ethical.atheist

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

You havent shown that. You have only postulated it. Then you qualified your statements. But still havent demonstrated that there is less conflict.

It isn't really Apoptosis's job to educate you in world history.

I suggest you do your own research and try to dig up something to refute Apoptosis. I understand that this is a difficult suggestion, but when we are discussing something as broad as the history of the world, it is really the only feasible way to continue.

Lol, just look at the news. There is fighting on every continent except antarctica. Wars, civil war, clashes between citizens of countries. Violence abounds. Ap made a comment but then failed to back up his assertion.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Uh, no, I did back it up, you just fail to study world history. These places are at war since the beginning of time, so they were at some form of war for some reason before and after enlightenment.

The point was, because we are now enlightened, the enlightened countries are now at peace such as the countries in europe.

For example, countr A, B, C, and D were always at some form of war since beginning of recorded history. However, because of rationality and enlightenment, country A, and C stopped fighting for example, colonial wars and became peaceful. But while B and D is still at war for various religious, nationalistic, or ethnic reasons. However, dispite the fact B and D is still at war, this still means there is an overall decrease in warfare and bloodshed in history.

You view the world to have more conflicts because 1: You did not pay attention to world history in other places and you assumed these other places were peaceful before you heard from them. 2: You are now bombarded with news about world conflicts through the media, and you believe these conflicts and war never occur before now. Just because you can be easily informed with modern media doesn't mean these war did not occur much earlier on. Ease of access to information doesn't mean the body of information grew, it just means more ease of access.

Edited by Apoptosis

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

:24:

Merry Christmas! :24:

t.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

The point was, because we are now enlightened, the enlightened countries are now at peace such as the countries in europe.

The enlightenment period in Europe saw multiple wars on the continent. The most famous ones occurred with Napoleon, World War I, and World War II. Likewise, when Russia and China came into enlightenment they adopted Communism and subsequently have killed hundreds of millions of people in the last 70 years. Yay for atheism! These nations killed more in 70 years than corrupt Christianity did from 1000 - 1700. That is just impressive.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

The enlightenment period in Europe saw multiple wars on the continent. The most famous ones occurred with Napoleon, World War I, and World War II. Likewise, when Russia and China came into enlightenment they adopted Communism and subsequently have killed hundreds of millions of people in the last 70 years. Yay for atheism! These nations killed more in 70 years than corrupt Christianity did from 1000 - 1700. That is just impressive.
I just want to make sure I understand... Are you making the claim atheism is the cause of the increase in deaths you also claim to have occured?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Doesn't sound like it to me. It sounds more like he was addressing Apop's point concerning "enlightenment" and the supposed decrease in was once a nation, or area, is enlightened.

He offered the point about atheism as a counter to charges against religious-based warring countries, showing that wars carry on regardless of "enlightenment".

Sound about right? :noidea:

t.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

atheists are scary?

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

I wouldn't use the word scary myself, but I do find that when athiests want changes like getting prayer taken out of school and the like, then life just gets scarier.

Look around you - read the newspapers, check out the statistics - drug abuse, suicide, murder, child abuse, prostitution, drug addiction, alcoholism, serial killings, rape, depression, teen pregnancy etc. are all on the rise. We aren't a nation blessed by God because we wanted Him out because of people like athiests.

Now, if Christians are dealing with drug abuse, suicide, murder, child abuse, prostitution, drug addiction, alcoholism, serial killings, rape, depression, teen pregnancy etc. in a positive way and seeing good results, as well as dealing with hunger, education, medical needs etc in poor countries, why do you athiests find we Christians so scary? Even if God wasn't even real, the good that Christianity far outweighs the bad - even in the eyes of the athiest who can be honest with himself or herself.

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

I wouldn't use the word scary myself, but I do find that when athiests want changes like getting prayer taken out of school and the like, then life just gets scarier.

Look around you - read the newspapers, check out the statistics - drug abuse, suicide, murder, child abuse, prostitution, drug addiction, alcoholism, serial killings, rape, depression, teen pregnancy etc. are all on the rise. We aren't a nation blessed by God because we wanted Him out because of people like athiests.

Now, if Christians are dealing with drug abuse, suicide, murder, child abuse, prostitution, drug addiction, alcoholism, serial killings, rape, depression, teen pregnancy etc. in a positive way and seeing good results and people are making life changing decisions and finding happiness as well as the Chrisitans who are dealing with hunger, education, medical needs etc in poor countries, why do you athiests find we Christians so scary? Even if God wasn't even real, the good that Christianity far outweighs the bad - even in the eyes of the athiest who can be honest with himself or herself.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Key word being "honest". :21: