• Birthday:  04/07/1989

AMEN!

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Justthefacts
:whistling: If you do not mind, I think first that there needs to be some clarity. That which you wish to discuss is not the Lords prayer. I know that many refer to it and teach that it is, but the Lords prayer is in the book of St John, chapter 17. That which you are discussing was given to the diciple's by the Lord when they approched Him and asked Him to teach them how to pray. The Lord knew that they first needed to know whom they were addressing when they prayed, and address Him correctly. NEVER did our Lord address GOD as GOD. He called Him Father and in all His teachings while he was here in the flesh, all reference was as Father. We who are beleavers were instructed at that time to address Him the same way. Therefore the beginning, (OUR Father). Since the diciples approached him together, Jesus started out OUR Father to signify that he was the Father of them all and all who beleive. Remember, the diciples often had arguments concerning their place and importance in the Kingdom. This was the Lord's way of letting them know one more time that they were all excepted equaly. If you are in a group, you should pray Our Father, because you are approaching Him as One voice united in a common cause. If you are however praying alone, then saying, My Father or simply Father is excepted. Remember, Jesus is our example. (Which Is In Heaven) distinguish's between this carnal world and the Spiritual realm. No confussing whom we are seeking. God Bless

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

THE LORDS PRAYER is the one where JESUS taught HIS deciples to pray it covers all we need to know about praying and as far a JESUS never calling GOD , GOD. we find in the bible where JESUS said (john 20:17) to tell HIS deciples that he was ascending to MY FATHER AND TO YOUR FATHER AND TO MY GOD AND TO YOUR GODtherefore JESUS DI CLL GOD GOD

Guest Justthefacts

:blink:

THE LORDS PRAYER is the one where JESUS taught HIS deciples to pray it covers all we need to know about praying and as far a JESUS never calling GOD , GOD. we find in the bible where JESUS said (john 20:17) to tell HIS deciples that he was ascending to MY FATHER AND TO YOUR FATHER AND TO MY GOD AND TO YOUR GODtherefore JESUS DI CLL GOD GOD

Arron, Jesus only refered to our Heavenly Father as God while he was teaching the diciples. NEVER when He was speaking to our Heavenly Father.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

cant you understand plain english.. he was saying that GOD was HIS FATHER

• 9 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Would anyone be interested in doing a study with me on the Lord's Prayer?

I would like to do a line by line, word by word, study of the Lord's Prayer.

We could start with "Our Father". :il:

There are just worlds of meaning in every part of this prayer, and it is the blueprint for all prayer.

I will start by posting my thoughts and musings on "Our Father" as soon as I get some time. Right now I better go cook dinner :)

Dear OneAccord, just a thought for you to consider. What most consider as the "Lord's Prayer" starting in Matthew 6:9 is simply instruction as how to pray. The true Lord's prayer appears in the whole chapter of John 17 and you may want to do a parallel or comparison study between the two. Anyhow I look forward to your efforts and hope I haven't spoke out of turn here. God bless you in Jesus' name - larry