• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1947

We are STILL debating this issue????

1930 years ago (plus or minus) Paul settled this issue once and for all. He wrote: "One man esteemeth one day above another, and another man esteemeth all days equally. Let each man be fully persuaded in his own mind," and then he exhorted us to 'live in peace' with one another.

Are we just a little 'slow' on the uptake!!?!!

I agree with you Leonard like many issues we seem to want to re-invent the wheel over and over or are we just a little lazy :noidea:;)

By the way no offence intended - I include myself :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Guest chrisholyspirit
No work, no school, worship praise and prayer. That sounds like the sabbath day to me. Why is it that God commands no work on the seventh day, yet we wait till the 1st day to stop working?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Jewish seventh-day Sabbath-keepers, engendered by the likes of Ellen Gould Harmon White, founder of 19th-century "seventh-day Adventism," still insist that those who are gloriously liberated by faith in and thru the Lord Jesus Christ, must return to the Old Testament Mosaic Code delivered unto the LITERAL NATION OF ISRAEL back in Exodus 19:3; Exodus 20:22; Exodus 25:2; etc, etc. It's most interesting that before the advent of one, Ellen Gould Harmon White on the religious scene in the 19th-century, there was NO SUCH THING IN EXISTENCE as a "seventh-day Adventist"! Praise God for Galatians 5:1, "Stand fast in the LIBERTY with which Christ has made us FREE, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage!" This powerful warning surely includes Ellen Gould Harmon White & her compatriots with their Jewish seventh-day Sabbath-keeping, "investigative judgments," Satan as "scapegoat" in Leviticus 17; vegetarianism as an essential biblical imperative today (even Jesus ate meats!); annihilationism/soul-sleep at death; on into the murky Ellen Gould Harmon White-night! It's never BACK to Moses; it's always FORWARD & UPWARD to the Lord Jesus Christ! AMEN & AMEN!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

1930 years ago (plus or minus) Paul settled this issue once and for all. He wrote: "One man esteemeth one day above another, and another man esteemeth all days equally. Let each man be fully persuaded in his own mind,"

Yup. :blink:

Amen, Leonard.

Steve

• 6 months later...
Guest djconklin
1930 years ago (plus or minus) Paul settled this issue once and for all. He wrote: "One man esteemeth one day above another, and another man esteemeth all days equally. Let each man be fully persuaded in his own mind,"

There's no proof that Paul was talking about God's Sabbath. And who cares what man "esteems" in the first place?

Guest djconklin
Jewish seventh-day Sabbath-keepers, engendered by the likes of Ellen Gould Harmon White, founder of 19th-century "seventh-day Adventism,"

Three points of history:

1) Ellen White was not the founder of the SDA's.

2) The SDA's heard about the Sabbath from the Seventh-day Baptists who got it from Scripture.

3) The Sabbath is God's Sabbath, not Jewish:

Exodus 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

The liberty that Paul talks about is freedom from sin; not freedom from the law that points out where you sin--you want the law so you can know when and where you have sinned, so you can get rid of it through the power of God--that's the Good News! We can be free from sin! Isn't that great?!?

Guest djconklin
Colossians 2:16

Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

The Sabbath is not binding on Christians.

Paul isn't talking about the seventh-day Sabbath in Colossians. For more detail see http://www.666man.net/Colossians_2_16-17_B...n/colintro.html

BTW, there is no support in the Greek wfor the use of the word "what"--it is the act of eating and drinking that is in view here--the ascetics were trying to teach them to fast and deny themselves as a way of approaching God.

It turns out that the most significant words in this verse that unlock its meaning are "with regard to a feast." What the word "feast" means is clarified when you walk through the OT: http://www.666man.net/Colossians_2_16-17_B...klin/feast.html -- there, I did all the hard work for you! Now all you have to do is read the table of all its uses in the OT (note the Hebrew and Greek words that are used).

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Shalom,

I notice when you post on these boards, you dig up all the old threads dealing with Sabbath.

I do understand that you are a Seventh Day Adventist, but surely there are other Biblical issues you are interested in?

Anyway, welcome to Worthy! :)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

No work, no school, worship praise and prayer. That sounds like the sabbath day to me. Why is it that God commands no work on the seventh day, yet we wait till the 1st day to stop working?

If my working week begins on a Wednesday, then my Sabbath (day of rest) is on a Tuesday - the seventh day. Therefore I'm for everyone having to take their Sabbath rest on a Tuesday so as to fall in line with me. On the other hand, one of my daughters begins her working week on a Thursday, so that her seventh day of rest occurs on a Wednesday. I'm still arguong whether her seventh day - her rest day - which falls on a Wednesday, has more vaidity than my Sabbath rest day that falls on a Tuesday. Mind you, I have heard that there was a certain Man of Galilee who taught that the Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath, and that therefore perhaps my arguments with my daughter about whether Tuesday or Wednesday should be the approved day of rest are not somewhat obsolete.

Ruth

NB I am speaking figuratively, not relaying actual events.

Guest djconklin

If my working week begins on a Wednesday, then my Sabbath (day of rest) is on a Tuesday - the seventh day. Therefore I'm for everyone having to take their Sabbath rest on a Tuesday so as to fall in line with me. On the other hand, one of my daughters begins her working week on a Thursday, so that her seventh day of rest occurs on a Wednesday. I'm still arguong whether her seventh day - her rest day - which falls on a Wednesday, has more vaidity than my Sabbath rest day that falls on a Tuesday. Mind you, I have heard that there was a certain Man of Galilee who taught that the Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath, and that therefore perhaps my arguments with my daughter about whether Tuesday or Wednesday should be the approved day of rest are not somewhat obsolete.

Ruth

NB I am speaking figuratively, not relaying actual events.

LOL! That was good!