IGNORED

War, or peace with science and Christians?

Joshua-777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Hola, Sup everyone, ok, I thought I'd take time to write to you all, christian and non believers alike. First off I'd like to say I have seen alot of false, and bias opinions, and times I have said them myself. WHat we all need to realize is that Christianity and Science, Are not at odds, Like it's been said a few times in the boards. Science, Will never disprove there is a creator, it is not at odds, God created the whole universe, I am intrested in the depth and detail in which he did it, which I will never fully understand, I find that if you take out theory, scientists, have the same goal in a sence, understand the depth and detail of the universe. There are things we cannot explain without a God, and those things we explain with God, But we cannot explain the full depth of God. In science, if you take away speculation, and bias points of views, and take the time to look at both sides, You will find that Science it's self doesn't disprove that everything was designed by a creator. Just opinions of others that say there is no creator. I have seen some awesome posts from aithiests in this board, and I have seen some awesome posts from Christians in the board. One thing for the Christian and aithiest alike, realize that we are not enemys in trying to understand the truth, And those that are searching for the truth in science, Are not here by coincidence. Love your neighbor as thyself. There is no reason why anyone should get all worked up, which I'll admit at times I very much so have. Love, thats what it's all about, we as christians love God, for everything he's done, and we respect God, but also we cannot share the truth in God in bitterness, or even scarcasm, which I need to work on, And aithiests, realize that we are not at odds, we believe in a creator, and I personaly respect the time you've took to study and research, I only ask you, to realize that when it comes to the realm of science, we are not at war, or odds. We know how everything got here, God, In no way should that be ignorance to science, Because we should respect the depth God created us, With science, and faith, brilliant minds work through both. The true war, behind science and religion, Lies within our own hearts. We are all prideful, and we all carry pride in what we know, so be humble, break down your pride, and realize, that pride destroys both sides.

James 4:6

But he gives more grace. Therefore he says

God resists the Proud, but gives grace to the humble

Also

1st corithians 13:4-6 Love suffers long, and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade it's self, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek it's own, is not provoked, thinks no evil, does not rejoice in enequity but rejoices in hope.

Keep love first, and do not be provoked, Pride will destroy this, for those who are Christians, remember, we are Christians, and remember why? Would any of us still be a Christian if we didn't serve an active God? if we didn't know him personally? if we didnt know the love and grace he has for us? Now, if any of you where not raised christian, but became saved later through the grace of Christ, would you come to the Lord, if someone was bitter with you, and everything you believed in and are doing? No, we should show love, cause love covers a multitude of sin. We know God, personally, he loves us, can we love someone else the same?as a human that is impossible, but that should be our main goal.

Non believers, Remember, science and faith are not at odds, both require faith, and both are equals in the realm of science. Continue searching for the truth, he if you really want to know, ya just may find him. If you're only here to disprove that there is a creator, than your work to disprove a creator will be in vain. cause both are equal in the eyes of science. Have respect, and I hope we have the same respect for you.

Peace and blessings in Christ everyone

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/14/2006

:rolleyes: True words...

I seem to be saying this a lot, and I need to say it to myself sometimes: if you want people to listen to you and respect your opinion, than you've gotta do the same for others. If you want people to take you seriously, you've gotta do the same for others.

Civilied debate means no name-calling, insults, sarcasm, et cetera, et cetera. It doesn't help anything and merely makes you look immature and your credibility will take a hit.

In Christ,

--Akiko

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

:noidea: True words...

I seem to be saying this a lot, and I need to say it to myself sometimes: if you want people to listen to you and respect your opinion, than you've gotta do the same for others. If you want people to take you seriously, you've gotta do the same for others.

Civilied debate means no name-calling, insults, sarcasm, et cetera, et cetera. It doesn't help anything and merely makes you look immature and your credibility will take a hit.

In Christ,

--Akiko

:cool: amen

• 4 years later...
Guest JacobLewis

Science certainly does directly contradict the bible. The laws of physics do not allow for the miracles in which you believe. Fundamentalists will ALWAYS find themselves at odds with science.

Phylangeal nerves and the human eye directly contradict intelligent design.

The single gene that allows for human beings enormous mental faculties is a corrupted (literally missing a piece of quadrary code) version of a gene found in all higher apes (this seems backwards, why would god give us a damaged chimp gene?).

The only infallible evidence available in the fossil record shows that complex organisms DID NOT coexist with the earliest organisms.

Geographic dispersion of species does not allow for genesis of all species from a single location, much less two separate dispersions from two separate locations (the location of the Arcs landing and Eden).

Jesus!

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. Colossians 1:16-17

>>>>>()<<<<<

.... Science certainly does directly contradict the bible. The laws of physics do not allow for the miracles....

The Law Maker

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

Died For You

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

And Neither Faux Science

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 1 Timothy 6:20

Nor Vain Philosophy

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. Colossians 2:8

Will Help Mockers

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. John 1:9-10

You See

Enter into the rock, and hide thee in the dust, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty.

The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.

For the day of the LORD of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low: Isaiah 2:10-12

Love, Joe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:16-18

Guest JacobLewis

Science certainly does directly contradict the bible. The laws of physics do not allow for the miracles in which you believe.

Miracle, by definition, is essentially a suspension of the "laws of [nature]" called ordinary providence that is superseded by divine providence or God if you will. Yes, a person cannot walk on water as their density is above that of water. However, that does not necessitate that a miracle cannot occur that will allow someone to walk on water.

Lucky for me ID is Christian folk science and not fundamental to Christianity.

The single gene that allows for human beings enormous mental faculties is a corrupted (literally missing a piece of quadrary code) version of a gene found in all higher apes (this seems backwards, why would god give us a damaged chimp gene?).

Are you talking about this? CMP mutation that deleted 92 base pairs of "quadrary code" (can't you say "DNA" like a normal person) resulting in higher neuron density. Perhaps God gave us the mutated gene because it gives us greater mental functionality? If you studied evolution you should know that essentially every single gene to exist is a "corrupted" piece of "quadrary code", why single out a mutation that is beneficial to attack Christianity?

PS, there is no evidence in the fossil record that is infallible.

My point is that science does not allow for the suspension of it's laws.

As for ID, are you saying that your god is not an intelligent designer?

The corruption of DNA I am referring to is a broken piece of a myosin building gene that constructs jaw muscles, without which we could not have such large thin skull plates. Also I was referring to a missing piece of code, not a missing piece of DNA. This is a missing letter of code, not a genetic mutation of a C into a G or an A into a D.

The fact that no complex organisms exist below certain levels of geological strata is infallible evidence. Rather than simply making a claim, can you explain what you mean?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Science certainly does directly contradict the bible. The laws of physics do not allow for the miracles in which you believe. Fundamentalists will ALWAYS find themselves at odds with science.

The only infallible evidence available in the fossil record shows that complex organisms DID NOT coexist with the earliest organisms.

Geographic dispersion of species does not allow for genesis of all species from a single location, much less two separate dispersions from two separate locations (the location of the Arcs landing and Eden).

So....are you a believer in I.D. or the TOE? I seriously can't tell by reading your posts. And welcome back to Worthy, btw.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

It seems to be the case that faith and science do not have to be at odds with one another. After all, God gave the gift of reason and sensory perception to man so that he could learn and explore the world that God had created. Also, some of the greatest scientific minds in history were also believers, like Isaac Newton, and they saw no inherent conflict between the two.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Did you mean phalangeal nerves?

Anyway, why do you say these nerves and the human eye contradict intelligent design?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I would guess the poster was referring to the laryngeal nerve.

I'll see what he has to say.