IGNORED

Movies for Christians

JIME

What kind of movies should Christian watch using the movie rating scale?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE A MOVIE RATING THAT FITS YOUR PERSONAL PREFERENCE

• NONE--Watch no movies at all.
    • G--General Audiences
    • PG--Parental Guidence
    • PG-13--Parental Guidence, No one under 13 permitted without their parents
    • R--Restricted, No one under 17 admitted
    • NR--Not Rated
  2. 2. Is it acceptable to put cow manure in cake?

• YES
    • NO
  3. 3. Isn't the filth in the movies today, like the cow manure in the cake?

• YES
    • NO

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/08/1964

My husband and I were at the mall and we were looking at the Movie Theatre posters. There is nothing out there right now that doesn't have: Violence, Profanity, Nudity, Crude Humor, Suggested sexual content and other unChristian-like behavior in it.

I thought I would poll the board to see were people stand in the choice of movie ratings out there. Do you as a Christian compromise your beliefs for a 2 hr piece of "entertainment" that could cause your spiritual walk to stagnate.

Remember we should be Pure and Holy before the Lord.

Romans 8:1-12 Life in the Spirit

1 So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. 2 And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death. 3 The law of Moses was unable to save us because of the weakness of our sinful nature. So God did what the law could not do. He sent his own Son in a body like the bodies we sinners have. And in that body God declared an end to sin

Edited by JIME

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

Hi Jime,

Yes I agree as I stated on another thread that hollywood goes to far with it's movies. I remember a movie last summer called cars by pixar. This movie was rated G but slipped in bad language, and blasphemed the name of the Lord Jesus.

I voted for Ratings of G movies. and yes cow droppings do ruin a good cake.

Perhaps an option of "all of the above" could have been added.

Not all ( R ) rated movies are filthy, and not all ( G ) rated movies are clean. It all depends on the story being told.

Just an opinion.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

There are some good movies out.

The new movie of 'The Nativity Story' is out in theatres now since beginning of Dec. and it should be good from all reviews. :thumbsup:

There are some good movies for watching at home, too.

:rolleyes: I like the movie (DVD or VHS) 'Matthew'. It uses the entire Book of Matthew's words only. (not a made up script at all ) :th_praying: The great joy of Jesus on earth is well portrayed and more. :)

I would like to see next 'The Gospel of John' by Visual Bible. Also, 'Acts of The Apostles.' THese are major motion films also.

It is by The Visual Bible. They have a few others, too. Can learn about them online.

http://www.visual-bible.com/ (FYI; this site has them for about 14 dollars and that is pretty good for a movie that will be watched and or listened to often.

Other sites charge more for them.)

ENJOY

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  828
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  12/28/1980

Violence, Profanity, Nudity, Crude Humor, Suggested sexual content and other unChristian-like behavior in it.

Doesn't the Bible have violence, sexual content also though? :unsure:

I would like to see Mel Gibson's movie because it contains violence. It shows another culture in what I hope is a truthful telling of a pagan society.

The Bible is dripping in blood -

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

That's true, CS. You've got a good point.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

The MPAA ratings are basically a joke. There are many R rated movies without sex or gratuitous foul language. There are many so-called PG-13 movies full of bad language, sexual innuendo and bared breasts. There are movies rated PG and G that are completely nihilistic, with anti family, anti Christian and unwholesome lifestyles glorified throughout them. So how in the world can you take those ratings seriously?

The Bible rightly teaches that all things may be lawful for me but not all things are expedient. So I use common sense and discretion when choosing what movie I go see or rent or buy. Being familiar with the director's and producer's bodies of work helps, as well as familiarizing yourself with other movies the writer has been involved with helps in making the decision. The Internet Movie Data Base is a valuable tool in this. Of course, if the movie has piqued your interest and you go to see it and discover you don't like it, just get up and leave. I have done that a few times, the last time was during Happy Feet, which in my estimation was a total waste of film.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  07/29/1974

Go see Facing the Giants and the Nativity Story

Goos movies both

Edited by carrielles

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

Hi Jime,

Yes I agree as I stated on another thread that hollywood goes to far with it's movies. I remember a movie last summer called cars by pixar. This movie was rated G but slipped in bad language, and blasphemed the name of the Lord Jesus.

Do you remember which part of Cars that happens? I know three Christians that worked on that film, watched it, enjoyed it more than the CG furry-animal trendy films (but not as much as most Pixar films) and wonder how that slipped by me.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

Hi Jime,

Do you remember which part of Cars that happens? I know three Christians that worked on that film, watched it, enjoyed it more than the CG furry-animal trendy films (but not as much as most Pixar films) and wonder how that slipped by me.

Hi Jeffnevins,

The part where they Blasphemed the name of Christ is at the end credits, they have two car characters on the movie, that were vacationers that were lost. They were trying to find directions and on the end credits it shows them again. and one of them makes the commit for the love of ( a car company that starts with Chry.) sorry I will not say it for it grieves the Holy Spirit within me. Even though it does not say Christ straight out, it still can put the thought in ones head.

Actually I did not catch this but my wife brought it to my attention. on the other part where profanity was used, Lighting Mcqueen calls the town that he is stuck in He double tooth picks hole. but he says the word. I also noted an article, in which Chrysler said; that in future tv commercials they were going to start doing the same thing. What a shame.

Cars is one movie I will not be adding to our pixar collection. I figured this would happen after Disney bought them out. Nothing in this world thats pure, stays pure long.

To most people this might not be a big deal, however, it's just one more step off that slippery slope.