Christian

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Homosexuality breeds anti-Christian bigotry as much as Judaism breeds anti-Nazi bigotry.

Elton John is proof positive that homosexuality does breed anti-Christian bigotry. His whole argument for banning religion is that it breeds hatred for homosexuals. In addition, I am very much pro-Jew and anti-Nazi. While I disagree with their political beliefs, a large part of my hatred for Nazi-ism is the way they treated the Jewish people.

There is an old song Elton John sang called "Tiny Dancer." One line says, "Jesus freaks, out in the streets." I have said they need to change the line to say, "Homosexual freaks, out in the streets," and see how they like it.

His argument is that because of organized religion there is bigotry and hatred towards homosexuals. I'd have to say that's true, they can't marry, it's hard for them to adopt, they're often tormented and sometimes there's physical violence against homosexuals just for being who they are. He's not against all Christians, just the ones that want to dehumanize him and organized religion helps breed those people by telling them homosexuals are wicked evil people who should be punished. Even if you believe that they are evil, it doesn't give us the right to punish them, it's up to God to pass judgment, not us. You also seem to mention that you're anti-Nazi and the reason why as it is some sort of surprise why anyone would hate Nazism? Just thought that was kind of weird.

Homosexuality breeds anti-Christian bigotry as much as Judaism breeds anti-Nazi bigotry.

The lesbian/gay community has God to blame for their discontent, not Christians.

We didn't make the rules...we just follow them.

The Jews have every right to feel animosity towards the Nazi's given their treatment by them.

Your comparison is ridiculous. I don't remember any compassion being shown by the Third Reich?

At least we attempt to have compassion for these societal deviants.

J.M.O.

We don't make the rules, but sometimes we follow them a little too extremely, the people who do are the people he has a problem with. Plus the rules say nothing about denying equal rights for gays, but we still do it.

quote bob: "Homosexuality breeds anti-Christian bigotry as much as Judaism breeds anti-Nazi bigotry."

Just what point are you trying to make? That anyone that hates and despises nazism is a bigot?

Homosexuality does breed anti-Christian bigotry. Just look at the war at home. Merry Christmas is an offensive phrase in this country, we are called right wing fanatics because of our faith and now we have a homosexual that believes religion should be banned from the world. EJ is on treacherous ground right now, the same path that the likes of Hitler and Stalin have gone down before.

The truth is, EJ hates Christianity because he is gay and wants to remain gay. He sees Christianity as a threat to his continued reprehensible lifestyle. Does he really think that only Christians hate homosexuality? While we are vocal about it, it's the behavior we hate, because it's disgusting and it serves no purpose except for sexually deviant self-gratification. Gays can't reproduce nor contribute offspring assexually. While I think it is a great idea that immoral people do not reproduce, who am I to say no to the birth of a child?

By condemning Christiantity and lumping all Christians together as "homophobes" he is doing a greater injustice to me (by generalizing my beliefs and assuming I hate him) and proves hisself to be a much greater bigot than I or millions of Christians have ever been.

What is a homophobe anyway? I don't know about you, but a gay person doesn't scare me at all, I just get disgusted and pray the person gives that lifestyle up and makes peace with God.

My point was that many Christians show hatred against homosexuals because they were taught to do so in church. Homosexuals are going to naturally dislike people who are against them.

Elton John knows that Christians aren't the only groups against homosexuality, he says "I would ban religion completely" not "I would ban Christianity completely." Elton John actually agrees with the teachings of Christ, he doesn't like the church or organized religion though.

A homophobe would be someone who is afraid of homosexuality. A gay person may not scare you, but if the idea of your children being gay scares you, you're a homophobe.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

My problem with homosexuals, besides God abhorring that lifestyle, is how proudly they flaunt their sexuality. They have their gay pride parades, which I think is a cheezy broadway strip show and shouldn't be going on in the streets where kids or any person that finds those displays offensive, may witness those over-sexualized demonstrations. We don't have pro-heterosexual parades or pro-Christ parades (which I would have absolutely no problem with, if it's purpose was to witness Christ, not make a spectacle of it).

Christian values are under attack and if you don't think so let me give some examples.

Christmas: it has become over commercialized to a point, where everyone, regardless of faith love Christmas, because they get a chance to be extravagant and receive expensive gifts. People save thousands of dollars a year so they can buy the best gifts of the season. Too bad that money isn't better used to pay tithes to the Church.

Easter: Easter bunny, hidden eggs, colorful eggs. . .what in the world do those traditions have in common with the Crucifixion and resurrection of Christ?

Lent: What does the new traditions of parading around naked and getting drunk have to do with the end of Lent? People wear exotic costumes that cover every part of their body, but their genitalia. They get drunk, stoned, high, low and have gratuitous sex with whomever they can find.

Our Holy-days have been hijacked by hedonistic, paganistic, materialistic traditions, I am sure you can ask every American what those holidays represent and about 1/4-1/3 wouldn't be able to tell you the origins of all three examples.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Methinks Sir Elton & Canadian Davey Boy should earnestly give sincere consideration to laundering their minds among other vital components every now and then. Barnum was dead wrong - it's more like every fifteen seconds!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

With messages like this it's sad to think this man is revered by so many !!!

Elton John: 'I would ban religion completely'

POSTED: 8:59 a.m. EST, November 13, 2006

LONDON, England (AP) -- Organized religion fuels anti-gay discrimination and other forms of bias, pop star Elton John said in an interview published Saturday.

"I think religion has always tried to turn hatred toward gay people," John said in the Observer newspaper's Music Monthly Magazine. "Religion promotes the hatred and spite against gays."

"But there are so many people I know who are gay and love their religion," he said. "From my point of view, I would ban religion completely. Organized religion doesn't seem to work. It turns people into really hateful lemmings and it's not really compassionate."

John also criticized religious leaders for failing to do anything about conflicts around the world.

"Why aren't they having a conclave? Why aren't they coming together?"

John said those in his own field have been similarly lax.

"It's like the peace movement in the '60s. Musicians got through to people by getting out there and doing peace concerts, but we don't seem to do them any more," he said. "If John Lennon were alive today, he'd be leading it with a vengeance."

(Source)

Elton John appears to be mouthing the words of his master. Banning religion is an idea that could only come from one source. Homosexuality is a sin, the gays know that it is, and they know the wages of their sin. His statement IS contradictory in the fact that he seeks acceptance of his unnatural and unholy lifestyle yet would forbid others from following the righteous path laid out by the Lord. For the sake of his soul I hope he finds his way.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  489
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  02/12/1964

"Dated", but perhaps still appropriate, i.e., "tolerance."

http://www.geocities.com/benwebb.geo/SodomyAndTolerance.html

In Christ,

John M. Whalen

Thank-you John. A very good article. Very passionate and very Truthful.

Regards,

Ben.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  09/20/1947

The poor man needs our compassion ..he is living in a biblically wrong relationship, his career is over, he has major problems brought about by drug use , he has no faith , he has rejected his Saviour, we know where he is headed so now he is crying out in fear .......If he really believed that he could bring about peace with his music why has he not tried to do so ?

Lady Peartree,

You are so right...a pity to see God given talent go to waste. He does need our compassion. :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

And a (straight) psychiatrist!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/19/1948

The poor man needs our compassion ..he is living in a biblically wrong relationship, his career is over, he has major problems brought about by drug use , he has no faith , he has rejected his Saviour, we know where he is headed so now he is crying out in fear .......If he really believed that he could bring about peace with his music why has he not tried to do so ?

This is just a publicity stunt to try to get people to remember who he is /was best to just ignor it and pray for his salvation as we would for anyones ( I hope ) :24:

If I may ask...

What does this mean? I was not aware of this problem in his life.

Wonder what all of this does to his thought processes?