• Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

OOPS retraction? Maybe?

Straight from the White House Web Page;

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/20...20031114-7.html

Q Scott, WorldNet Daily reports that just after the President proclaimed marriage to be "a union between a man and a woman," the Metropolitan Community Churches, which perform 6,000 same-sex nuptial ceremonies a year, received a letter from the President congratulating them for "encouraging the celebration of faith and sharing of God's love". And my question: Since both this church, as well as the American Family Association have deplored this presidential inconsistency, can you tell us, who wrote this letter to the homosexual church? And did the President ever see it before it was mailed?

MR. McCLELLAN: Now, let me be very clear on the President's view --

Q No, I know --

MR. McCLELLAN: The President has always been a strong supporter -- a strong believer that marriage is a sacred institution between a man and a woman. And he is a strong supporter of defending and protecting the sanctity of marriage.

Q But why won't he --

MR. McCLELLAN: Now, what you're asking -- well, what you're asking about now are I think greetings --

Q It's a letter that went out at the same time.

MR. McCLELLAN: -- are greetings. When requests are sent in, and churches all across the country send in requests for greetings, and I think that it was a standard greeting that was sent out, that's been sent out to, I think, more than a thousand churches since the President has been in office and some over 300 --

Q So he hasn't -- he hasn't seen them?

MR. McCLELLAN: -- in the last year. But the President's views are very well known on the issue of the sanctity of marriage, and they've always been clear and consistent

No prob it was just greetings. POLOTICS!

Lord I will try to stay out of this in the future. :( I apologize Lord!

Peace,

Dave

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Well, for me, let's elect Hank Williams, Jr. as our president. He'd put Hank, Sr's picture on the $100 bill (who couldn't be for that? :( ), make the day Patsy Cline died a national holiday, and he would see to it that these murderers aren't out making money by selling books about what they done-matter of fact, something was said about a tall tree and short rope!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

something was said about a tall tree and short rope!

I have used that quote more than once

Guest CatscanCam
OOPS retraction? Maybe?

Straight from the White House Web Page;

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/20...20031114-7.html

Q Scott, WorldNet Daily reports that just after the President proclaimed marriage to be "a union between a man and a woman," the Metropolitan Community Churches, which perform 6,000 same-sex nuptial ceremonies a year, received a letter from the President congratulating them for "encouraging the celebration of faith and sharing of God's love". And my question: Since both this church, as well as the American Family Association have deplored this presidential inconsistency, can you tell us, who wrote this letter to the homosexual church? And did the President ever see it before it was mailed?

MR. McCLELLAN: Now, let me be very clear on the President's view --

Q No, I know --

MR. McCLELLAN: The President has always been a strong supporter -- a strong believer that marriage is a sacred institution between a man and a woman. And he is a strong supporter of defending and protecting the sanctity of marriage.

Q But why won't he --

MR. McCLELLAN: Now, what you're asking -- well, what you're asking about now are I think greetings --

Q It's a letter that went out at the same time.

MR. McCLELLAN: -- are greetings. When requests are sent in, and churches all across the country send in requests for greetings, and I think that it was a standard greeting that was sent out, that's been sent out to, I think, more than a thousand churches since the President has been in office and some over 300 --

Q So he hasn't -- he hasn't seen them?

MR. McCLELLAN: -- in the last year. But the President's views are very well known on the issue of the sanctity of marriage, and they've always been clear and consistent

No prob it was just greetings. POLOTICS!

Lord I will try to stay out of this in the future. :rofl: I apologize Lord!

Peace,

Dave

Does anyone else here find it funny that Mr. Mclellan never let Scott finish his questions :x: before answering them umm well did he ever really answer the first one? :( :suspect: :(

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

I said this earlier in the thread...it's a "Radar" from Mash scenario....Bush is just signing away a gillion documents and in the pile "happens" to be a letter of "Greetings" to the "Metro" church...which Bush is probably unaware is a "gay" church.

I honestly didn't figure he knew WHO they were...or he'd never had signed the letter...Someone was messing with his head that day...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  511
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  03/08/1975

Okay, that certainly settles it for me. Steve, my brother, I'll be voting for either Michael Waltrip or Dale Jarrett. Hmmmm, who to choose, who to choose. Blue, or brown?? :exclaimation:

I vote Chevy!!!

TAKE THAT FORD!!!!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Bless you saints in His Grace, Jesus!

I just gotta ask? I can't help it. I'm a critical thinker. I ask questions when things don't sound right.

I just watched Bush and Blair while waiting for the school bus for my daughter.

Anyway he stated first off and I agree. That we are fighting a war for our very values. The values ,(my words not his) that we get from our very Lord . The morals and laws handed down from G-d to man. (again my words)

Now back to Bush. He also stated when asked if the muslims believe in the same G-d we do. He stated yes I believe so.

We are fighting a war of morals and values. Yet they have the same ones. The muslims by their very actions place no merit on Charity.

So we must defeat this evil and protect our country and those countrys in the world that would desire not to live under these evil uncharitable people. Yet they believe in the same G-d as we.

Now we will not tolerate someone from a fringe hate group from molesting our nation and this is why we went to war in Iraq. Amen! I agree!

Blair even says we musn't tolerate those who would prevent us from building a better Iraq a free one. One that promotes our values. That is why the struggle there has turned ugly. If we allow these hatemongers to win by pulling out. They will be emboldened. Agreed! Amen!

So why when it comes to Israel has all of this common sense been turned on its head? :exclaimation:

If you allow the terrorists in Palestine to win? Won't you be doing the same thing you say you don't want in Iraq?

I don't know????

Bush has again stated as he did at the outset of the war. That Palestine is the heart of the matter!

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

I just gotta ask? I can't help it. I'm a critical thinker. I ask questions when things don't sound right.

Anyway he stated first off and I agree. That we are fighting a war for our very values. The values ,(my words not his) that we get from our very Lord . The morals and laws handed down from G-d to man. (again my words)

Now back to Bush. He also stated when asked if the muslims believe in the same G-d we do. He stated yes I believe so.

We are fighting a war of morals and values. Yet they have the same ones. The muslims by their very actions place no merit on Charity.

So we must defeat this evil and protect our country and those countrys in the world that would desire not to live under these evil uncharitable people. Yet they believe in the same G-d as we.

Now we will not tolerate someone from a fringe hate group from molesting our nation and this is why we went to war in Iraq. Amen! I agree!

Blair even says we musn't tolerate those who would prevent us from building a better Iraq a free one. One that promotes our values. That is why the struggle there has turned ugly. If we allow these hatemongers to win by pulling out. They will be emboldened. Agreed! Amen!

So why when it comes to Israel has all of this common sense been turned on its head? :exclaimation:

If you allow the terrorists in Palestine to win? Won't you be doing the same thing you say you don't want in Iraq?

I don't know????

Bush has again stated as he did at the outset of the war. That Palestine is the heart of the matter!

Peace,

Dave

Was up Doc?

I am really having trouble with Bush proclaiming to come in the name of Christ, for by His very actions He denies Him.

Please understand I am not trying to judge him and say that he is not a Christian, but then again the pope makes the same claim. God says that we are to test the spirits, and again we shall know the tree by its fruit.

Now I can almost understand some of the things that are happening, with all the pressure from many other sources that he has to deal with. He needs our prayer.

But I really have trouble with him saying that he thinks that we as Christians and the muslims worship the same God!

This man needs to take that step of faith and make a stand for Christ and quit straddeling the fence because he is worried that he may offend the muslim faith. In the meantime he is offending God!

We need a man who will stand up for the Almighty Name of Jesus, and I believe that God will heal whatever nation will take this stand. We Do Not Worship the same God as the muslims god.

After all they make no bones about the fact that those who are Christians are infidels. Their Koran says they are to destroy all Christians andJewish infidels. Now a Christian to them is anyone who is not a Jew or muslim.

Now please dont think I am Bush bashing, but when it comes to Jesus, this man needs to make a clear and decisive decission, even if it cost him his office and power.

This is one issue where there is no comprimise, by his satement it sends a message to the world that our God is weak, which we as Christians know is not the case.

Let us pray for our president.

In Jesus

Kevin

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

So why when it comes to Israel has all of this common sense been turned on its head? :wacko:

I don't know????

Peace,

Dave

I heard Blair too.

For those imperialists everything is about "winning".

They don't know anything about peace or understanding nor do they care.

These imperialists should just save the phony trips and the nonsense.

P.S. It was actually hilarious when Blair "confessed" that he didn't give a damn about democracy or public opinion LOL :shocked:. It's a very unusual thing when a politico speaks his mind :D

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

So why when it comes to Israel has all of this common sense been turned on its head? :shocked:

I don't know????

Peace,

Dave

Was up Doc?

I am really having trouble with Bush proclaiming to come in the name of Christ, for by His very actions He denies Him.

Please understand I am not trying to judge him and say that he is not a Christian, but then again the pope makes the same claim. God says that we are to test the spirits, and again we shall know the tree by its fruit.

Now I can almost understand some of the things that are happening, with all the pressure from many other sources that he has to deal with. He needs our prayer.

But I really have trouble with him saying that he thinks that we as Christians and the muslims worship the same God!

This man needs to take that step of faith and make a stand for Christ and quit straddeling the fence because he is worried that he may offend the muslim faith. In the meantime he is offending God!

We need a man who will stand up for the Almighty Name of Jesus, and I believe that God will heal whatever nation will take this stand. We Do Not Worship the same God as the muslims god.

After all they make no bones about the fact that those who are Christians are infidels. Their Koran says they are to destroy all Christians andJewish infidels. Now a Christian to them is anyone who is not a Jew or muslim.

Now please dont think I am Bush bashing, but when it comes to Jesus, this man needs to make a clear and decisive decission, even if it cost him his office and power.

This is one issue where there is no comprimise, by his satement it sends a message to the world that our God is weak, which we as Christians know is not the case.

Let us pray for our president.

In Jesus

Kevin

There's only One God right?.

So all the monotheist religions who worship that One God truly worship the same God.