KeilanS

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  150
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

The fact is you can be a saved believing Christian and accept much of evolutionary theory. You of course must believe that Christ created the heavens and the earth, but that is obvious and evolution actually has nothing to say about creation, it is simply describing a biological process of change.

Evolution does however has something to say about man........ so a saved and believing Christian can accept that they"evolved" from Apes? Please enlighten me. Is the suggestion then the God "created" man by way of evolving us from ape to man?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

The fact is you can be a saved believing Christian and accept much of evolutionary theory. You of course must believe that Christ created the heavens and the earth, but that is obvious and evolution actually has nothing to say about creation, it is simply describing a biological process of change.

Evolution does however has something to say about man........ so a saved and believing Christian can accept that they"evolved" from Apes? Please enlighten me. Is the suggestion then the God "created" man by way of evolving us from ape to man?

Humans did not exist until God created them. How He did that is His way and not ours. Now we know from scripture that God did this in six of our days, we know from scripture that one day is as a thousand years, and we know from astrophysics that time is not fixed and different dimensions exist with mirror images of different realities, this does coincide with scripture.

I personally believe that God created us just as He said in Genesis. But I am not willing to say someone is not a Christian who has faith in Christ, who believes that Christ is God, and died for our sins was born of a virgin and rose from the dead and personally knows us and loves us, I am not going to say that person is not a Christian because they accept that God used evolution to bring about the flesh of human beings. You could not of course be a Christian if you did not believe that God did not control and create every part of creation that we know as existence. But I am much more concerned for example with people who claim that Christ was not divine, not God, and that the Trinity does not exist, that somehow Christ is lesser than God, a kind of freaky pantheism which is invading some Christian groups today than I am with Christians who accept evolutionary processes. But remember evolution is not proven or true in the same way we believe that God is true. Evolution is just one idea which currently best fits the observations that the research has found, that is all.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/16/1976

I think the denominations are us trying tobecome a fully functioning body wih different parts. As humans we have gone about this not exactly right and parts of our body are cancerous. There are errors in every part as well.

We need to pray that we can realize our places and join them in harmony with other Believers instead of through fights and division.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  961
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I have been thinking a lot about the different Christian denominations, there are 28,000 divisions of Protestant (or so I've been told) and then there are Catholics as well. My question is does anyone else think most of these splits are meaningless? Aside from a few really crazy denominations, the majority of these denominations have all the same beliefs in areas that effect salvation.

So that would mean that 99% of the arguments between Christians are about things that are in the end, meaningless. The theory on how the earth was created comes to mind instantly, does it really effect salvation? Anyways, I don't really have a point here, does anyone else feel the same way I do?

Keilan,

You are way beyond your years in thinking. Most 18 year olds are playing video games, partying, or watching MTV. Its nice to see a young adult who is putting some serious thought into theology. Your question is a very good one and I am sure many others have either struggled with this idea.....I myself did for a while. Looking at this philosophically one would first ask, what is the truth???? Do I believe what the Methodist preacher tells me, or do I believe what the Baptist preacher tells, me or do I believe what the Catholic Priest tells me??? I can gurantee you that each person will have a different answer for each question you ask him. The next question one would ask is, did God leave us here on Earth without the fullness of the truth? Would an all loving, all knowing, all powerful God leave us here in a cloudy mist to figure out for ouselves the fullness of the truth? The most logical answer would be No. Do the divisions within Christianity bring us closer to the fullness of the truth or do they muddy the water more and move us farther from the fullness of the truth? One doens't have to look very long into this before they realize that this is only confusing more people. With each splinter within denominations the truth becomes more spintered. Keilan keep up the good work. :)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

QUOTE(iammoreorless @ Nov 27 2006, 12:41 AM)

My problem with denominations is that they do tend to water down the truth of the gospel. having so many denominations show how man has put his ideas in and not God's. If they were all right, why are we not unified?

They are not unifoed because there are to many people who rely believing that it is more important for Unity to equal our belief in Christ than our belief in Christ and the Gospel.

Go back to the beginning -

sorry still learning how to post.

Cardcaptor,

I really wasn't asking, I guess it was a rhetorical question. My point was that we do have a heck of a lot of denominations because many of the people that started them put there 2 cents in, instead of God's wisdom.

If we try to reach for unity, than like someone said, someone has to give in. If we all did that we end up an ecuminical society which will really water down any truth.

Edited by iammoreorless