, And the soldiers led him away into the hall, called Praetorium; and they call together the whole band. 17. And they clothed him with purple, and platted a crown of thorns, and put it about his head, 18, And began to salute him, Hail, King of the Jews! 19, And they smote him on the head with a reed, and did spit upon him, and bowing their knees worshipped him.

Prophecy: will make a blood atonement ( Is.53:5) 5, But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Fulfillment: Shed His blood to atone for our sins ( 1 Peter 1:2)2, Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Prophecy: will be widely rejected ( Is. 53:5 ) 1, Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed? 2, For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. 3, He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Fulfillment: was not accepted by many ( John 12:37,38 ) 37, But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him: 38,That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?

Prophecy: will bear our sins and sorrows ( Is. 53;4,5) 4, Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5, But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Fulfillment: died because of our sins (Rom. 4:25; 1 Peter 2:24, 25) 25, Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification; (1 Pet. 2:24,25) 24, Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. 25, For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Prophecy: will be our substitute (Is. 53:6-8) 6, All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. 7, He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. 8, He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

Fulfillment: died in our place ( Rom. 5:6, 8:2, 2 Cor. 5:21) (Rom. 5:6,8) 6, For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7, For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 8, But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.(2 Cor. 5:21) 21, For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Prophecy: will voluntarily accept our guilt and punishment (Is. 53:7,8) 7, He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. 8, He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

Fulfillment: was silent about our sin (Mark 15:4,5; John 10:11; 19:30) 4, And Pilate asked him again, saying, Answerest thou nothing? behold how many things they witness against thee. 5, But Jesus yet answered nothing; so that Pilate marvelled. (John 0:11; 19:30) 11, I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. 30, When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Prophecy: will be buried in a rich man's tomb (Is. 53:9) 9, And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

Fulfillment: was buried in the tomb of Joseph, a rich man from Arimathea (Matt. 27:57-60; John 19:39-42) (Matt.27:57-60) 57, When the even was come, there came a rich man of Arimathaea, named Joseph, who also himself was Jes us' disciple: 58, He went to Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. Then Pilate commanded the body to be delivered. 59, And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth, 60, And laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed.(John 19:39-42) 38, And after this Joseph of Arimathaea, being a disciple of Jesus, but secretly for fear of the Jews, besought Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus: and Pilate gave him leave. He came therefore, and took the body of Jesus. 39, And there came also Nicodemus, which at the first came to Jesus by night, and brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about an hundred pound weight. 40, Then took they the body of Jesus, and wound it in linen clothes with the spices, as the manner of the Jews is to bury. 41, Now in the place where he was crucified there was a garden; and in the garden a new sepulchre, wherein was never man yet laid. 42, There laid they Jesus therefore because of the Jews' preparation day; for the sepulchre was nigh at hand.

Prophecy: will save us who believe in Him (Is. 53:10, 11) 10, Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand. 11, He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Fulfillment: provided salvation for all who believe (John 3:16 ; Acts 16:31) (John 3:16) 16, For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (Acts 16:31) 31, And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Prophecy: will die with transgressors (Is. 53:12) 12. Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Fulfillment: was numbered with the the transgressors (Mark 15:27, 28 ; Luke 22:37) (Mark 15:27. 28) 27, And with him they crucify two thieves; the one on his right hand, and the other on his left. 28, And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors. (Luke 22:37) 37, For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.

Prophecy: will heal the brokenhearted (Is. 61:1,2) 1, The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; 2,To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

Fufillment: healed the brokenhearted (Luke 4:18, 19) 18, The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

The Prophecies from the Old Testatement, before Christ was born to the New Testament, during Christs life and journaled by the Apostles so that we may know from generation to generation that God's Word is the Truth.

Who then would disprove the Truth?

(I have edited this to include the passages listed as Sam suggested because the number of responses and because I know you are all busy :24: )

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  01/22/1965

Thanks for the good post CJ anyone who questions whether Isaiah is prophetic or not obviously has an agenda, don't let the naysayers get you down :24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1

Thanks for the good post CJ anyone who questions whether Isaiah is prophetic or not obviously has an agenda, don't let the naysayers get you down :24:

Thanks Prodigal :24: and anyone that doesn't beleive in the bible with have difficulty believing the prophecies. But it's right there in black and white and in Apologetics where it belongs.

It is just so divine to me that what Isaiah foretold in the OT has been fulfulled and is continuing to be fulfilled as the world goes on.

:24:

I COULD HAVE KEPT GOING AND DISPUTE THE REST OF YOUR POST BUT ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS READ ISAIAH AND ASK YOURSELF WHERE DOES IT SAY "THUS SAYETH THE LORD ......? THAT IS THE HALMARK OF A PROPHECY AND THERE IS NONE THERE. THERE ARE MESSIANIC PROPHECIES OF WHICH JESUS DID NOT FULLFILL ANY.YOU CAN DELETE MY RESPONSE BUT THEN YOU HAVE TO ADMIT YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED IN FINDING THE TRUTH. IF YOU ARE A REAL STUDENT OF THE BIBLE YOU CANNOT DENY WHAT I JUST SAID.

Just showing your ignorance and by the way, capital letters is the same as shouting in internet etiquette.

Is. 59:21 As for Me,"says the Lord, "this is My covenent with them. My Spirit who is upon you, and My words which I have put in your mouth, nor from the mouth your descendants, nor from the mouth of your descendants' descendants," says the Lord, "from this time and forevermore".

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I love this prophecy too:

Micah 5:2

(And thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, little to be among the thousands of Judah, out of thee shall he come forth unto me [who is] to be Ruler in Israel: whose goings forth are from of old, from the days of eternity.)

Blessings! :24:

PS: OOPS! Sorry, I just noticed this was all about Isaiah! Sorry, cj!!!!!!! :o:40:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

"THUS SAYETH THE LORD ......? THAT IS THE HALMARK OF A PROPHECY AND THERE IS NONE THERE.

When the Lord spoke through prophets, they didn't all say that! That is erroneous. It is a major stumbling block to belief to follow that criteria, thinking somehow the Lord only speaks when you proclaim that proviso. Sounds like a denominational teaching to me, juggernaut.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I'm posting various chapters of my book about Old Testament Prophecies of Jesus Christ on this thread. The first two chapters will be in this post, but following chapters will be given as this post carries on in future postings.

Introduction

This book is written in hopes of encouraging the faith of the reader in the inspiration of the Holy Scriptures of the Bible, and also in hopes that it will encourage the reader

Edited by Jesus Admirer

I love this prophecy too:

Micah 5:2

(And thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, little to be among the thousands of Judah, out of thee shall he come forth unto me [who is] to be Ruler in Israel: whose goings forth are from of old, from the days of eternity.)

Blessings! :emot-partyblower:

PS: OOPS! Sorry, I just noticed this was all about Isaiah! Sorry, cj!!!!!!! :35::40:

:th_wave: it's about any fulfilled prophecy so you are always aiight wit me sis!! :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

Thanks CJ that was awesome :emot-partyblower:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  119