• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/18/1964

Hello to you all at worthy,

I have a question about the age of accountability. Is it mentioned in the bible anywhere about this topic? I know there is no actual age, but I can't seem to find a bible reference for this topic.

Looking forward to hearing your answers.

Thank you!

Mydwellingplace~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I could be wrong here, but my understanding of this is that we base the age of accountability roughly at the age of Jesus when He was found teaching in the synagogue. He was twelve. Everyone has a different time in life where they will come to understand the spiritual things of God, but loosely, it can be about age twelve. There is no real scripture that states this.

If anyone can find scripture that leads us about this, please let us know!

Please note: I am not saying age twelve. That has been a rule of thumb that I was taught 50 years ago! It is not anything to strictly adhere to.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

The Bible does not specify an age of accountability

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

The age of accountability is never mentioned in scripture, even the basic concept, although I understand those Christians who want to include this idea.

But faith is faith and can come at any age, and does come at all different ages in scripture, from the unborn to the little children to the old. I personally don

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/07/1987

There is no specific age given in the bible. I'm guessing it is when you stop being called a child, but I'm 19 and my parents still call me a child, and sometimes a baby, so does that make me not accountable? :)

I really do think its a personal issue. When you are a child, you don't ever feel guilty because of your own conscience, its usually just because you are getting punished. I think everyone realizes that they have become accountable under God's eyes when it happens. I know I did, and it was kind of a shocking feeling from what I remember.

But there is no specific age given in scripture, and I think that they left that open for a reason. God wouldn't just accidentally leave something out. This kind of follows my theory on Christmas, we don't know Jesus' actual birth date, because God knew that if he kept it a secret from the 4th century church that they would use Christmas as the date, and look what happened!! Millions of pagans converting to Christianity, which eventually lead to the spread of the Word throughout the world! Pretty crazy....

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/17/1964

There is no age given in scripture, But I believe it would differ from one person to another.

When a person is old enough to know right from wrong. That could be 10 for one person, 12 for another,

and maybe age 15 for someone else. God knows each person and each persons mind and thoughts and

knows when each person is accountability. Just my thoughts

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

There is no specific age given in the bible. I'm guessing it is when you stop being called a child, but I'm 19 and my parents still call me a child, and sometimes a baby, so does that make me not accountable? :)

I really do think its a personal issue. When you are a child, you don't ever feel guilty because of your own conscience, its usually just because you are getting punished. I think everyone realizes that they have become accountable under God's eyes when it happens. I know I did, and it was kind of a shocking feeling from what I remember.

But there is no specific age given in scripture, and I think that they left that open for a reason. God wouldn't just accidentally leave something out. This kind of follows my theory on Christmas, we don't know Jesus' actual birth date, because God knew that if he kept it a secret from the 4th century church that they would use Christmas as the date, and look what happened!! Millions of pagans converting to Christianity, which eventually lead to the spread of the Word throughout the world! Pretty crazy....

Cool theory!

Guest No Weapon Formed Against Me

In my opinion the age of accountability is

Once you know right from wrong

When you know whats right and whats wrong

you are held accountable

• Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

oh amen!!!!! When we come to that we can understand what is right, wrong, and the difference between the two, I believe that that is the "age of accountability"... as already said.. that can differ person to person.. I know a little boy who may never actually reach "that" until glory because of a mental disability that he was born with... so, I guess it depends upon that.. I bet that as already said, that someone woudl turn it into a doctrine if we knew the exact date that Jesus was born.. there is evidence as to the general time period, however, that is for another thread all to itself :wub:

~Crystal

In my opinion the age of accountability is

Once you know right from wrong

When you know whats right and whats wrong

you are held accountable

I agree, and obviously, that would be different for everyone. "Normal" child psyhcological development charts would probably pinpoint ages 4 or 5 as when this type of thinking would be within the realm of possibility for a person.