• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/07/1987

I think I'm gonna start selling "Miracle Diapers!!" If your baby poops in it, they will grow up to be rich, famous movie stars!!!!

I'll start em at 6 easy payments of $49.99!!!

But wait.....for a limited time only, When you buy one package you get a second one free!!!!

That's right....FREE!!!!!

WEEEEEE!!!!!!

These diapers are not actually miracle diapers, we are just hoping your an idiot. Refunds not available.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

:noidea::taped::taped::taped::)

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/07/1987

I would like to say that not all pastors preach the truth, they preach a truth watered down. There are still many who speak the truth from the pulpit but there are multitudes of people who don't want the truth. The problem is not with the multitudes but with the pastors who give-in to there whims. When a pastor stands on the word and doesn't give-in one of two things will happen. One, the people will hear the truth and the people will divide into two groups, those who want the truth and those who don't. I have seen many board meetings break out into arguments over what the preacher is preaching and the leadership gives in to the people. The problem with leadership in the church today is that they don't want to make anyone angry or uncomfortable or take the chance of someone leaving. The problem with most leadership today is that they are voted in by people or chosen by fellow leadership without ever consulting the Lord in a rightful manner.

The second thing that could happen to a pastor who stands on the word and doesn't give-in is he gets fired. Preachers today are a dime a dozen but preachers called and seperated by the hand of G-d are hard to find. In times of old there was only one church per community and today we either have a church on every corner or a liquor store. There has been a great loss in todays socity of the churches impact on our communities because of the lack of a G-dly leadership choesen by G-d, instead we have chosen our leadership and suffer. Doesn't this sound alot like when the Hebrew people chose Saul to be there king and didn't want G-d's imput. They wanted what they wanted so they got what they got!

Child_of_IAM

Very good post Child_of_IAM,

Leadership seems to be misunderstood in our society. Many leaders today will only give-in to what the public wants to hear. Leaders are supposed to LEAD others out of fallacy. Whether it be a false sense of truth, or peace, or comfort; leaders are supposed to better the situation, not conform to it! I love the prophecy about the 144,000 Jewish saints in Revelation. There will be 144,000 apostle Pauls running around preaching the Word of God!! This will bring about the greatest (and much needed) reformation of the Church in human history! What a beautiful sight that will be!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/26/1961

I would like to say that not all pastors preach the truth, they preach a truth watered down. There are still many who speak the truth from the pulpit but there are multitudes of people who don't want the truth. The problem is not with the multitudes but with the pastors who give-in to there whims. When a pastor stands on the word and doesn't give-in one of two things will happen. One, the people will hear the truth and the people will divide into two groups, those who want the truth and those who don't. I have seen many board meetings break out into arguments over what the preacher is preaching and the leadership gives in to the people. The problem with leadership in the church today is that they don't want to make anyone angry or uncomfortable or take the chance of someone leaving. The problem with most leadership today is that they are voted in by people or chosen by fellow leadership without ever consulting the Lord in a rightful manner.

The second thing that could happen to a pastor who stands on the word and doesn't give-in is he gets fired. Preachers today are a dime a dozen but preachers called and seperated by the hand of G-d are hard to find. In times of old there was only one church per community and today we either have a church on every corner or a liquor store. There has been a great loss in todays socity of the churches impact on our communities because of the lack of a G-dly leadership choesen by G-d, instead we have chosen our leadership and suffer. Doesn't this sound alot like when the Hebrew people chose Saul to be there king and didn't want G-d's imput. They wanted what they wanted so they got what they got!

Child_of_IAM

Very good post Child_of_IAM,

Leadership seems to be misunderstood in our society. Many leaders today will only give-in to what the public wants to hear. Leaders are supposed to LEAD others out of fallacy. Whether it be a false sense of truth, or peace, or comfort; leaders are supposed to better the situation, not conform to it! I love the prophecy about the 144,000 Jewish saints in Revelation. There will be 144,000 apostle Pauls running around preaching the Word of God!! This will bring about the greatest (and much needed) reformation of the Church in human history! What a beautiful sight that will be!

Amen What a beautiful day that will be!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

We probably need to be careful that we do not confuse "style" with "substance". The real question, in my opinion, should not be if pastors are preaching in a classical expository style. Classical 3-point exposition of a text is simply one way of communicating the truth of a passage.

To me the real question is our pastors doing the hard work of studying the text in a correct way. Once they have done that, there are a myriad of legitimate ways to present the truth at which one has prayerfully and carefully arrived.