• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

Ahh but that is the bottom line, the ultimate point. The old covenant is done away with. Were now under a covenant of Grace, and one day this covenant will be done away with and a new one will be made.

What matters and all that matters IS Salvation!

IF you look at Christ, you find that we are to rest in him, not some day of the week, and that is done everyday of the week.

Hello Eliyahuw

Could you show me the scripture that says that the old covenant has been done away with?

Also the scripture that says we are to rest in Jesus? Thanks.

Which covenant? th adamic covenant, the noahidic, or Covenant of the law? All came to a end.

The adamic came to the end when man broke his covenant with man and he destroyed mankind.

The noahidic laws came into play along with a new covenant God made, until man broke it again and instead of killing off mankind, he brought forth abraham and chose a people to make a new covenant with. that produced the line that brought christ, and even the jews had broken his covenant and perverted the law into something it was never intended, and God ended that covenent by fulfilling the law through christ and creating anew covenant of grace when christ died ont he cross.

For a new one to come into existance one had to end.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

And Hi to you to Vickilynn

Im not sure that was the covenant Eliyahuw was refering to. Hebrews 9 and 10 are talking of the blood covenant which was written in the law of Moses. The shadow of Christ. That covenant arrived at the cross with Jesus. I could be wrong but i think he was refering to the heart covenant when the law will be written in our heart. Im not sure, so i guess ill have to wait on him and see what he says.

The blood covenant has been around since Adam, long before the law of moses. it has represented christ since the beginning. The Law that everyone seems to think should dictate every action of our lives was not given to save us but condemn us. thank God that covenant is ended and the Covenant of Grace is what we live under for if we were subject to the covenant of the law, we would all perish.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/03/1951

I don't know why some people here call the Sabbath as some kind of burden? To me, it is the best day of the week that I look forward to. I rest from my daily labour, worship God, fellowship with Christian brothers and sisters, and even have pot luck lunch after the church services. Does this sound like a type of "Old Testament yoke of burden"? I think not! :laugh:

Shalom JD,

Amen, we LOVE our Sabbath observances at home! The kids and the hubby look forward to it all week and it is very special. We try to have guests over as well. Even the 7-year old knows why we observe and that is to honor Jesus and His Word.

We also go to church on Sunday and that makes it awesome! Sabbath on Friday night / Saturday and then church on Sunday. :thumbsup:

Hi Vickilynn,

In the way you just stated you observe the sabbath as a Christian I whould not have a problem agreeing with its ok to do.And I whould also be able to do it myself as a Christian because I have done it once in a previous Church I attended. We sported a Jewish Missionary from N.Y. City who ministered to the Jewish people in that area and he preached one night at at our Church and we celebrated the passover together as he explained it. And if a Jew asked me to celebrate the passover with him I whould in order to be a good testimony to him.But I just don't see the need to practice on a regular basis as a N.T. Christian.

I have learned something today from this post, don't jump to conclusions about where you might think some one is at theologically till you know them better.

Shalom Eddie,

Thank you for your post and for the reminder.

So many of us don't REALLY read what others are posting, we just jump in with both feet and think we know what they're saying! :thumbsup:

And I understand about you not seeing a need to practice it regularly and that's fine. If it is something that the L-rd wants you to start practicing, HE will quicken it to your heart. But, perhaps this thread is serving to help do that? You see, The Sabbath IS G-d's Word.

Personally, I think all Christians should because it glorifies Jesus, honors Him, honors G-d's Word and brings us deeper understanding of the Word and our G-d. But, I do not believe it is sin not to. I just know that since it is G-d's Word and it glorifies HIM, it is a good thing, and should be desired to be practiced by those who truly love G-d and wish to honor Him and His Word. Anyway, that's between the L-rd and you, no one is to judge you whether you do or not, that is what the Scriptures say.

Hi Vickilynn,

As I said in certain situations i would not have a problem celebrating the passover in order to reach the Jew or to reconcile a brother to Christ.But i whould not practice the Sabbath as a N.T. Christian because the N.T. doesn't tell me to do so in the same way the O.T. Jew was to do, because we have a new covenant thats better then the old one according to Hebrews because of Christ.

Its true Christ practice the Sabbath, because He was a JEW under the Law who whould fulfill the Law for you and me.

The ? in my mind is how does the Christian not only obey the Sabbath, the 4 commandment, but all of the 10 commandments today? According to the N.T.

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

So then how is the Law fulfilled in us?By Christ living in us and through us by the power of the Holy Spirit.

The N.T. saint is not only not to commit murder, but he is not to even hate someone, a much higher and harder law to obey if it were possible for me to obey, which i cant.

So then how is the Christian today according to the N. T. going to fulfill obeying the Sabbath.Again it whould be through what Christ accomplished on the cross.

The Sabbath in the O.T. was to be a day of rest from work, and communion with God.Thats a blessing from God to His people.

We as Christians because of Gods grace enter into a better Sabbath(rest)according to Heb. 4.

As God rested on the seventh day from His work of creation, the true believer today rests in the completed work of the Lord Jesus Christ. In order to enter into God's rest, a person must quietly accept God's work. He must cease from his own work. Salvation is God's gift.

Heb 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.

Heb 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

Heb 4:5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

Heb 4:6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

Heb 4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

Heb 4:8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

Heb 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Heb 4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Hi Vickilynn,

As I said in certain situations i would not have a problem celebrating the passover in order to reach the Jew or to reconcile a brother to Christ.But i whould not practice the Sabbath as a N.T. Christian because the N.T. doesn't tell me to do so in the same way the O.T. Jew was to do, because we have a new covenant thats better then the old one according to Hebrews because of Christ.

Its true Christ practice the Sabbath, because He was a JEW under the Law who whould fulfill the Law for you and me.

The ? in my mind is how does the Christian not only obey the Sabbath, the 4 commandment, but all of the 10 commandments today? According to the N.T.

Shalom Eddie,

You are confusing the LAW and the Covenants with the Sabbath. The Sabbath pre-dates the Law. G-d never rescinded the Sabbath. The Sabbath remains. Observe or not, decide for yourself. The Scriptures pertaining to sin and death have to do with salvation. If you've read this thread, you'll see that Sabbath has nothing to do with salvation, so that argument is moot.

How we obey the 10 Commandments is by the grace of G-d. The bottom line is, we are commanded to obey them. ALL of them.

You argue against a Sabbath, but the Bible says it remains as the 7th day. I choose the Bible. :thumbsup:

BTW, the topic of this thread is which DAY the Sabbath is, not whether there is one and not debating law vs grace.

Let's not waste any more of each other's time going down rabbit trails or going in circles.

Guest DYChowmah

And Hi to you to Vickilynn

Im not sure that was the covenant Eliyahuw was refering to. Hebrews 9 and 10 are talking of the blood covenant which was written in the law of Moses. The shadow of Christ. That covenant arrived at the cross with Jesus. I could be wrong but i think he was refering to the heart covenant when the law will be written in our heart. Im not sure, so i guess ill have to wait on him and see what he says.

The blood covenant has been around since Adam, long before the law of moses. it has represented christ since the beginning. The Law that everyone seems to think should dictate every action of our lives was not given to save us but condemn us. thank God that covenant is ended and the Covenant of Grace is what we live under for if we were subject to the covenant of the law, we would all perish.

Could you give me the new testament scripture that says the law covenant has ended.

I cant find it.

Edited by DYChowmah

Guest DYChowmah
BTW, the topic of this thread is which DAY the Sabbath is, not whether there is one and not debating law vs grace.

Hi Vickilynn

This thread is whether the sabbath should be kept by believers or if its ok to follow traditions of man and keep sunday as a day of rest. There are "many" who claim there is no law, therefore they need not keep Gods commandments and thus they need not keep His sabbath day. Youve got to allow these people to speak their peace about the law. The scriptures will have final say. Just as the WORD did for those who held tightly to scripture below...

COL. 2 [16] Let no man therefore judge you in MEAT, or in DRINK, or in respect OF AN HOLYDAY, or of the NEW MOON, or of the SABBATH DAYS:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Hi Vickilynn

This thread is whether the sabbath should be kept by believers or if its ok to follow traditions of man and keep sunday as a day of rest. There are "many" who claim there is no law, therefore they need not keep Gods commandments and thus they need not keep His sabbath day. Youve got to allow these people to speak their peace about the law. The scriptures will have final say. Just as the WORD did for those who held tightly to scripture below...

COL. 2 [16] Let no man therefore judge you in MEAT, or in DRINK, or in respect OF AN HOLYDAY, or of the NEW MOON, or of the SABBATH DAYS:

Shalom DY,

First of all, I was addressing Eddie, not you. And you are arguing about the opening post:

Here it is again:

Sabbath on saturday or sunday?

No work, no school, worship praise and prayer. That sounds like the sabbath day to me. Why is it that God commands no work on the seventh day, yet we wait till the 1st day to stop working?

It is asking WHICH day the Sabbath is on. Not if it is valid and not debating on Law vs Grace. That is what I said in my previous post and I have shown it to be true. And I will post as I am led of the L-rd. You must do the same, but I need no instruction, thank you anyway.

Guest DYChowmah
Hi Vickilynn

Well speaking of the above scripture, theres more. Post 126 and 128 cleared up "through scripture" what Col.2 was speaking of. There was at least one who still claimed he did not believe those scriptures. Well.... heres some more

COL.2 [14] BLOTTING OUT THE HANDWRITING OF ORDINANCES that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;[15] And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.[16] Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:[17] WHICH ARE A SHADOW OF THINGS TO COME; BUT THE BODY IS OF CHRIST.

Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

HEBREWS 9 [1] Then verily THE FIRST COVENANT HAD ALSO ORDINANCES of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary. [9] Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;[10] WHICH STOOD ONLY IN MEATS AND DRINKS, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.[12] Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

The first covenant had also ordinances of divine service which STOOD ONLY in sacrifice offerings (meats and drinks), and carnal ordinances such as circumcision which were abolished in Christ.

HEBREWS 10 [1] FOR THE LAW HAVING A SHADOW of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with THOSE SACRIFICES WHICH THEY OFFERED year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.[2] For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.[3] But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.[4] For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

So ya see, it was the law contained in the ordinances, which stood only in meat an drink offerings, which were the shadow of Christ. The sacrifices.

NUMBERS 28 [9] And ON THE SABBATH day two lambs of the first year without spot, and two tenth deals of flour for a MEAT OFFERING, mingled with oil, and the DRINK OFFERING thereof: [10] This is the burnt offering of every sabbath, beside the continual burnt offering, and his drink offering.

In this scripture you can see the shadow of Christ. The meat and drink offerings of the sabbath. The sabbath was not the shadow of Christ. It was (according to the scriptures) the meat and drink offerings. The laws contained within the ordinances.

1 COR.5 [7] Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even CHRIST OUR PASSOVER is sacrificed for us: [8] THEREFORE LET US KEEP THE FEAST, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

We are to still keep Gods feast days (Holydays) and His sabbaths as the new testament commands us to. Only now, Christ is our passover sacrifice for sin. No more burnt offerings. No more meat offerings. No more drink offerings. And even the laws of the feast of unleavened bread have been fulfilled in Christ. Have a peanut butter and jelly during The Feast of Unleavened Bread and let no man judge you for this.

Guest DYChowmah
Shalom DY,

First of all, I was addressing Eddie, not you. And you are arguing about the opening post:

Here it is again:

Sabbath on saturday or sunday?

No work, no school, worship praise and prayer. That sounds like the sabbath day to me. Why is it that God commands no work on the seventh day, yet we wait till the 1st day to stop working?

It is asking WHICH day the Sabbath is on. Not if it is valid and not debating on Law vs Grace. That is what I said in my previous post and I have shown it to be true. And I will post as I am led of the L-rd. You must do the same, but I need no instruction, thank you anyway.

So... i guess your saying

Your as pig headed as i am

I can live with that

Have a good day Vickilynn

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/03/1951

Hi Vickilynn,

Shalom Eddie,

You are confusing the LAW and the Covenants with the Sabbath. The Sabbath pre-dates the Law. G-d never rescinded the Sabbath. The Sabbath remains. Observe or not, decide for yourself. The Scriptures pertaining to sin and death have to do with salvation. If you've read this thread, you'll see that Sabbath has nothing to do with salvation, so that argument is moot.

How we obey the 10 Commandments is by the grace of G-d. The bottom line is, we are commanded to obey them. ALL of them.

You argue against a Sabbath, but the Bible says it remains as the 7th day. I choose the Bible. :thumbsup:

Let's not waste any more of each other's time going down rabbit trails or going in circles.

Hi Vickilynn,

Last comment for me as well on this topic.I respectfully disagree with you.

You didnt post all that I said in my post.

Your answers above avoided what I was saying or you dont understand what I said. Thats ok, we just dont see it the same way.

Which day is the Sabbath for the Christian, I did anwser it. According to the N.T. covenant there is NO DAY to practice the Sabbath, it is fulfilled in Christ for the N.T. Christian (Heb. 4).The O.T. covenants to the Jews is between Jeovah God and the Jews.